How to access story quest dlc

01.JPG

Just checked PSNTrophies again and now 4 people got trophies.
When I looked 10 minutes ago, no one had any - but maybe that's because PSNTrophies doesn't update in real-time.

Same here, New Game Plus last save before old castle.
Zhang is not sitting at the table.

I have loaded an old New Game when Shenhua is still at the hotel Niaowu and getting near to the table will start Story DLC.

If that‘s the case, I screwed up.
I‘m too far in the game and don‘t have any older saves 😡

Not sure if patch is necessary BUT clear instructions at least. If it works a side quest then they should specify the time sensitive details

All I can assume at this point is that the story DLC ties-in with a specific part of the main storyline, so it won't be available until that point is reached. I wanted to play through again anyway, it just would have been nice to have been able to play it on a NG+ from the get-go since I've experienced the main story. It should really be patched for NG+ to be able to play it straight away.

Ugh I was looking forward to playing this DLC. I have a NG+ that I started from the beginning of the game in Bailu. If starting a NG+ from Niaowu doesn't work, I'll continue my game that I'm on in Bailu (which is NG+) and see if it triggers if I get to Niaowu naturally rather than when you jump straight there.

If it requires a whole new game from scratch, I can't be arsed starting yet again.

Hmm. Not sure that I saw a patch download on EGS. I read that it was 1.5mb which would finish in like .1 seconds lol, so want to be sure I'm on the right build. Can someone on PC tell me what build number it is (did the DLC patch change that)? I'm currently build 2990.

As mentioned previously, I have like 300+ saves that I can go back to, so 1 of them must work :p Just loaded up one towards the end of the game but nothing there and no pop up mention of the DLC upon loading in.

Edit: Just looked on the EGS Store page and it doesn't seem as if this Story DLC pack is live yet. Can anyone confirm that they are playing on PC and have it working?

Last edited:
So, I tried with my NG+ save in which I'd *only just* got to Niaowu and he *wasn't* there.

So I tried loading up an old original save, just before the point of return, and he *was* there.

Think it might be something to do with having all the areas unlocked maybe? Or you just need to wait until a bit further in, at least.

EDIT / UPDATE: I started playing through my NG+ save, and he first turns up the morning AFTER you ask the guy at the Buddhist market stall about the photo with Shenhua's father in it.

Last edited:
So, I tried with my NG+ save in which I'd *only just* got to Niaowu and he *wasn't* there.

So I tried loading up an old original save, just before the point of return, and he *was* there.

Think it might be something to do with having all the areas unlocked maybe? Or you just need to wait until a bit further in, at least.

EDIT / UPDATE: I started playing through my NG+ save, and he first turns up the morning AFTER you ask the guy at the Buddhist market stall about the photo with Shenhua's father in it.
PS4 or PC?

He still doesn't appear for me maybe I need to progress the main story [/until the red snake boss beat me up] to continue but ffs they could make something for people that completed the game

If I had to guess, you probably have to progress the story until Niaowu is fully unlocked. As the quest takes place in areas that are locked off when you first arrive, even if you were able to trigger the beginning of the quest, you wouldn’t be able to access key areas.

I accidentally loaded my ‘the night before the castle’ save to begin with and upon arriving at the castle, got the message about Zang (obviously I couldn’t go back) so reloaded another save from before I’d bought the move scroll. It worked just fine on this save file.

I don't get an Information about the Story-DLC. The only Info i got when i loaded a Niaowu-Save is "You got a new Object: Tausendfüßler-Pilz (Mushroom)". I have only three saves before the castle. I'm on Version 1.05.

Thank the gods I have a save file just before the final area that I can use once I buy this DLC (tomorrow)

Back