Did you know? Shenmue Edition

Did you know you can manage to gain enough affection from Shenhua that she will try to give Ryo a kiss as thanks? But of course Ryo being Ryo will sabotage the player's efforts.

Super interesting. How do you gain her affection?

@staplepuffs27 Its not really an affection meter or anything. During your long strings of dialogue with Shenhua, she will mention something along the lines of wanting to bring some flowers for her dad. As I recall correctly, alll you have to do is take the flower bed route.

@staplepuffs27 Its not really an affection meter or anything. During your long strings of dialogue with Shenhua, she will mention something along the lines of wanting to bring some flowers for her dad. As I recall correctly, alll you have to do is take the flower bed route.
Ahhh. Strange, I never really thought of anything romantic between them, though it's good to hear Ryo stays in character. To be fair, I haven't watched the scene because I'm gonna try it for myself for my next playthrough haha.

Did you know that when Goro asks you to meet him at Warehouse No. 1, if you don't he'll call and ask why you weren't there? Do it for a second day and you'll get a different phone call.

Did you know that when Goro asks you to meet him at Warehouse No. 1, if you don't he'll call and ask why you weren't there? Do it for a second day and you'll get a different phone call.
Another good one id forgotten about.

Did you know there are scrolls of Shun Di from Virtua Fighter in Wise Men's Kung Fu?

Did you know that if you wait a while in Great View Herbs before ringing the bell to talk to Yang, Ren will eventually get irritated (and tired of scolding you) and ring it himself?

Did you know that if you take all the crates when training for work, your work day will automatically end? This doesn't happen if you do the same on a regular work day.

I have to give credit to BlueMue for that one. :D

Did you know that while you are saying goodbye to everyone in Hong Kong before leaving for Kowloon (before you talk to Xiuying to learn Counter Elbow Assault), you will see fighter jets in formation flying over your head instead of the usual passenger plane? This is when passing through the Wise Men's Quarter on Altar Shop Street.

Did you know that Jiangyu, mother of the young girl that Ryo saves from Chai on the boat to Hong Kong, owns the First Class Tailor in the Lucky Charm Quarter, just off Three Blades Street?

If you pop in for a chat, they are both still very grateful for Ryo's help. Jiangyu tells Ryo he can come to see her at any time if he needs help.

Last edited:
Did you know there is a hidden AM2 capsule toy machine in the foyer of the Latest Electronics Emporium in the Lucky Charm Quarter? It is very dark, and easily missed.

Did you know, if you're struggling to get over 10,000,000 points in Space Harrier to get the Mini Harrier capsule toy in Shenmue, you can pick one up in a capsule toy box sold at the Vacant Lot in the Green Market Quarter in Shenmue 2?

Last edited:
Did you know that Xiaomei, the mother of the young girl that Ryo saves from Chai on the boat to Hong Kong, owns the First Class Tailor in the Lucky Charm Quarter, just off Three Blades Street?

If you pop in for a chat, they are both still very grateful for Ryo's help. Xiaomei tells Ryo he can come to see her at any time if he needs help.

Xiaomei is the name of the child; the mother is Jiangyu.

Did you know that if you lose the fight in Warehouse 18 on the first day of work, the Mad Angels will steal all your money? As this would otherwise leave you unable to go home, the fight won't trigger if you haven't taken many crates.

Xiaomei is the name of the child; the mother is Jiangyu.

Did you know that if you lose the fight in Warehouse 18 on the first day of work, the Mad Angels will steal all your money? As this would otherwise leave you unable to go home, the fight won't trigger if you haven't taken many crates.

Woops! God bless the edit button.

Last edited:
Back