An annoucement about shenmue is coming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, it’s Tuesday. If we do not get an announcement in three days my inner Sharen mode shall be engaged.

Probably best to not expect anything until the lata half of september. If anything does get announced before then, it will be a bonus

Shenmue announcements have been so weird over the past few years that I don't know what to expect. I mean, while every major game announcement tends to get made at Gamescom, E3 or TGS, most of the big Shenmue 3 updates came from wee nerdy trade shows in France for weebs. Half expecting Nicola Sturgeon's statement at half five today (PLEASE DON'T LOCK DOWN GLASGOW) to be an announcement of Shenmue IV commencing development.

So this is almost next to nothing, but the Ys Net page has been updated. There were 8 job listings on there up til today. Now it's gone down to 7...

New:

YsNet Co., Ltd. is currently recruiting staff.

●Recruiting occupation

① Planning
② Level designer
③ Programmer
④ 3DCG designer (character, background, motion, effect, UI)
⑤ Product manager
⑥ Cutscene artist
⑦ Director

● Required skills

② ③: Experienced UE3・4.
④: Experienced with 3D tools such as Maya/MAX/XSI.
⑤: Those who have experience in outsourcing management/overseas outsourcing management are welcome.
⑥: Experienced in making cut scenes on consoles, game machines, video works, etc. using Maya, UE4, etc.
⑦: Experienced director of games, movies, animation, and other production scenes.
※We are not recruiting inexperienced people

● Work location

Tokyo

●Working conditions

Employment form: Negotiable
Salary: It will be decided according to our regulations in consideration of experience and ability.
Working hours: 10:00 to 19:00
Holidays: 2 days a week (Saturday and Sunday), public holidays, summer vacation, year-end and New Year holidays, etc.

● Application qualification

High school graduate or older, 18 years old or older.
Healthy, cheerful and responsible.
Foreign nationals are required to have business communication such as reading and writing Japanese.

●How to apply

Please prepare your resume and work resume (any format) and send an email to [email protected].
If you wish to apply for ④, ⑥ or ⑦, please submit a work if you have one.
*If a large number of applications are received, it may take some time for selection.
Please note that works will not be returned.
The confidentiality of the application will be kept strictly.

Previous Version (May 2020 update: https://web.archive.org/web/20200523015502/http://www.ysnet-inc.jp/)

YsNet Co., Ltd. is currently recruiting staff.

●Recruiting occupation

① Planning
② Level designer
③ Programmer
④ 3DCG designer (character, background, motion, effect, UI)
⑤ Product manager
⑥ Cutscene artist
⑦ Director
⑧ General affairs and general affairs

● Required skills

② ③: Experienced UE3・4.
④: Experienced with 3D tools such as Maya/MAX/XSI.
⑤: Those who have experience in outsourcing management/overseas outsourcing management are welcome.
⑥: Experienced in making cut scenes on consoles, game machines, video works, etc. using Maya, UE4, etc.
⑦: Experienced director of games, movies, animation, and other production scenes.
⑧: Persons with experience in clerical work and general affairs are welcome. PC skills such as Word and Excel are required.
※We are not recruiting inexperienced people

● Work location

Tokyo

●Working conditions

Employment form: Negotiable
Salary: It will be decided according to our regulations in consideration of experience and ability.
Working hours: 10:00 to 19:00 (8: 9:30 to 18:30)
Holidays: 2 days a week (Saturday and Sunday), public holidays, summer vacation, year-end and New Year holidays, etc.

● Application qualification

High school graduate or older, 18 years old or older.
Healthy, cheerful and responsible.
Foreign nationals are required to have business communication such as reading and writing Japanese.

●How to apply

Please prepare your resume and work resume (any format) and send an email to [email protected].
If you wish to apply for ④, ⑥ or ⑦, please submit a work if you have one.
*If a large number of applications are received, it may take some time for selection.
Please note that works will not be returned.
The confidentiality of the application will be kept strictly.

Last edited:
I know I'm practically grasping at straws, but perhaps there are other changes someone more familiar with Japanese might notice?

It appears their office address was removed as well.

New:
Company name: YS NET Co., Ltd.
Representative: Yutaka Suzuki, Representative Director
Date of company establishment: November 11, 2008
Head office/development: Tokyo
Business Activities: Software planning, production, development

Old:
Company name: YS NET Co., Ltd.
Representative: Yutaka Suzuki, Representative Director
Date of company establishment: November 11, 2008
Head Office: Ebisu Collage 301, 4-7-15 Ebisu, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0013
Development Office: Tokyo
Business Activities: Software planning, production, development

... and I have too much time on my hands.

Re-reading this news back from January puts a smile on my face with current context (just thinking of Koch's tweet at the bottom...was there anything else they did beyond this?)

What makes me excited about this whole thread is that despite the overreactions of Shenmue III and the lukewarm to negative criticism it's gotten (some of it deserved) is that the desire to play Shenmue IV really hasn't gone anywhere within the community.

In fact, a lot of those people who bashed III will be back to play IV because they know they would be cheating themselves to not know how this story plays out. (Looking at SuperEyepatch Wolf)

Hang on, what's going on guys? I just got back

Suzuki has moved to Koch's offices? Is that confirmed or just speculation. I can't see any address on my browser for some reason

So, you expect the announcement at the SEGA tokyo gameshow livestream of the 25th?

Possibly. Honestly, it could come way before that but i like to create some distance from it mentally so i dont drain myself emotionally.

No. They dropped their address from the site entirely. I guess that's not necessarily a good sign, but we'll see... They could be moving at least? Certainly seems like a coincidence, but Tokyo is a big town...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back