EDGE Magazine Cover Story: Shenmue 3

I can understand that, and I agree that we shouldn't rip off Edge Magazine, but personally, I would consider posting summaries is fair use and not actually ripping off Edge since it's fair use as long as you reword it to your own words and it's not a direct copy paste of the text. Otherwise, we'd have to consider all the info in the All the Facts thread is ripping off all of its sources... Anyway I can't think of a single site that doesn't allow summaries from printed magazines. It's true, Era doesn't allow scans but I've never seen anyone get in trouble for posting info, ie, all the Persona 5 information from Famistsu when that game was being developed/released. BTW, I know I am being incredibly annoying and I'm sorry for it. It's just I'm really caught up in the hype right now and it's hard to contain myself. I'll try to calm down. xD.

You are right i'd say. Posting a summary, or snippets for discussion is fine. Thats there the line is. If we all go see a movie in the cinema today, we can discuss the bones out of it, but, common sense would tell people not to go record it and then post the full movie in the discussion topic. The article, or images/scans of it is just the same.

You are not being annoying at all. Its a valid point, and i agree with it. It's not east making the calls on this stuff, and i will get the flack for it.

You are right i'd say. Posting a summary, or snippets for discussion is fine. Thats there the line is. If we all go see a movie in the cinema today, we can discuss the bones out of it, but, common sense would tell people not to go record it and then post the full movie in the discussion topic. The article, or images/scans of it is just the same.

You are not being annoying at all. Its a valid point, and i agree with it. It's not east making the calls on this stuff, and i will get the flack for it.

I agree with this, you're right, and thank you. :) BTW, Scans have been leaked. No, I won't say where they are or how to get them. But they're out there. @Peter if you feel this post is out of line, please delete it. But I just thought I'd give a heads up before things start getting crazy.

Just found an imgur album containing photos of the entire piece.

@Peter, the "Shenmue III - ALL THE FACTS AND INFORMATION (THUS FAR)" thread makes it very clear some of the information might be in spoiler territory. Will I get sent to the gulag if I update the thread with information from the article?

Just found an imgur album containing photos of the entire piece.

@Peter, the "Shenmue III - ALL THE FACTS AND INFORMATION (THUS FAR)" thread makes it very clear some of the information might be in spoiler territory. Will I get sent to the gulag if I update the thread with information from the article?

Lol no, Captain Price.

I guess it's best just to use common sense really, you know? The topic update is fine, but don't update it until next week, when the magazine is on public sale. I know it will be hard to wait, but that's where we need to draw a line. I know subscribers have it, but its still not properly out in the wild you know?

Just found _________ containing photos of the entire piece.

Maybe delete the source info so scans won't get posted?

I've just read the article, and it spoils a lot about the games details, from mechanics, fighting, inventory, gameplay, storypoints, character names etc.

Read at your own risk if you want to go into this game blind. I mean that.
Looks like it's time for me to turn off my internet for 185 days.

Maybe delete the source info so scans won't get posted?
I sincerely doubt that would help. People looking for scans or photos of the article are going to find it one way or another.

I've been provided with the scans.

If it's cool with Peter I can post a spoiler-free gameplay summary later today when I get home around 7pm GMT? Some of the scan is hard to read unfortunately so some details may be omitted, and probably won't become clear until it's on general sale on the 28th.

I can't believe this is happening. A magazine with Shenmue 3 on the front and it's reality. The hype train is coming at full speed now. Magic Monaco in 2 weeks, Edge magazine talking about spoilers, other people aside from the developers have played the game, now that the game coming out in just over 6 months, it really is happening.

If I can get a copy I will buy the magazine but only to have a preview look at it. Like look at any new pictures etc. I don't want Shenmue 3 to be to be spoiled. We've waited over 15 years for this game, don't wanna regret it. It will just hurt too much. But I do want that magazine.

This is not a spoiler for the game, but an anomaly in the article itself. But, just in case...

They spelled Iwao's name wrong. The article refers to him as "Isao" :LOL:

Yeah, for anyone adverse to spoilers, I'd suggest not reading it. It has a lot of stuff. As for me, I eat it all up. :D

Agreed. A lot of new ideas that really enhance the core of the series and flesh out the RPG elements beyond what I expected originally.

Yeah, it is way more RPG than I thought it'd be. Even has analogues to some Persona systems, which is what I wanted a lot. It's like the fully realized Virtua Fighter RPG. The only negative I can think of is somehow, with some of these systems there will be more people comparing it to the Yakuza games...

Didn't see anything that can be considered a major spoiler.
Actually many of the things were already hinted by Yu Suzuki on prior interviews.
It does spoil some new names, if that's a spoiler to you, don't read it lol

There's nothing too spoilery... Fantastic read! My hype levels are going through the roof, it sounds like everything I wanted from Shenmue 3 and more!

Back