110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was hard *not* to get somewhat excited the way 110 were liking literally every Shenmue post on Twitter recently :LOL:
BUT... we still need to keep our expectations in check. Yes it's true, if the announcement does turn out to be non-Shenmue related then their behaviour toward us over the past few weeks has been a tad unjust.
However, If they are working with Yu on something else, it's still a good thing IMO. Let him flex his genius.

About before it looks like that there is something, after it looks like not, now yes again, etc.
I'll try recent events aprx:
- First, no announce today. Some of us get gloomy and coping. However today wasnt the "real schedule"
- Then, 110i tweet saying that "no announces today" and again some of us get hopes (out of vapor yes)
I think thats all
its just the natural brainhive progression for the next couple of days

Still don't understand why an unaffiliated company would announce they're releasing Yu Suzuki footage for no apparent reason, on a day we all expected Yu Suzuki/Shenmue news, and how you could believe they're not in some way involved with YS... I'd assume he'd be pretty upset they're using him for publicity and that they don't want to burn bridges with a major Japanese game developer, considering their whole model appears to be hiring major Japanese developers to make games.

They're pretty much tying their apple/banana 'announcement' to whatever they said today.

I get being skeptical, but this is all going too far now.

Why would they pre-announce a pointless announcement like that? What benefit is there to them? Maybe we just forced their hand this past month and they've rushed to make something happen with YS when they saw how much hype this little rumor generated. Maybe that's all it is. That's about as far as I'll go with my skepticism at this point.

C'mon...

Still don't understand why an unaffiliated company would announce they're releasing Yu Suzuki footage for no apparent reason, on a day we all expected Yu Suzuki/Shenmue news, and how you could believe they're not in some way involved with YS... I'd assume he'd be pretty upset they're using him for publicity and that they don't want to burn bridges with a major Japanese game developer, considering their whole model appears to be hiring major Japanese developers to make games.

They're pretty much tying their apple/banana 'announcement' to whatever they said today.

I get being skeptical, but this is all going too far now.
Exactly, its not standard or usual. On the other side, why would Yu remain silent about this? Media took the rumour and not denial?

While I agree with your sentiment, is it also possible Suzuki isn't that bothered with online rumours and conjecture? He seems pretty isolated about such things to be honest unless his staff/reporters or his Daughter are telling him these things.

Again I am not going to pretend to know the guy, but in an interview I saw, leading up to the KS announcement he said for years there were rumours of Shenmue 3 that persisted but didn't know the source of such rumours. He kind of seemed aloof and unfazed by the rumours. I honestly think he sort of goes along to his own drum, especially at this point.

I have some bad words to say.
110 industries liked this reply before, but later they cancel their like, which is funny
IMG_20220430_010533.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back