Recent content by Xanatus

1. X

A technical glimpse of the cut infiltration mission feature

Exactly. As LemonHaze pointed out, this has nothing to do with Shenmue. It's the Unreal Engine default AI Perception: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Engine/ArtificialIntelligence/AIPerception/index.html
  2. X

Sales of Shenmue III: Where are we now?

Just wanna add that the "trophies not tracked before one unlocked" issue didn't affect everyone. I started playing on actual release day and after day one patch (1.01) and my trophies showed up properly after the first game start. To my understanding, only people who started playing before the...
  3. X

Collecting herbs. Has anyone got a trophy yet?

The maps we provided show only the herbs that are there from the beginning for everyone. There are several more herbs that spawn additionally at some point, possibly at random. Until now we believed these random herbs don't count towards the trophy. You're the first one to confirm that they do.
  4. X

I think the ones you need for trophy are all there. Maybe you missed the orange on the hidden path/hill before hermits nest? (You need access to hermits nest to get it) Talking about these specificly:
  5. X

There are some herbs in the "Shenmue Tree 2" area. This area is blocked off during the story sometimes. Other than that, you should be able to go everywhere. At least during the time when you get the "point of no return" warning, you can visit all places.
  6. X

How far is the 3rd entry from I&II?

Shenmue 1 & 2 ran at 60hz (60fps) on the Dreamcast (when it wasn't lagging ;)) No clue how they fucked up the remakes, but I assume due to emulation overhead. [EDIT] Nvm. Did some research and figured I was misinformed on that part. Seems like Shenmue was always hardcoded to run at 30 FPS.
  7. X

Did Shenmue 3 have a bad ending ?

If you wanted to, but what's the point? :p Warning happens on June 30. Game over ending happens on July 31.
  8. X

Did Shenmue 3 have a bad ending ?

it has
  9. X

Here's the new Datamined Item Maps for Bailu & Niaowu.
  10. X

Choubu-Chan Thread

I can confirm from data mining that there's exactly 130 placed in the world. (129 in Niaowu and the last one in the Castle Area) Unfortunately, I don't have a 1:1 true scale map of Niaowu, so I can't generate an exact map. But here is a somewhat map:
  11. X

Yu Suzuki is GamesIndustry’s Person of the Year

He's not, and not even close. There's plenty of older Game Designers still active. Sid Meier as one example (4 years older).
  12. X

This Castle Artbook Screenshot

Speculation? I like speculation :)
  13. X

Places You Can Find Li Feng

You can talk to Li Feng multiple times in New Paradise. She has 3 or 4 slightly different random dialogs worth hearing.
  14. X

Finally, I found my last missing Herb in Niaowu, too. It had been mentioned here several times that there was a hidden herb near the shrine, but I thought a different one was meant and so I completely missed it multiple times. This last herb took me many many hours to find. I hope I can save...
  15. X

I doubt it has anything to do with selling them. Never sold any but they respawned on mass on NG+ in Bailu anyway. In Niaowu there've been far less respawning herbs (in any). If you look on page 10 on the datamined map I posted, I believe NG+ respawning herbs are the ones marked as "harvest" in...
Back