Discovering New Things? Small Details You've Noticed This Time Around?

I've talked to Fuku-San about it before, but I'm about to talk to Liu-san in Suzume park, and went back to the Dojo in the evening, and Fuku-San said he'd remembered something. That the men in black had tattoos. Ryo mentions Lan-Di has the same tattoo.

I'll post another good one when I come across it.

I've noticed that I've apparently been very lucky over the last 20 years with weather, because lately I've been having a lot of issues triggering Nozomi events that I never had issues with before...

The Dreamcast crates are also in the Dreamcast version. Discovered them during one of my early plays, fascinated by simply walking into every door. There's plenty of them in the warehouses near the vending machine you bought coffee for Shozo (12-14?).

Speaking of, a few more things I learned in Kowloon:

-If you try to go to Yuan's or Zhu's before or after their roles in the plot, the door is simply locked. By contrast, if you try to enter Don Niu's room after Handcuff Time with the Buddies©, he instead says "No, I shouldn't."
-All of the Kowloon residents are in the same rooms on every floor (Thousand White has residents on X01 and X03, etc.)
-Though I knew Ryo gets some odd commentary after beating the Kowloon trio, I smirked at this.
Ryo is AM2's second sexiest man of the year (behind Chai, of course):

It's not necessary to visit the orphanage. You can also learn about Yuan via the knife shops, or through bird shops directly.

The game pushes you towards the orphanage route, though.
Gotcha, I always assumed you HAD to find the source of that bell ringing considering how much they focused on it. Good to know! The whole chasing Yuan thing is prolly my least favorite part of the game honestly so anything to skip some of it could help lmfao... I will try this soon on my latest playthrough...

Gotcha, I always assumed you HAD to find the source of that bell ringing considering how much they focused on it. Good to know! The whole chasing Yuan thing is prolly my least favorite part of the game honestly so anything to skip some of it could help lmfao... I will try this soon on my latest playthrough...
I was awaiting, with very little enthusiasm, that particular section during my first playthrough of Shenmue I & II, but it honestly wasn't anywhere near as bad as I remember it from my youth. Maybe I've learned to appreciate drastic changes in pace since then?

That doesn't skip any of following Yuan; you arrive at the roof of Three Birds Bldg. in all cases, and following her is required.

If you don't mind using glitches, you can skip lots of following Yuan without skipping anything else, and it doesn't matter how you find out about the bird shop (orphanage, knife shop, or direct):

When following Yuan and she leaves the Tea Break Bldg. heading for Thousand White Bldg., as soon as you get outside Yuan goes to the left; head right, through the Stand Qr., and straight into Moon Child Bldg. Congratulations, you've just skipped three big cutscenes and three "let's keep following her" cutscenes, as well as a ton of walking.

Not enough? Before Yuan catches the elevator down in Tea Break Bldg., use the map glitch to get to the elevator without triggering the cutscene. That's another one down.

Still not enough? Fine. Instead of going into Moon Child Bldg., go into Black Heaven Bldg. instead. Head up to the 5F, and then run down the first half of the steps. Line yourself up with the second half, and do the map glitch on the very top step of the staircase, exiting out when you're in Moon Child Bldg. Then just run around the corner and you've finished following Yuan. This brings the following Yuan section from 5 large cutcsenes, 8 small cutscenes, and 9 walking sections to 0 large, 3 small, and 2 walking sections.

Alternatively, do what I do and buy capsule toys and drinks while following her.

This might've already been mentioned somewhere, but in Shenmue 2 there's a lady doing Tai Chi in pigeon park (I think she appears after you make it to Wan Chai). I had never noticed her before and I love watching Jianmin's animations to see what moves he does, so I started watching her routine. After maybe 30 sec of watching, she suddenly starts TALKING to Ryo b/c she noticed he was watching and it sparks an entire conversation between the two of them. It both freaked me out and amazed me.

Eileen?!?!? Eileen has NEVER been a secret lol and she's actually not doing Tai Chi, but Piquhazhang (sp?) or something; she talks with her hands a ton.

Eileen is the key to two of 'mue II's best secrets; the fights in the Arcade and Fangmei's bday.

That doesn't skip any of following Yuan
No but it skips a very slow part of the investigation... that dialogue at the orphanage is a nightmare. Just a bunch of studdering idiots repeating eachother over and over again...

If you don't mind using glitches
I won't especially since I play on Dreamcast so often, but thanks for the help. Running straight into the Moon Child building does look like a healthy balance, although it would really ruin the immersion in an already-really-hard-to-stay-immersed-in section lmfao... I'll try it once to see how I feel about it...

Some of the music is amazing, didn't appreciate it as much at the time though. In my current play through I heard a track, think it was the first time you meet Gui Zhang outside your work. I tried to record it so I could find it in amongst some of the uploaded soundtracks on YouTube, but I couldn't record it in time. It was such a great track and fit so well. I just kept looking to my wife saying "You hearing this? ... You seeing this? .... this game is almost 20yrs old!!!".

Back