Digital bonuses bumping on fangamer...

There is no Steam version till next year.

This is the issue we all are having on PC.

Yes, the issue is with PC only. People on PS4 got them correctly.

This is incorrect. We are meant to get all the DLC for lower tiered items too. This has been confirmed as the PS4 players got all the lower tier DLC. It's a bug for PC.

This was not addressed in the Kickstater Updated today, probably because we only reported it as an issue yesterday, and they are still working on it.

The best thing we can do, is compile a list of people who have the issue, to prove that it's a real thing, and that it's PC only. I have screenshots (and a video) as I was recording when I put in the DLC code & the backer code. So I'll send that off to them today.
Thank you and yes Epic! I forget!
Yes making a list is good idea.

Edit:- Just sent off everything. Hopefully we will hear back soon.

Here is basically a template (& example) of what I sent to Joel:-
Hopefully we'll get an update on this soon and a patch or fix to sort this out, your message is basically what I sent to them yesterday but 100% better worded and explained then what I put.

One thing I wonder is whether people with problems signed up for the Slacker Backer? For example the World Telecom was advertised as a Kickstarter Exclusive. When the Slacker Backer started a survey went out asking people if they wanted to allow Slacker Backers the chance to get Kickstarter Exclusive rewards. Sadly the majority of responders voted no.

So my Guestbook level didn’t include the World Telecom level and I’ve had to redeem my code from my World Telecom level to get it. (I am a PS4 Backer)

There is no Steam version till next year.

This is the issue we all are having on PC.

Yes, the issue is with PC only. People on PS4 got them correctly.

This is incorrect. We are meant to get all the DLC for lower tiered items too. This has been confirmed as the PS4 players got all the lower tier DLC. It's a bug for PC.

This was not addressed in the Kickstater Updated today, probably because we only reported it as an issue yesterday, and they are still working on it.

The best thing we can do, is compile a list of people who have the issue, to prove that it's a real thing, and that it's PC only. I have screenshots (and a video) as I was recording when I put in the DLC code & the backer code. So I'll send that off to them today.

Edit:- Just sent off everything. Hopefully we will hear back soon.

Here is basically a template (& example) of what I sent to Joel:-

You missed out the $160: Backer-only Advanced Technique Scroll (In-game Item)

I got the Toys, but don't know that the Scroll was meant to be, so not sure if I got that. I do not think I have the International Telephone Code.

One thing I wonder is whether people with problems signed up for the Slacker Backer? For example the World Telecom was advertised as a Kickstarter Exclusive. When the Slacker Backer started a survey went out asking people if they wanted to allow Slacker Backers the chance to get Kickstarter Exclusive rewards. Sadly the majority of responders voted no.

So my Guestbook level didn’t include the World Telecom level and I’ve had to redeem my code from my World Telecom level to get it. (I am a PS4 Backer)

I upgraded from $100 in Kickstarter to $175 in Slacker Backer and the reward I got is the $160 Capsules.

I think PC Backing is the only one Borked.

I'm a KS Backer for PC and have the same problem with only getting the highest tier rewards. The easiest solution would be for Fangamer to give us codes for the DLC packs of the lower tiers, but they are not yet reacting to any mails.

I just sent YS.net the following message on Kickstarter:

The in game rewards are *broken* for PC players. I backed the $600 tier, redeemed my codes and only received four capsule toys in game. I did not get the exclusive Kickstarter jacket, the telephone card or the move scrolls that were promised with my tier.

This is a widespread issue. I currently do not know anyone that has the PC that received the in-game rewards their tier promised. Please address this issue. The PC rewards are broken.

Thank you.

I also posted a version of it in the comments.

It was very frustrating to read that update and see that they did not recognize the issue for PC Kickstarter backers at all.

I just sent YS.net the following message on Kickstarter:

I also posted a version of it in the comments.

It was very frustrating to read that update and see that they did not recognize the issue for PC Kickstarter backers at all.

I am missing those as well.
Kickstarter jacket, the telephone card or the move scrolls

I got the code for the game and I got DLC iD03. I'm a Kickstarter backer at the $160 tier. Havent got the phone card or any of lower tier stuff yet. I think they maybe have messed up the DLCID's on epic and what they are supposed to unlock. Is anyone having any luck with YSnet support yet.. I dont think fangamer can fix it without giving us the dlc's with the id's for the tiers below us. So in my case i assume i should get DLCID01,02 & 03. where someone on a higher tier would get 1,2,3,4,5. Really annoying after all this time waiting. Loving the game though regardless.

I got the code for the game and I got DLC iD03. I'm a Kickstarter backer at the $160 tier. Havent got the phone card or any of lower tier stuff yet. I think they maybe have messed up the DLCID's on epic and what they are supposed to unlock. Is anyone having any luck with YSnet support yet.. I dont think fangamer can fix it without giving us the dlc's with the id's for the tiers below us. So in my case i assume i should get DLCID01,02 & 03. where someone on a higher tier would get 1,2,3,4,5. Really annoying after all this time waiting. Loving the game though regardless.
Pretty much yep. That seems to be the problem. DLC05, should unlock 4,3,2,1 as well, but currently doesn't. We have all emailed fangamer/kickstarter, and are just waiting for a response. Hopefully we will hear back from them in the morning.

Fangamer replied:

"Unfortunately we do not provide technical support for Shenmue 3. Please contact YS Net for further assistance with in-game issues. You can send Ys Net a message on Kickstarter or you can email them at [email protected]. Please let us know if you have any other questions!"

I have already contacted Ys Net, still waiting for a response.

Fangamer replied:

"Unfortunately we do not provide technical support for Shenmue 3. Please contact YS Net for further assistance with in-game issues. You can send Ys Net a message on Kickstarter or you can email them at [email protected]. Please let us know if you have any other questions!"

Same story here. Got a very similar e-mail. Sent off a new e-mail to the address Fangamer provided.
I took screenshots through the activation process and attached those as well. Hopefully it helps.

Fangamer replied:

Sent them an email to with all the information I can provide as well

I also sent this to [email protected]:
I have not since the launch of Shenmue III been able to get my backer DLC into the game. For me, at a $300 pledge level on Kickstarter, that would mean, among other things, two move scrolls and a phone card. Below I will outline in as much detail as possible what I have found out attempting to solve this issue:
  • I have without problem been able to redeem codes delivered through Fangamer for 1. trial version, 2. full game, 3. DLC ID04. This is also confirmed by logging onto epicgames.com (as DLC can not be found anywhere within the Epic Games Launcher):
    1574414401403.png
    Observe that I have manually censored the redemption codes themselves.
  • After install, the base game has worked with few notable issues apart from that when I try to fill in the five digit backer code I get an error message:
    1574414401448.png
    I have tried to fill in the backer code multiple times, both from the option menu and after loading my save, but it is always the same error.
  • The backer code is however accepted when I start the "Credits" from the main menu and the correct name is highlighted in the credit roll.
  • I also bought the season pass in the Epic Games Store to see if it was a general DLC problem, however that does not seem to be the case as I got a "Burning Sandstorm" scroll immediately when loading my save.
  • I have also tried to "Verify" and reinstall the game from the Epic Games Launcher, however this have had no effect on the problem described above. This is how it looks in the launcher:
    1574414401472.png
  • As far as I can tell I have followed your instructions in Kickstarter update #123 to the point.
  • When I fill in the code, I copy it from my Fangamer fulfillment page and paste it into the "Backer Code" field in the Options menu. So it should be impossible that I do a typo.
I think this covers it. Feel free to come back with questions. Hope you guys can fix this soon.

Ys Net replied:

"Thank you for contacting us. We will certainly look into it. We are experiencing other similar inquiries. Could you please send us the following information?

-Your backer password
-Version number (This can be found on the title screen. Ver.1.02 (02733) or something similar.)"

Will answer them as soon as I'm home. Anyone with similar issues can probably already send them the required information.

Back