Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 2

D3T are work for hire, and would not be able to continue on the game indefinitely. Seems the Japanese release was basically the deadline for getting as much sewn up as possible before the contract with SEGA ended.

If people want further patches the pressure should be put on SEGA from here on out, as long as it is done respectfully and maturely. SEGA have been known to patch games after the fact on occasion.

A lot of us had put considerable pressure on Sega for an extended period of time until about January or so, with many of us even reporting the same bugs multiple times. Personally, I have given up and came to accept the release in it’s current state.

The game could certainly use another patch. Or two.
Perhaps a more coordinated effort from the community at large would help nudge the knuckleheads over at Sega in the right direction?
#FixShenmueHD

What I would be concerned about, are the more aggressive elements jumping on the bandwagon of any larger community action. I'm sure we've all seen them lurking in SEGA and D3T's Twitter threads.

Please move further discussion of future patches here. This thread is only supposed to be used for reports and technical discussion. Thanks!

It's possible to start Shenmue II with a negative amount of money:

Negative-Money.png

It's also possible to make Ryo disappear while driving the forklift:

Forklift.png

Finally, remember this glitch?

At some point it was patched. But it wasn't fixed - instead of completing the tutorial allowing you to continue the game as it did before, it now just completely softlocks and requires the game to be closed and reopened.

They managed to break a glitch with a patch. Good going.

How did you get the negative money duckie?

When you're at the end of the first game ("I should check with everybody..."), there's nothing stopping you from going to Dobuita, even if you wouldn't have enough money to get back to the harbour.

So I just went home and spent all my money. When it forced me to go back to the harbour to see Tom, the 160 yen bus fare was apparently still taken off leaving me with -160 yen.

I was trying to get the minimum amount to start Shenmue II with, but it looks like I overdid it...

When you're at the end of the first game ("I should check with everybody..."), there's nothing stopping you from going to Dobuita, even if you wouldn't have enough money to get back to the harbour.

So I just went home and spent all my money. When it forced me to go back to the harbour to see Tom, the 160 yen bus fare was apparently still taken off leaving me with -160 yen.

I was trying to get the minimum amount to start Shenmue II with, but it looks like I overdid it...
WOW, so this totally answers one of my questions...
I always wondered how much money Ine-san and Fuku-san gave you at the end of the first game. He says it's not much, but apparently it's nothing at all... unless Ryo spent exactly that amount traveling on the boat...

Were you still blocked from entering other warehosue areas by guards after 7PM (or did the forklift fit through the old district's gate opening)?

Were you still blocked from entering other warehosue areas by guards after 7PM (or did the forklift fit through the old district's gate opening)?

Guards are still there, can't enter other areas.

Rats. Need to get the hang of the boundary glitch in Yokosuka--hardbour specifically. Always wanted to see the area next to old district and the area next to 18

so much easier with map glitch in Shenmue 2.

So this is it? we have all given up on sega ever releasing another patch for this shit show?

The community that managed to move mountains, have now given up and accepted these ports in this state?!

i haven't played these since October last year. But yesterday I finally had a chance to sit down and dive back in.. Oh boy! What on earth. They think this is an acceptable state to leave these games in? Something needs to be done. We need further patching. And not by those hacks at d3t either.

So this is it? we have all given up on sega ever releasing another patch for this shit show?

The community that managed to move mountains, have now given up and accepted these ports in this state?!

i haven't played these since October last year. But yesterday I finally had a chance to sit down and dive back in.. Oh boy! What on earth. They think this is an acceptable state to leave these games in? Something needs to be done. We need further patching. And not by those hacks at d3t either.
Unfortunately that's likely it. The budget for the games has likely been spent.

Personally I wouldn't call them a shitshow and they have had a degree of success in attracting new people to the series. Also they have some plus points. Issues for sure but they didnt ruin my experience.

But it speaks volumes when the modding community can basically fix most of the issues. The modded PC versions are overall very good.

Had a blast playing Shenmue 1 on the PS4 and currently am going through Shenmue II... it was a great experience but it was sad that I had to basically reduce the voice audio and sfx to like 20% to make S1 playable (and even then some bgm still were too quiet!).
Aside from this audio issue I'm having no problems with S2, I guess there might be some subtle problems but since I haven't played the originals I can't tell.

When we go to Man Mo Temple to learn the Counter Elbox Assault move she keeps saying "You're making an unnecessary move." We can't move backwards and it is stuck. Can this bug be fixed for Playstation 4?

When we go to Man Mo Temple to learn the Counter Elbox Assault move she keeps saying "You're making an unnecessary move." We can't move backwards and it is stuck. Can this bug be fixed for Playstation 4?
It also happens on PS4.

Iirc, you press back at the same time as the other two buttons and so if you’re simply pressing back on it’s own, the game should count it as an unnecessary move and it’s not a bug.

It's a bug/oversight in the original game too, this isn't new to the re-release.

Back