Recent content by Seraph87

1. Seraph87

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

The phone will be available in the city.
  2. Seraph87

Thank you so much for this, I never knew that there was so much unused music available. Now I have something to listen to at work tomorrow. :)
  3. Seraph87

Nozomi aweful voice acting.

They did that in the first game in the japanese version as well, they only used their first names in the english dub. The translators didn‘t seem to have known about that or they wanted it to be closer to the original.
  4. Seraph87

Epic glitch

This really sounds like an annoying and major bug (I won the fight the first time so I don‘t know if it would have happened, too) but did you load one of your savegames from before the fight? There should be at least one automatic save available and you wouldn‘t have to do everything again.
  5. Seraph87

Your Opinion About Music Integration

In addition to the things you already mentioned I find it really weird that one of the best new tracks, the wood chopping theme, can hardly be heard for more than one or two seconds once you have learned the timing for perfect chops. It is a nice gag and all with the music change but it is...
  6. Seraph87

Is there a way to play Post-Game/New Game Plus?

This is done via a savegame which is created after the credits. If you keep it, you are always able to jump directly to Bailu or Niaowu with the money, items and stats you had at the end of the game. This is my concern as well in case the DLCs need to be triggered somewhere in the game and are...
  7. Seraph87

Stamina...

I still hope they make this feature optional later via a patch. I got used to the dated technology and all the other shortcomings the game has but I hated the draining stamina until the end and it is annoying to regularly stuff Ryo with loads of garlic, buns or something else to get the gauge...
  8. Seraph87

Here's hoping...

My only hope is based on the now already available technical foundation with the engine and assets so the development wouldn‘t need nearly as much time and money as it did now, I don‘t think the game will generate much of a profit. It will be interesting to see if Koch Media/Deep Silver will...
  9. Seraph87

It goes up to 7.
  10. Seraph87

Thats‘s interesting, it would be great if they would implement an optional 30 FPS lock with a patch. But I think I will buy the PC version for my second playthrough, the details may not be that much improved there but it should be a better experience with a stable 60 FPS framerate.
  11. Seraph87

Impressions on the plot and the ending (only read if you finished the game)

I was more confused than annoyed, especially when I saw that one of them wore glasses and that the whole design, in addition to the ethnicities, was really different to all the other characters. I didn’t remember that the kickstarter included backers being imported into the game so you...
  12. Seraph87

The music changes depending on the part of the village/city you are in, the transitions are a bit rough but they are not random. Sometimes the music won‘t start for a while, I experienced that in Niaowu but it only occured once or twice.
  13. Seraph87

Phone Card Conversations | Discussion Thread

I was a bit irritated by Nozomi‘s voice as well (and that Ryo now called her Harasaki like in the original) but I actually liked the really awkward conversation and found it quite realistic. They already had an awkward goodbye in the first game and they haven‘t heard from each other since so it...
  14. Seraph87

My Shenmue 3 impressions (5 hours in)

Absolutely agree there, the QTEs are pure trial and error most of the time, this will be a big concern for a lot of people who don‘t like this gameplay element in general. As there are a lot of hilarious reactions following a failed QTE, I think to some degree this was done on purpose but it can...
  15. Seraph87

Not possible, unfortunately. You have to disable the Zoom option in the settings, it‘s gone then.
Back