110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

You can also interpret what Suzuki said as "weellll it sure would be weird for them to tweet about Shenmue without a reason to" but because the Gamerant interview doesn't elaborate in what tone Suzuki said this. We might get that when the full thing releases but I dunno.
I still dont really understand some of the individual scenarios.
Like if we take this whole detective work part with the 110 Industries CEO being in Japan
and how they are probably already working together with Suzuki (i mean they clearly know him, why else
would they make this TGS interview clip and then even publish the longer version later?)
+ all of this Shenmue Twitter 'teasing' and please wait a couple of weeks stuff

but then suddenly Suzuki announces a completely different game that has nothing to do with 110 Industries
and also 110 Industries completely stops engaging with the community.
Then suddenly weeks later they are starting the fire again with some random Shenmue comment,
followed by another Suzuki interview (that again has nothing to do with 110 Industries)
where he basically says he has no idea what this eventually tweet means,
even commenting that Ys Net is not involved in any Shenmue project with 110 Industries.

But Suzuki knows that he made this video interview for 110 Industries ...
so is this whole thing a big Ys Net + 110 Industries secret and they are trolling us
or did Suzuki just agree to do that video interview because why the hell not
but there is no actual game project? Does he even know that the video interview was for 110 Industries?
Or are they in such early project stages,
that the 110 Industries CEO sometimes gets a little bit ahead of himself
which results in comments about things way too early?
How can they work together on something, yet it seems like they are kind of stopping each other on social media?
Its like they are almost about to announce a actual project, then suddenly nothing,
then teasing again, only to get a new comment that nothing is going on right now.
What kind of publisher, developer communication is that?

Like there are so many layers between what 110 Industries, Ys Net and people from outside of that said
and the different connections seem super random.
And still, we hear about actual project leaks all the time on the internet.
The internet was full of leaks around the usual E3 time frame with lots of the leaks being true.
Tons of leaked stuff for the Summer Games Fest, Sony State of Play, Nintendo Direct and other shows were real.

Yet there are absolutely zero insider leaks about any Shenmue related game project.
None of the Shenmue 4 rumors came from any leaks. We only have random tweets.
So i dont know what to think about that. Its all over the place.

I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if these guys met YS a year ago, cut that video for some quick cred at TGS, and then nothing developed. Suddenly, YS is talking about Air Twister and some website tells him this company he met with, possibly pitched something to, have actually announced they’re releasing Shenmue 4. He’d probably be in a bit of shock, wouldn’t quite know what to say.
Then again why would he say "no comment" later if there was actually nothing to it.

These journalists are clowns. Look at them twisting the truth and straight up lying. Morals and ethics be damned. They'll do anything for clicks. Idiots
Hey everybody! It's Marcin (from Mega Visions) - this wasn't a nefarious strategy for clicks, but it was inaccurately interpreted and we asked our writer to re-write the piece as the perspective of the tweet and all that was misrepresented. Once we trust certain writers, we let them post independently and look it over after it was published. Unfortunately I just woke up and read their article this morning. I appreciate the concern and we're taking care of it

Hey everybody! It's Marcin (from Mega Visions) - this wasn't a nefarious strategy for clicks, but it was inaccurately interpreted and we asked our writer to re-write the piece as the perspective of the tweet and all that was misrepresented. Once we trust certain writers, we let them post independently and look it over after it was published. Unfortunately I just woke up and read their article this morning. I appreciate the concern and we're taking care of it
Appreciated! Thank you for sorting this out.

Thanks for the quick response and for correcting the error Marcin. It's much appreciated. There are a lot of people on the dojo that are fans of mega visions, so we were very disappointed when we saw that article. Please do have a word with the author, Erin to avoid any issues like this happening in the future. All we ask is for factual information to be reported.

Thanks again for acting so quickly. Have a great day

Yeah, so that can be interpreted in two different ways. A subtle "yeah, they're making Shenmue 4" admission, or simply "they're not making Shenmue 4, so I have no idea why they are posting about it"
Exactly. If we psychoanalyze the full interview we might be able to figure out which it is. (Depending on how he said it)

I don't think he said that, did he?

In an interview with Game Rant, the influential Japanese developer first tried to downplay the idea of a collaboration between the two companies, dismissing the talk as little more than rumors. However, upon being asked about 110's "Eventually" tweet, which went out just a few hours before the interview began, he seemed genuinely surprised, revealing that he hadn't spoken to 110 about the tweet. When pressed further, he agreed that it wasn't normal for a publisher to make comments about games that they weren't involved with.

So he agreed with the Game Rant interviewer that its weird for 110 Industries to tweet comments about Shenmue 4
when 110 Industries as a publisher is not involved in making Shenmue 4.
The whole question about it only started because of the 'eventually' tweet.
I mean yeah, it could mean like winky face yeah its weird that they would say that winky face
but it could also mean i have no idea what 110 Industries is talking about.

But i still think that the connections between all of these layers from the last two, three months
are super random. If you look closely where the different comments lead to or where they came from,
you end up with nothing. There are ZERO insider infos about any Shenmue game project anywhere.
All the clues we have, are from texts on Twitter and the press re tweeting that. For now at least.

In an interview with Game Rant, the influential Japanese developer first tried to downplay the idea of a collaboration between the two companies, dismissing the talk as little more than rumors. However, upon being asked about 110's "Eventually" tweet, which went out just a few hours before the interview began, he seemed genuinely surprised, revealing that he hadn't spoken to 110 about the tweet. When pressed further, he agreed that it wasn't normal for a publisher to make comments about games that they weren't involved with.

So he agreed with the Game Rant interviewer that its weird for 110 Industries to tweet comments about Shenmue 4
when 110 Industries as a publisher is not involved in making Shenmue 4.
The whole question about it only started because of the 'eventually' tweet.
I mean yeah, it could mean like winky face yeah its weird that they would say that winky face
but it could also mean i have no idea what 110 Industries is talking about.

But i still think that the connections between all of these layers from the last two, three months
are super random. If you look closely where the different comments lead to or where they came from,
you end up with nothing. There are ZERO insider infos about any Shenmue game project anywhere.
All the clues we have, are from texts on Twitter and the press re tweeting that. For now at least.
Either way you slice it 110 is either working on something with Suzuki-san or they're clout chasing to promote Wanted Dead. I don't want to sound mean but if they actually are baiting us then they will get backlash. You can't just grift off a niche classic to promote your game and expect your audience not to revolt. Look at what happened to Blue Box.

Heh, looks like that tweet wasn't the only thing that got deleted 😄

But in all seriousness, thanks for the clarification!

So does GameRant (the folks who wrote the article) have an actual interview with Yu Suzuki that they won't publish until a couple of weeks from now?

or just a clickbait.
BTW, that news disappeared from the site...
Marcin, who runs the site, came on here and said it was an error and removed the article. Marcin is also a big Shenmue fan so I'm happy to leave it as it is now.

Back