Kickstarter Update #107 - Reward Progress Report

I'm pretty sure I also left the message in the guest book though. I know had to nominate a short comment through the backer page for something.

I also left a message in the guest book but I can't remember what on earth I put lol.

I'm contacting Resetera and the media

"Shenmue 3 backer forgets what he put in guest book. Deserves full refund and game for free"

I think so. Quick, somone start an angry thread on Resetera and contact some gaming sites!
Miss me with this condescending BS. I was just asking a harmless question. Also for all you "fans" that are so tired of complaints (which are mostly valid) yall sure do whine a shit ton yourselves.

The guestbook was the $600 tier and the wishing messages were a >$1k reward (also included the guestbook message).

Yes, non backers wont have their own messages or capsule toys, or lucky hit stands in the game, obviously, but I am 100% certain they'll be able to view those of the backers that do. Isnt that the entire point? To showcase backer acheivements and messages to show how much was done for Shenmue 3? And for others to see your messages/capsule toy/lucky hit?

Hello everyone !
I'm new here, though I read many of your posts since many month now. But those news pictures made me register on thos website ^^.

Wow, those new pictures look awesome, I just want to play it more and more. November is close from now, but time seems so long until November now ><.
Welcome

AMAZING update. Game looks great and so do the rewards.

Looks like we finally know how the telecom card works now - from the item description it seems backers with the tier get an unlimited use item automatically added to the inventory. Assuming for non-backers this means Ryo will have to buy the item in-game, and that it has limited uses until needing to be replenished. EDIT: Also gives access to backer-only conversations.

Also can see a mock-up of the main menu screen on Yu's laptop, looks like he's going through a PowerPoint with the designer on a bunch of stuff.

And that's not all - it looks like they listened to the people who complained about backer rewards encroaching on their playing experience (? - I never quite got the frustration, personally), and seem to have localised a lot of it in this "Save Shenmue" hall area.

High res images:

ingame_reward_01lijj1.png

ingame_reward_0236k3n.png

ingame_reward_03kwkjx.png

ingame_reward_04cojl3.png

ingame_reward_05szjbm.png

ingame_reward_06-2gyky8.png

ingame_reward_07ckj3u.png

ingame_reward_08s6k3z.png

ingame_reward_09ookzy.jpg

ingame_reward_10tcjxn.png

ingame_reward_11qqjvr.png

ingame_reward_129cjz0.png

physical_reward_01ybj55.jpg

physical_reward_02fyjvs.jpg

physical_reward_03bkjn9.jpg

physical_reward_04fgji4.jpg

physical_reward_0598kcu.jpg

physical_reward_06mmksc.jpg

physical_reward_077rj8n.jpg

Not 100% sure, but I think I might see my own Chibi figure capsule toy in these screens...

Last edited:
AMAZING update. Game looks great and so do the rewards.

Looks like we finally know how the telecom card works now - from the item description it seems backers with the tier get an unlimited use item automatically added to the inventory. Assuming for non-backers this means Ryo will have to buy the item in-game, and that it has limited uses until needing to be replenished.

Also can see a mock-up of the main menu screen on Yu's laptop, looks like he's going through a PowerPoint with the designer on a bunch of stuff.

And that's not all - it looks like they listened to the people who complained about backer rewards encroaching on their playing experience (? - I never quite got the frustration, personally), and seem to have localised a lot of it in this "Save Shenmue" hall area.

High res images:

ingame_reward_0236k3n.png

ingame_reward_03kwkjx.png

ingame_reward_05szjbm.png

ingame_reward_06-2gyky8.png

ingame_reward_07ckj3u.png

ingame_reward_08s6k3z.png

ingame_reward_09ookzy.jpg

ingame_reward_10tcjxn.png

ingame_reward_11qqjvr.png

ingame_reward_129cjz0.png

physical_reward_01ybj55.jpg

physical_reward_02fyjvs.jpg

physical_reward_03bkjn9.jpg

physical_reward_04fgji4.jpg

physical_reward_0598kcu.jpg

physical_reward_06mmksc.jpg

physical_reward_077rj8n.jpg

Not 100% sure, but I think I might see my own Chibi figure capsule toy in these screens...
Thanks for posting the HD images. I was trying to do it with my phone and having a hard time. xD

BTW, dunno if anyone has pointed this out but if you look above the telecom card you can see the items that transfer from Shenmue 1 and 2!

Also look at the menu on the left. Nice handy categories so everything is nicely organized but whats that...

A Skill Book editor? Wow.

Last edited:
Miss me with this condescending BS. I was just asking a harmless question. Also for all you "fans" that are so tired of complaints (which are mostly valid) yall sure do whine a shit ton yourselves.

Dude, lighten up. I was making a joke, not at your expense or to be condescending to you, but in a light hearted way of making fun of the media, some fans and Resetera's reactions to things that have happened during development.

If anyone was curious as to what this gacha machine was called, its サイコロマン3 or "Dice Man 3" then there is kh~mu, which I guess implies each machine will be organized in alphebetical order with random gachas?

Just woke up to find this update. Damn this is dope, they gave backers a Save Shenmue museum. I really don't know what to say. That Phoenix/ Dragon jacket is sick I will be rocking that.

Making Ryo wear other clothes is tantamount to sacrilege. He must see out his adventure in brown jacket, white t-shirt and blue jeans. Anything else is unacceptable :D

Back