Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone trying to find some humor in all of this, especially the exaggerated panic, serious as this is:

Besides Ohio having little purchasable toilet paper (that used to be one of our selling points), we've descended even further into madness.
I was hoping to get a pint with the boys this evening vs. doing some work (I now get to work at home), but the governor, seeing that we have 26 cases, elected to shut down all dining in at restaurants and bars. I will now sit in my backyard and eat grass.

So 1,800 deaths in Italy. I wonder if they are counting this correctly, similar to how China changed their definition to "anyone with cold-like symptoms" some time ago.

Well, the Australian government just imposed a 14 day self isolation for those entering the border from ALL countries now.

Sydney University (where I study Japanese every weekend) has reported a case of an infected student (oh happy, happy, joy, joy; thankfully it's none of the buildings we attend weekly but still...)

Weird times.

in the uk, your more likely to get stabbed to death than die from this virus.

The fact these stats are quoted as some kind of reassurance is almost amusing. Don't forget everyone - you could always get stabbed to death!

The virus is a pandemic spreading at an alarming rate - sure, you could get stabbed to death but death by stabbing is not a pandemic gripping the world.

I fear for my grandmother's, both are over 80.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared about losing loved ones over this.

I am diabetic, too, but I know I have a better chance of fighting the virus if I look after my blood sugar levels and keep my diet up to scratch.

The fact these stats are quoted as some kind of reassurance is almost amusing. Don't forget everyone - you could always get stabbed to death!

The virus is a pandemic spreading at an alarming rate - sure, you could get stabbed to death but death by stabbing is not a pandemic gripping the world.

It's a misunderstanding and gross oversimplification of how these stats work. In Health statistics there's a thing called risk factor.

Most knife crime is centralised and concentrated in certain areas. Also I believe few victims are random (i.e. They are known to the perpetrator). It is not a high risk to much of the population. Coronavirus, however, is a pandemic spreading at an alarming rate.

A shout out to everyone in the Shenmue Community!

Keep safe you all and don't forget besides every doable thing for the physical health of you and your loved ones don't forget your mental health. Find ways to wind out a bit by doing what you love and what makes you calm and happy, so that we can take care of each other as a community. For example, I am meditating on various themes to get my stress level down, but everyone has a different approach. So do what brings benefit for your mental health!
We can do this. 🌷

With love,
Sailor-San

A shout out to everyone in the Shenmue Community!

Keep safe you all and don't forget besides every doable thing for the physical health of you and your loved ones don't forget your mental health. Find ways to wind out a bit by doing what you love and what makes you calm and happy, so that we can take care of each other as a community. For example, I am meditating on various themes to get my stress level down, but everyone has a different approach. So do what brings benefit for your mental health!
We can do this. 🌷

With love,
Sailor-San

Well said. Very well said. Right now, the potential for suicide rates to increase and mental health issues to deteriorate for large parts of the population is a big concern for me.

We all need to pull together and look after each other as best we can. It's not just about the virus itself.

Well said. Very well said. Right now, the potential for suicide rates to increase and mental health issues to deteriorate for large parts of the population is a big concern for me.

We all need to pull together and look after each other as best we can. It's not just about the virus itself.
Do not forget divorces. As far as I know the divorce tend to increase after summer and Christmas holiday period.

It's a very hard time. But i understand the situation.

Just went to Tesco. There was pretty much nothing. Nearly every aisle was completely empty.
Same in Sainsburys by me. People panic buying are plain ridiculous. All it does is mess up the supply chain. They'll be bringing back rationing soon if this continues!

So i'm working from home as of tomorrow.

Meanwhile, my younger brother and father just had a massive argument and it almost got physical. Bear in mind we haven't even self isolated yet...fucking hell. It's times like this I wish I could move out. I'm still shaking a little to be honest.

Same in Sainsburys by me. People panic buying are plain ridiculous. All it does is mess up the supply chain. They'll be bringing back rationing soon if this continues!
They can not buy in bulk forever, right? They should already have food and toilet paper for a month or more. So next restock should last longer since the panicked people already have its food, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back