How to access story quest dlc

I'm on vacation so don't have a gamepad, build 2990, no signs of dlc on pc.
Same build as me then. It wasn't even on the store until about an hour ago, but now it's there. Pretty sure I haven't received any updates as of yet (waiting on that small 1.5mb patch), so hopefully that will come soon. Thing is, if it has already been downloaded, I have no way of telling which is very annoying. Trying to find if there is anyone who has it yet on PC, because then we can compare build numbers. I assume that it's just not live yet on PC.

Same build as me then. It wasn't even on the store until about an hour ago, but now it's there. Pretty sure I haven't received any updates as of yet (waiting on that small 1.5mb patch), so hopefully that will come soon. Thing is, if it has already been downloaded, I have no way of telling which is very annoying. Trying to find if there is anyone who has it yet on PC, because then we can compare build numbers. I assume that it's just not live yet on PC.
My build is 2990, and i too don't have DLC. (PC)

Patches aren't needed to access the DLC, supposedly. I'm yet to get the DLC working on PS4, though, tried all of my numerous save files, including starting a new one with my completed game save.

No Story DLC on the PC for me yet. Started NG+ in Niaowu and it doesn't mention the Story Quest DLC, even on the 2nd day and after reloading the save file.

Here is a video of someone who has managed to trigger the DLC. From a NG+ save:- Don't worry there are no spoilers. They just start up NG+ and progress the game until they have show the ferry picture to the guy at the Budda shop which sends them back to the hotel.

Trying to find out from the creator if PC or PS4 currently.

Yeh you're right, the person updated the title to say it's PS4 version. I think it just hasn't gone live yet on PC. Those Chawan cups are not there for me either :p Wonder if that's the trigger for the quest to start.

Battle Rally loads perfectly fine from the title screen.

Shenmue 3 updated automatically this morning and it shows "Owned" next to Battle Rally and the Story Quest DLC.
Mine shows owned too but I didn't see an update, granted it would have been 1.5mb and finished before I notice it lol. I have tried 4 or 5 different saves all in Niaowu and another that was NG+ and nothing. In that video there it shows the cups on the table but I don't have those lol.

Edit:-
I've found that you can look at the Logs that EGS creates everytime there's an update etc. Looking through now to see any mention of Shenmue III.

Last edited:
That's not a patch. Those are DLC keys.
I see, so the build number once change etc, but we still need to download those and I don't think that we have. Just viewed my EGS logs and the only mention of Shenmue III for the last 2 days is me opening it a bunch of times and verifying it lol. No mention of any downloads etc.

Has Anybody in North/south America
Been able to download the story quest pack on Ps4?
I was up at 3am "EST" and nothing.
Tried again at 10am and still no sign of it.
I am updated to 1.05.

Back