Fishing Thread - Locations, Records & Tips

Largest Haul (not even in the next area yet) 36,985g at secret fishing pond. I was able to beat my catfish record at the pond, and I also got my first exotic golden carp. The golden carp is far more elusive than @Truck_1_0_1_ is leading on - it might be close to gold dural. I've fished in this pond 10 times... 10 full times and only got one of these. If Truck got his at 8,000 I really am desperate to see it. :p

For those that do not have the secret pond... get it... as it is the biggest money maker in the game so far.

@Jibby would you consider a sticky for this topic? I have updated all the fish in the locations I have open and plan to keep doing it. Also added locations for the harder to catch fish.

Trying to avoid any spoilers but is there a way to find the hidden fishing location if you stupidly opted for the capsule toy when giving the boy the football?

I wish I recorded this but honestly I caught a fish that weighed approx 10,500 called snakehead. I caught it in the pond behind the save Shenmue arcade... Not sure how are that is... Gave me a shock when it popped up
I wish I recorded this but honestly I caught a fish that weighed approx 10,500 called snakehead. I caught it in the pond behind the save Shenmue arcade... Not sure how are that is... Gave me a shock when it popped up
Id be interested to know if anyone else caught a big snakehead... In the challenges in bailiu I couldn't get past the third green catfish...

It makes sense that the other location offers bigger fish.

Look forward to seeing photos and videos of the 10,000+ makes me wonder if there are bigger.

Playing through the game slowly so I don't miss a beat. Anyone find the rare fish at secret sunflower Grove location?

those that do not have the secret pond... get it... as it is the biggest money maker in the game so far.

whats the secret pond? Is it the one the kid tells you about?

Edit: NM- just saw your vid and it is. Had to go back to an earlier file to get the map from the kid, but got it now thankfully. I just couldn’t continue knowing I’d missed out on this

Last edited:
Largest Haul (not even in the next area yet) 36,985g at secret fishing pond. I was able to beat my catfish record at the pond, and I also got my first exotic golden carp. The golden carp is far more elusive than @Truck_1_0_1_ is leading on - it might be close to gold dural. I've fished in this pond 10 times... 10 full times and only got one of these. If Truck got his at 8,000 I really am desperate to see it. :p

I usually get 2-3 every session and they are (so far), the biggest fish you can catch in the game.

I've now been able to get *61* fish, in one day. Potentially, I feel you can get even more, but I'm in a groove right now and don't want to experiment lol ;)

1574691661640.png

Sorry, I should've posted them on Saturday when I got them :$

And, its not 8+ anymore, now its:

1574691757983.png

:$ lol

I too won it, with a 5.3 kg Lake Trout (which, of all the non-catfish in the game thus far, grows the largest of ANY fish that is in this game).

I'm... 7-9 (in-game) days, I think, away from getting the trophy and yesterday, I played 3 days and got 179 fish, so getting there! (I'm definitely over 500 now, but how much over, I'm not sure).

I too won it, with a 5.3 kg Lake Trout (which, of all the non-catfish in the game thus far, grows the largest of ANY fish that is in this game).

I'm... 7-9 (in-game) days, I think, away from getting the trophy and yesterday, I played 3 days and got 179 fish, so getting there! (I'm definitely over 500 now, but how much over, I'm not sure).

What trophy is this? Total fish caught by any chance? I’m trying not too look at the trophy list too much as it has a couple of quasi spoilers.

Did I miss out on the biggest fish competition? I believe I said "Don't Join" when asked because I didn't want to trigger it right then and there (not realizing that wouldn't have happened)

I'm having trouble finding the 3rd stamp catfish, but damn that coat looks cool (although I would have rather not seen it here - use spoiler tags!)

Back