Shenmue III will be "playable at E3" for press

The Demo is pretty much confirmed tho.
Suzuki said that its a promisse and it will be kept.
It will happen much closer to the release I suppose.

It's called a trial version, so it doesn't necessarily have to be a formal demo. It could simply be a case of backers getting a steam key 5 days before release or something. Who knows?

After the good reports that came out from Monaco, just imagine if the same happened. If almost, if not all of the journalists who had a hands on, came out and said this game was pretty decent. Or amazing in some regards.

Would fans still need to uproar.
Money says some fans still moan about the faces.....

Money says some fans still moan about the faces.....
In the last trailer they mostly bitched about the unessential NPC's faces. By E3 I expect the animations will have improved on Ryo and Shenhua considerably they'll be near the full polish. It just leaves them to bitch about the NPC's which even in former titles were at least two grades below that of essential characters. There's also the whole resentment of silly/cartoonish characters that were also present in the previous entries yet, everyone seems to want to be a revisionist. I guess nobody will ever be truly happy. I don't mind valid criticsim there is plenty, what I hate is grasping at straws and ignoring the underwhelming budget for this project expecting a 100 million dollar AAA title out of what is probably less than $30 million. The sad fact is we are getting WAY MORE than the kickstarter would ever have been able to deliver even at $10 million, yet there is still bitching about the minutia.

In the last trailer they mostly bitched about the unessential NPC's faces. By E3 I expect the animations will have improved on Ryo and Shenhua considerably they'll be near the full polish. It just leaves them to bitch about the NPC's which even in former titles were at least two grades below that of essential characters. There's also the whole resentment of silly/cartoonish characters that were also present in the previous entries yet, everyone seems to want to be a revisionist. I guess nobody will ever be truly happy. I don't mind valid criticsim there is plenty, what I hate is grasping at straws and ignoring the underwhelming budget for this project expecting a 100 million dollar AAA title out of what is probably less than $30 million. The sad fact is we are getting WAY MORE than the kickstarter would ever have been able to deliver even at $10 million, yet there is still bitching about the minutia.

I think people will be surprised once they see the enhancements. This enhanced NPC looks better than most games’ main characters...

There's also the whole resentment of silly/cartoonish characters that were also present in the previous entries yet, everyone seems to want to be a revisionist.

This just isn't true. Every character in the previous games looked like they belonged in the Shenmue world. The Shenmue III trailer, on the other hand, has Shrek.

This is exactly what most of us think. We know the budget and we know what the game has gone through.

The fact we are getting a 30 hours + epic says more than anything else. No other studio would squeeze that much out of so little.

I'm expecting the naysayers to become less and less as the press (hopefully) rate the game highly.

Yeah Dou Niu the outlandish embodiment of a 1980's cartoon villain and Congo a Mongolian who looked almost like a literal human ape hybrid totally belonged. I guess we can disagree however, he is only one non-essential character anyways.

Shenmue never had any comic/cartoonish looking characters. Ever.

Not gonna backseat mod, but we have a thread for this. This exact argument has played out a million times over already.

After the good reports that came out from Monaco, just imagine if the same happened. If almost, if not all of the journalists who had a hands on, came out and said this game was pretty decent. Or amazing in some regards.

Would fans still need to uproar.
If the hands-on previews come out largely as good as the hands-off ones, the fan communities should push that stuff enormously for awareness reasons. I'm seriously surprised that people don't even know we've had half a dozen previews already.

View attachment 2781

Dude is practically royalty, it seems.
Hah.

It's more the Wccftech thing than his own personal follower count. They're not a MAJOR major site, but I've heard of them.

Not gonna backseat mod, but we have a thread for this. This exact argument has played out a million times over already.

If the hands-on previews come out largely as good as the hands-off ones, the fan communities should push that stuff enormously for awareness reasons. I'm seriously surprised that people don't even know we've had half a dozen previews already.

Hah.

It's more the Wccftech thing than his own personal follower count. They're not a MAJOR major site, but I've heard of them.

More importantly, if Wccftech is getting a hands on access, it seems it might be open for a lot of press outlets.

Spags knows the shtick. Continue unrelated discussion on character models in here please:

Never heard of Wccftech before, but the more (hopefully positive) write-ups we can get on the E3 demo the better!

Back