Did you know? Shenmue Edition

Yeah, I get the feeling the answer to any of those sort of questions is 'the game forces you to eventually' or 'it waits for you' :p

Did you know that 600 Yen is the maximum you can make per crate at the harbor?

I can't find verification, but I'm pretty sure it's 650 Yen...

Did you know that when you're sneaking around the Old Warehouse District, if you're still outside at 4am Ryo will go home and try again the next day? This is true even when Shozo tells you that entering in the early hours of the morning will make it easier to sneak in.

I can't find verification, but I'm pretty sure it's 650 Yen...

Did you know that when you're sneaking around the Old Warehouse District, if you're still outside at 4am Ryo will go home and try again the next day? This is true even when Shozo tells you that entering in the early hours of the morning will make it easier to sneak in.
I keep replaying day three of work (wasting time and getting capsule toys) and once you hit 600 Yen per crate he advises you that is the highest salary. I keep moving all 20 crates that day and keep getting 12,000 Yen per day.

I keep replaying day three of work (wasting time and getting capsule toys) and once you hit 600 Yen per crate he advises you that is the highest salary. I keep moving all 20 crates that day and keep getting 12,000 Yen per day.

For some who don't know about this on Day 3 of work in Shenmue if you take the shorter route to warehouse 3 it doesn't trigger the cutscenes and thus you can repeat day 3 as many times as you like

For some who don't know about this on Day 3 of work in Shenmue if you take the shorter route to warehouse 3 it doesn't trigger the cutscenes and thus you can repeat day 3 as many times as you like
I've heard this said before but never been able to verify it myself, even going only the short way I triggered the cutscene... Unless I'm not understanding it right...

I always use the short way and get the cutscene
I could be getting confused but I'm sure there's a route on Day 3 that doesn't trigger it.

Also am I right in thinking if you don't investigate warehouse 17 after work it doesn't move things on

I'll take your word for it - as I said, I could be remembering wrong.

Also am I right in thinking if you don't investigate warehouse 17 after work it doesn't move things on

Okay then:

Did you know that it's possible to repeat every day of work except the first indefinitely, by simply avoiding story triggers? To repeat Day 2, either enter Warehouse No. 3 from Warehouse No. 1, or don't head to Warehouse No. 17 afterwards. To repeat Day 3, don't go to the area outside Warehouse No. 18 after work. To repeat Day 4, don't talk to Mark. To repeat Day 5, either talk to Mark ONCE only (you need to talk to him twice to advance the story) or stop moving crates after 3:30pm.

I could be getting confused but I'm sure there's a route on Day 3 that doesn't trigger it.

Yeah you have to investigate back there for sure...

I remember arguing with someone like a year ago on reddit who insisted Shenmue was broken because you couldn't progress playing naturally because of the "glitch" that wouldn't trigger the cutscene on day 3. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding, but I have no idea what he's talking about. As far as I can tell, so long as you are diligently working, it doesn't matter what route you take, you will always trigger the appropriate scenes. The triggers happen based on a time window and when you pass a certain area that you MUST pass while working, so I'm really not sure where the disconnect is... maybe he was just slacking off lmfao

Indeed there is. It made me replay Day 3 endless times so I was stuck until I tried the other route.

Did you know that the harbor in Shenmue has 10 bollards to moore ships? And that one of them is tucked away behind the boxes behind the gate near the Mad Angels warehouse, so never visible but still there?

Amazing stuff guys.

Did you know that Ryo was a playable character in NFL 2K? (can't remember which one)
ESPN NFL 2K4. I just got a copy for my collection this past weekend for like $3.

Did you know that Shenmue had an easter egg appearance in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity in the 90s Boulevard stage?

ESPN NFL 2K4. I just got a copy for my collection this past weekend for like $3.

Did you know that Shenmue had an easter egg appearance in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity in the 90s Boulevard stage?

I didn't know about Sonic Riders.

On a similar note, did you know there is an MJQ Jazz Bar in Virtua Fighter 5? Did you also know there is an unplayable arcade called Amusement Game You in Yakuza 0?

Well, sticking with VF5 then...

Did you know that there is a custom Pan character in Quest Mode that has the nickname Shen Fa and even a fitting PR text.

XqtS1LB.jpg

Back