EDGE Magazine Cover Story: Shenmue 3

Is it any more spoilery than say, a Shenmue II preview that mentions that you'll go to Wan Chai then Kowloon then Guilin and you'll meet a guy called Ren and a martial arts master named Xiuying?

No its far more indepth, at least for the start of the game. Go here, look for this person, heres their description, do this, go here, then do this, find this person by this name.

It reads like a play by play.

If anybody was willing to take the hit and read it, a summary of the gameplay stuff might be appreciated that leaves out the story spoilers.

I want the story spoilers too. I know for la fact nothing Yu Suzuki wouldn't want people to know will be in it, so nothing like "Ryo pushes Lan Di off a mountain and that is how he dies." Just put each section of info under its own specific spoiler tag

I want the story spoilers too. I know for la fact nothing Yu Suzuki wouldn't want people to know will be in it, so nothing like "Ryo pushes Lan Di off a mountain and that is how he dies." Just put each section of info under its own specific spoiler tag

There may be a spoiler topic for it, i don't know yet. The time is beginning where we need to start drawing a line for people to cross at their own risk, in terms of if they want to be spoiled or not.

It seems to be hands on. There is only 1 new image, which is the one from Amazon that was posted yesterday.

But its the text itself that, to me, is major spoilery. From names of characters, what you have to do, where you have to go, fights, situations, controls, mechanics, inventory....

This is the start of it. I wish i hadn't read it to be honest.
Any interesting bit that isn't spoiler?

No its far more indepth, at least for the start of the game. Go here, look for this person, heres their description, do this, go here, then do this, find this person by this name.

It reads like a play by play.

omg :ROFLMAO:

It reminds me that journalist of French Official DC Magazine who was so excited about having beaten Shenmue 2 that he literally used 6 pages to spoil Disc 4 without any kind of embarrassment26.jpg27.jpg28.jpg

Once the magazine hits store shelves, we will post a spoiler topic for people to enter at their own risk. Until then, no spoilers from anyone who has gotten a subscriber issue please. I know it's exciting but there will be people who don't want details about the game ruined before they play it, so all discussion will be kept in that topic.

There may be a spoiler topic for it, i don't know yet. The time is beginning where we need to start drawing a line for people to cross at their own risk, in terms of if they want to be spoiled or not.

I mean no offense to anyone by this, as it's just my opinion but I think that if people do not have the will power to not click on a spoiler tag that very clearly specifies there will be spoilers, and which kind of spoiler, you cannot be blamed for it, and neither can the person who posts the spoiler, as long as they go out of their way to make sure that viewing the spoiler is a choice to the user and is not spoiling them without being prompt to do so, ie, posting random spoilers in random posts. That should imo be a bannable offense.

But what I mean by specific spoilers in their own section is something like this:

Game Mechanics:

spoilers

Battle System:

spoilers

Story:

Locations
Bailu:

Basha:

Chobu:
New 1:

New 2:

Etc:
New 1:

New 2:

Etc:

Characters
New 1:

New 2:

Etc:
Ryo:

Shenhua:

Ren:

Lan Di:
1:

2:

Etc:

Events:

New 1:

New 2:

Etc:

Activities:

Mini Games
Game 1:

Game 2:

Game 3:

etc...

Jobs
Job 1:

Job 2:

Job 3:

etc...

I,E, a very specifc spoiler tag for each section in a spoiler mega thread would allow people to only get spoiled on what they want to be spoiled on and if anyone were to post spoilers outside of it, they risk consequences.

Anyway, like I said, that's just my opinion on how it should work.

Ah fair enough. The crazy thing is i canceled my edge subscription a month ago lol.

Edit: sorry ppl. Only just reading through the thread now. Stuck at work and just saw the thread title.

There is none, and apparently it isn't allowed to be posted here at all until the 28th...

Its not so much that its not allowed to be posted. A spoiler free write up might be coming very soon. It's just a fine line to walk both with spoilers and also ripping off Edge. Thats all.

Is there any link where I can buy this subscription for online reading now ? Or is it only available on the 28th ?

Its not so much that its not allowed to be posted. A spoiler free write up might be coming very soon. It's just a fine line to walk both with spoilers and also ripping off Edge. Thats all.

I can understand that, and I agree that we shouldn't rip off Edge Magazine, but personally, I would consider posting summaries is fair use and not actually ripping off Edge since it's fair use as long as you reword it to your own words and it's not a direct copy paste of the text. Otherwise, we'd have to consider all the info in the All the Facts thread is ripping off all of its sources... Anyway I can't think of a single site that doesn't allow summaries from printed magazines. It's true, Era doesn't allow scans but I've never seen anyone get in trouble for posting info, ie, all the Persona 5 information from Famistsu when that game was being developed/released. BTW, I know I am being incredibly annoying and I'm sorry for it. It's just I'm really caught up in the hype right now and it's hard to contain myself. I'll try to calm down. xD.

Is there any link where I can buy this subscription for online reading now ? Or is it only available on the 28th ?

You can subscribe to an online version, but the issue still won't be available to read until the 28th when it is officially released.

i have a imgur link where you can see / read it. i wont post it here. send me a pm?

Back