EDGE Magazine Cover Story: Shenmue 3

The mention about the controls is kind of concerning... Hmm.

I'm not really surprised. I never complained about it and I was thinking how YSnet could improve controls which are already fitted to confined spaces of Shenmue.

I know Yu prides himself on not playing other games, but I wish he’d seen what IO pulled off with the new Hitman and the sheer number of NPC’s. Shenmue 3 is going to be barren in comparison.

I'm not gonna spoil anything for those who don't want to know...but reading this article right now; I can't help but smile and think "they're actually going to build on something that I thought had real promise in Shenmue II mechanic wise and if they pull it off then this will be exactly what I wanted from an evolution of Shenmue." (mechanic wise at least)

There's actually a video exclaiming that we're "worse" than bronies. Fucking hilarious.
I see...

hA7FF706B

i think the article is not really THAT spoilery. it has some informations about some characters
but its not like the whole story is in there. its more a snippet of different things.
it sounds like Shenmue 3 will be a modern Shenmue 1/2 and thats probably what we all want i guess.

Well Shenmue II on the Dreamcast let you use the analog stick to run and walk....something that the HD remaster changed (for whatever reason)...I actually think Shenmue II on the Dreamcast felt a lot better than the HD remake because of that...so I gather when they say it's more like Shenmue II, that's probably what they mean.

Shenmue II on the Dreamcast played with the analog stick wasn't really as stiff as Shenmue 1 with the D pad was

They also say something about modernization so I would assume it won't be too bad.

There is nothing to be concerned about with the controls. At all. It plays like any other modern day game with the same control scheme.

Weird that it says it has the same control scheme as Shenmue II then.. but ah well. Thank you for clarifying. I see there was no need to worry! :)

Okay, I just finished reading it.

I'm very happy with what I just read.

It sounds like Shenmue evolved...it sounds like Yu has been looking at other games and paying attention, but still sounds like Shenmue through and through....very happy with what I just read...now I hope the full game can deliver.

For those curious; it isn't super spoilery in terms of plot, but if you really want to go in blind and know nothing about the new mechanics then best to avoid it. Combat systems are talked about. Other mechanics are talked about....could be considered spoilery for those who want to walk in blind...but yeah, read at your own caution.

For me though; I'm very happy with what I just read and it just makes me want this game even more,

Last edited:
Screw it I'm bursting here. If someone would PM me the link It will be appreciated

Back