Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
While not immediately relevant, I figure the time to support this kind of thing is now rather than after when this is all but forgotten. There is a platform to keep non-essential companies in check and held accountable as well as to discuss the treatment of those who are considered important during this whole thing. They’ve got a website here:

But you can also follow them on Facebook and Twitter.

So for some reason I woke up at 3am this morning and could not go back to sleep. Decided I would go to Tesco for 6am, when they open, and get some stuff that was outstanding on the shopping list. People were queuing outside, but probably no more than 20 and as soon as the doors opened, the queue was gone. Was a peaceful shop, some shelves were empty but there was bread, veg, pasta! and even toilet roll.

Turns out our dear Prince Philip has the virus. Not him per se, but something is telling me a lot of these celebrities saying they have the virus may not have it and are saying they do for attention or part of a marketing plan to make more people aware.

Reactions: red
I can't take this anymore. I am growing more and more terrified with each day that either my wife, my son or I will get it. Or our family or people we know. We're staying inside and only going out to go to the supermarket, but it will continue to spread in the supermarkets.

It doesn't help my wife says to me this evening "I think I'm getting a cough, but I'm sure it's nothing."

There's just so many horror stories about people of all ages and with no underlying health issues.

Working retail, the general population still does not seriously heed these warnings or guidelines of keeping distance or being conscious of what they touch. Never mind the whole taking more than what they actually need. And I’m expected to keep coming in for little more than minimum wage, picking up close to 40 hours as the only maintenance person, or else waste any time off I’ve earned which doesn’t even amount to a couple days’ worth. People are right to stay home if they can and it’s utterly ridiculous anyone is suggesting that most are ready to go back to work next week.

While of course it is scary and the case of the girl above is indeed worrying, we don't have all the facts. What's to say she didn't have something un-diagnosed? Of course it is very sad and I feel for the family but the way the media portray this just sends people into mad panic when it's not needed.

The facts out there clearly show that if your elderly/have underlying health issues then the mortality rate is higher. If you don't then generally speaking you will be OK. But of course stay safe, follow the guidance and look after each other!

I work in a rural area and no one there takes this thing seriously at all. They only do what theyre forced to by the state. Customers are no better, an elderly woman literally asked me if she could stay inside even though we have notes saying you cant on every window, door, and table, as well as counter.

Also I saw people eating inside
a local pizza shoppe when all dining rooms are supposed to be closed.

And now im paranoid after every cough or ache I get. Ive had body aches and a cough for years but now with coronavirus i cant be too sure if its just the normal or if its something worse.

I work in a rural area and no one there takes this thing seriously at all. They only do what theyre forced to by the state. Customers are no better, an elderly woman literally asked me if she could stay inside even though we have notes saying you cant on every window, door, and table, as well as counter.

Also I saw people eating inside
a local pizza shoppe when all dining rooms are supposed to be closed.

And now im paranoid after every cough or ache I get. Ive had body aches and a cough for years but now with coronavirus i cant be too sure if its just the normal or if its something worse.

My parents live in a rural area and today they told me out whilst out for their daily bit of exercise a couple were walking in the opposite direction towards them, so my parents walked as far to the other side as they could and said "don't worry, we'll make sure to walk over this way" or something. Apparently the people responded with "don't worry, we don't believe in any of that coronavirus crap. It's a load of nonsense"...

My parents live in a rural area and today they told me out whilst out for their daily bit of exercise a couple were walking in the opposite direction towards them, so my parents walked as far to the other side as they could and said "don't worry, we'll make sure to walk over this way" or something. Apparently the people responded with "don't worry, we don't believe in any of that coronavirus crap. It's a load of nonsense"...

Yes, Ive seen a lot of things like this, as well as elderly people in large groups. Its fucking maddening. Im almost at the point of carrying a "stay 6ft away from me" sign or something with me everywhere I go but I know if I did that there would be assholes that intentionally got close just to show off.

And Unfortunately I cant stay away from people at work since its a cramepd space. I am trying to be the safest I can but it sucks when that partly also relies on other people, who refuse to take this pandemic seriously.

I work in a rural area and no one there takes this thing seriously at all.
My parents have the same attitude (they live in Cornwall) and it’s infuriating, especially as my father is in recovery from major surgery at the beginning of this month. While I think they are taking precautions, their ‘We’re safe down here in Cornwall attitude.’ does very little to ease my anxiety.

While of course it is scary and the case of the girl above is indeed worrying, we don't have all the facts. What's to say she didn't have something un-diagnosed? Of course it is very sad and I feel for the family but the way the media portray this just sends people into mad panic when it's not needed.

The facts out there clearly show that if your elderly/have underlying health issues then the mortality rate is higher. If you don't then generally speaking you will be OK. But of course stay safe, follow the guidance and look after each other!
I agree and don't think we have all the facts when it came to that 21 year old. Wouldn't be surprised if the story is quietly pulled as it turns out she did have underlying health conditions, her family were making it up for attention (harsh, but people are that sad now) or she got the virus then got hit by a bus so headline "21 year old with no underlying health conditions dies after contracting coronavirus" is technically true.

My son, who is now 3, previously had pneumonia and almost died as he went days undiagnosed and doctors telling us it was just a minor illness. Because of this and my neighbours, I have decided to stay at home now. I was doing that previously but venturing out for unnecessary food and going on walks. I was in the garden and my neighbour, who is in his 80s, had a ridiculously terrible cough. Hope he is OK.

It might be easy to disregard just this one case, but many more are popping up, and even if it is not immediately deadly to many, what is the point of needlessly exposing ourselves to this?

Never mind that many more people do have some underlying issues already that, while Coronavirus won’t “technically” be the cause of death, may likely be what causes complications that may in turn lead to death or at the very least unnecessarily gigantic medical bills. Do I deserve that as someone who has respiratory issues and has a family history of them? I’m only 28, and hearing about athletes who take the utmost care for themselves get sacked by this, what chance do people like me have?

People are stupid. And of course the US Congress includes money to bail out corporations. "Corporations are people, my friend". These are the same people who tell someone looking filing for unemployment to "pull themselves up by the bootstraps and be resilient".

It doesn't help my wife says to me this evening "I think I'm getting a cough, but I'm sure it's nothing."

There's just so many horror stories about people of all ages and with no underlying health issues.

just a basic chart which might put your mind at rest.

Attachments

• k.JPG
    k.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back