Streets of Rage 4 announced

New screenshots via IGN here including a new snippet of the game in action that looks right out of Streets of Rage 1.

fbOckAn.png

5FoKYNl.png

More screens at the link. Game is looking much better. Seems to echo those neon night streets that are signature Streets of Rage much more now. Love these. Thoughts?

Can they make a new Ristar next?
That'd be amazing. Sega has so many IPs to work with and so much talent with 2D games(Sonic Mania FFS). They really could rake in the dough making solid sequels to those games...

New screenshots via IGN here including a new snippet of the game in action that looks right out of Streets of Rage 1.

fbOckAn.png

5FoKYNl.png

More screens at the link. Game is looking much better. Seems to echo those neon night streets that are signature Streets of Rage much more now. Love these. Thoughts?
Looking good. I wasn't sure on the art style at first but it's grown on me.

Hope it plays as well as it looks.

I've been following the development of this game for a long time. Very much looking forward to the final result. Looks great so far.

Aww, yes! Been enjoying the hell out of them on the collection for PS4, brings back good memories of sis and I plying together back in the early 90s. This is too exciting! More Golden Axe would kick ass, too. And I'd like a rerelease of World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck (total different type of game but hey!). And Skies, please pretty please.

Skies is so wonderful. I've been doing a playthrough since New Year's.

And if my memory isn't playing tricks, wasn't the Lion King game pretty fun too? They should've rereleased it this year then to coincide with the film returning.

And if my memory isn't playing tricks, wasn't the Lion King game pretty fun too? They should've rereleased it this year then to coincide with the film returning.
For genesis? It has it's merits, but it's just a really poorly designed game... a remake that fixes some of the issues and focuses on what it does right would be awesome though...

Castle of Illusion was a cool game and all but yeah, always did prefer World of Illusion too. I also played Mickey Mania back then too which was also a very good game.

I never got past the haunted house level in Mickey Mania, but the game was a wonderful love letter to the character.

The new art style for Streets of Rage hasn't grown on me yet, but I can't imagine not giving it a go at some point.

Can either of you comment on whether Epic Mickey compares well to Castle of Illusion or Mickey Mania? I appreciate Warren Spector's games since Martian Dreams (and Deus Ex, of course).

Always considered Streets of Rage a cyberpunk milestone -- it's like Vaporwave: The Game.

So now the "in association with SEGA" is at the front of the trailer? Space Channel 5 VR, Shenmue III, Rez Infinite...none of those games included that. Is SEGA helping out with development after all?

Played Space Channel 5 VR and Streets of Rage 4 at PAX East today. Very good.

I kind of hate to admit it, but that newest trailer made the game look really good. I'm likely going to buy it now. Still not super happy with the (imo) cartoonier art direction of the game, or the fact it's being dev'd by a western studio, but I guess it looks like they've done a good job all the same.

So now the "in association with SEGA" is at the front of the trailer? Space Channel 5 VR, Shenmue III, Rez Infinite...none of those games included that. Is SEGA helping out with development after all?
Well I can't speak for Space Channel 5 VR, but Shenmue 3 legitimately has nothing to do with Sega now that Suzuki owns the IP. Rez Infinite is effectively just a really nice remaster of Rez with some extra content, so to say "in association with SEGA" would be kinda misleading considering Sega is the one that made the game to begin with.

I kind of hate to admit it, but that newest trailer made the game look really good. I'm likely going to buy it now. Still not super happy with the (imo) cartoonier art direction of the game, or the fact it's being dev'd by a western studio, but I guess it looks like they've done a good job all the same.

Well I can't speak for Space Channel 5 VR, but Shenmue 3 legitimately has nothing to do with Sega now that Suzuki owns the IP. Rez Infinite is effectively just a really nice remaster of Rez with some extra content, so to say "in association with SEGA" would be kinda misleading considering Sega is the one that made the game to begin with.
Suzuki does not own the Shenmue IP.

Back