Kickstarter Update #102 - PC Gaming Show Update: New Trailer & Epic Games Store Exclusive For PC Version! Part 2

I genuinely just hope that YsNet (not just Deep Silver) got a ton of money for this deal, to make up for the latest in a long line of PR blunders and burned bridges. I'm just echoing what has already been said, but it is so disheartening to have any good news overshadowed by bad news. I'm so tired of the terrible marketing, from both Awesome Japan and Deep Silver (which was supposed to be a good thing when that relationship was announced). Searching Google and Youtube for Shenmue gives you nothing but the news about the EGS exclusivity and how backers are being denied refunds. Great job, Deep Silver.

Let's not forget that November is still stacked with games like Death Stranding and Star Wars (an extremely anticipated game), and try to convince me that now these people that have become disenfranchised due to the EGS or THQ Nordic AMA debacle will pick up Shenmue 3 at full price/launch.

I always thought dedicating resources to the English dub was a horrible idea and a bad use of the budget. I can't imagine what it cost the game in funds and time, and to what end? Doesn't seem like it paid off based on the reaction to the English version of the trailer. Everyone's back to the 'Shenmue's voice acting is atrocious' story, 'and look at those lip movements!'

Who is the person that posts updates on Kickstarter? I just wanna know how they can be so insensitive to the situation. They knew the backlash they will get but that message just triggers me. Full of lies talking about how they've decided it is the best platform.....you mean the platform that offers you a cheque.... No regard to backers. Still can't believe it

Who is the person that posts updates on Kickstarter? I just wanna know how they can be so insensitive to the situation. They knew the backlash they will get but that message just triggers me. Full of lies talking about how they've decided it is the best platform.....you mean the platform that offers you a cheque.... No regard to backers. Still can't believe it
Awesome Japan, apparently. They've been horrible since 2015. The first in a long line of blunders. We complained constantly to Cedric about them and he was powerless to effect change back then. There are clearly layers of management involved in this game and most of what we say is definitely falling on deaf ears.

I still think they will fix this. Especially since that Ambassador guy said YsNet is listening and that we should stay tuned for news.

I personally couldn't care less. I just want to play Shenmue III.

I genuinely just hope that YsNet (not just Deep Silver) got a ton of money for this deal, to make up for the latest in a long line of PR blunders and burned bridges. I'm just echoing what has already been said, but it is so disheartening to have any good news overshadowed by bad news. I'm so tired of the terrible marketing, from both Awesome Japan and Deep Silver (which was supposed to be a good thing when that relationship was announced). Searching Google and Youtube for Shenmue gives you nothing but the news about the EGS exclusivity and how backers are being denied refunds. Great job, Deep Silver.
What I find shocking is I'm convinced that fans from the community would've done a much better job at a lot of these things (Marketing, PR, trailers etc)

It's incredible.

I still think they will fix this. Especially since that Ambassador guy said YsNet is listening and that we should stay tuned for news.

I personally couldn't care less. I just want to play Shenmue III.
That ambassador, like I said in the other thread, has never delivered on anything as far as I can tell. I think he's just an unpaid PR person who was given an honorary title because he's such a big fan. I've never gotten any news from that page.

Awesome Japan, apparently. They've been horrible since 2015. The first in a long line of blunders. We complained constantly to Cedric about them and he was powerless to effect change back then. There are clearly layers of management involved in this game and most of what we say is definitely falling on deaf ears.

Ah, Awesome Japan. Good times.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 42

My take is that they clearly have no real understanding of marketing and just blab out whatever information they are told. "Hey guys, game is delayed! See you later!" "Hey guys, game is now EGS exclusive! Cool! Bye everyone!"

I'm just going to leave this here. Please discuss.

View attachment 3065
This isn't the place for that discussion. Here is. Secondly this comes across as a deliberate attempt to wind people up than prompt acutal discussion. Clairfy your point and leave this drive-by posting well alone.

trump-angrypng.jpg

Fucking embarrassing.

Honestly, these past 24 hours have seriously made me question Corey Marshall's statement that "Shenmue fans are simply the greatest fans in the world".

Verbally abusing a 61-year-old man online to the point of wishing he drops dead when something goes wrong over...a video game. Its unbelievable.

Y'know what, fuck it. The community was waiting for a chance to self-immolate and I guess this is it. I wish I'd stayed gone last year, because I fucking knew this would happen eventually.

I've always appreciated your optimism Spaghetti, and I've genuinely tried to stay that way throughout, but tell me how this turns out well? I'm personally not even talking about the trailer/voice acting/animation, etc., but simply the terrible marketing and EGS deal.

Let's say they reverse course and say backers get Steam keys at launch, or it'll release on both stores simultaneously. The damage seems done from my perspective. Plus, it seems that the next big debacle is right around the corner, because it appears that the PC case will just contain an EGS access key instead of a disc, which had been promised early in the campaign (it shouldn't have been, because even as the initial "small" game at the Kickstarter launch, there was no way that it was going to fit on a DVD).

Y'know what, fuck it. The community was waiting for a chance to self-immolate and I guess this is it. I wish I'd stayed gone last year, because I fucking knew this would happen eventually.
Blame Deep Silver, Awesome Japan, and a long line of others for this. This has been a nightmare and no amount of flailing on a forum or insisting that Yu Suzuki said some neat things in a magazine is going to convince people things are peachy. Awful Kickstarter updates, poorly made trailers, whatever the hell happened this week--that's not on the fans or on the public.

Back