An annoucement about shenmue is coming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He just replied again on RE:-

Someone asked:-
Can you say whether it's a glorified cancellation, for example the rest of the story as a book?
He replied:-
No, this announcement shouldn't bury the possibility for a Shenmue 4 at all.

Crazy excited about the "funded by a pretty notable company (with a decent budget I hear)" too. About time someone showed Shenmue love :p

Money says this is a retelling/recap of the Shenmue 1-3 story. Even if they bridge into Shenmue 4 territory? What's to say we don't (whatever the hell this is and if it is true) all end up at the same point and then they continue the story in game form?

It could spike interest in the series and sales = more chance of more games.

Fuck it I'm excited. If this isn't true and all a work.... I can imagine the community reaction lol

What other pretty notable company besides Sega could use the Shenmue IP to create something new !?

What other pretty notable company besides Sega could use the Shenmue IP to create something new !?
I was thinking about this too. If it was an anime or manga, I wonder if Shibuya Productions is involved in someway. I know that Cedric said on Twitter that he has no idea about all this, but at the same time, that's Shibuya Productions main gig right? Creating new anime/manga/TV series with older IPs, specifically Japanese ones?

Failing that, I know that Epic's Unreal Engine 4 has been used to make many TV shows (not sure if any anime as of yet though). Could also be that, due to the original deal with Epic and the team who made Shenmue III are used to the engine etc now. I have no idea really lol just chatting shit at this point :D! Someone calm me down!

Last edited:
Money says this is a retelling/recap of the Shenmue 1-3 story. Even if they bridge into Shenmue 4 territory? What's to say we don't (whatever the hell this is and if it is true) all end up at the same point and then they continue the story in game form?

It could spike interest in the series and sales = more chance of more games.

Fuck it I'm excited. If this isn't true and all a work.... I can imagine the community reaction lol
If they made an abridged 'dumbed-down' version of the first three games to get casuals into the series, I'd be psyched. But that seems as unlikely as anything else. The good news is someone wants to keep throwing money at this series!

If it is Netflix it could make the series bomb like crazy o_O
Maybe it's me that's starting to go crazy o_O

I'd love to see a Shenmue Netflix series with a similar vibe to the movie Big Trouble in Little China.

Which companies has Sega out-sourced to recently? I am doing the rounds on Twitter to see if anyone's following anything related to Shenmue. It seems like folks always discover secrets like these based on the most mundane things, whether it's a new account with Shenmue in the name or w/e.

I NEED A LIFE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back