Kickstarter Update #107 - Reward Progress Report

Looks like we finally know how the telecom card works now - from the item description it seems backers with the tier get an unlimited use item automatically added to the inventory. Assuming for non-backers this means Ryo will have to buy the item in-game, and that it has limited uses until needing to be replenished.

That's what the infinity symbol on the card may suggest. But also: "Unlocks conversations available only to reward backers!"

So there'll probably be conversations that are necessary for all players (for recap purposes, and possibly the occasional new plot point), but also fan service calls reserved only for backers of this reward tier.

ingame_reward_10tcjxn.png

Anyone else think this old dude standing in front of the building facing Ryo looks like Stan Lee? xD.

That's what the infinity symbol on the card may suggest. But also: "Unlocks conversations available only to reward backers!"

So there'll probably be conversations that are necessary for all players (for recap purposes, and possibly the occasional new plot point), but also fan service calls reserved only for backers of this reward tier.
Nice catch. Was so focused on the images that the text skipped me by. Even better, then.

While I wasnt particulary hyped for the backer only jacket, I was still worried it might be a boring design with a KS logo, or a Thank You Backers jacket. Nah, it looks hot af. Who's going to play with it ? I will for sure.
I will definitely stick it into the "laundry" rotation and have Ryo wear it occasionally. I'm sure someone is raging about the jacket itself being a palette swap of Ryo's brown leather, but the design on the back is some good shit and really elevates it.

A clothing change mechanic isn't something I'd naturally assume fits with a game like Shenmue, but the more I think about it, the more these "gamey" sub-systems act as a way to heighten the role playing aspects. Can't wait to see if the VF RPG green martial arts outfit made it in.

Why? I have no interest in conversing in private with anyone who rudely attacks me for a lighthearted remark. In fact, that remark was liked by a mod, so clearly my comment is not an issue with the site or its rules.
By me in fact as I took it as just a light hearted joke that made me laugh. In hindsight maybe not the best action on my part.

That said if it's going to prompt the epic discussion here then I suggest dropping it.

Let it lie, same goes for @ShenmueTree let's enjoy the update.

Nice catch. Was so focused on the images that the text skipped me by. Even better, then.

I will definitely stick it into the "laundry" rotation and have Ryo wear it occasionally. I'm sure someone is raging about the jacket itself being a palette swap of Ryo's brown leather, but the design on the back is some good shit and really elevates it.

A clothing change mechanic isn't something I'd naturally assume fits with a game like Shenmue, but the more I think about it, the more these "gamey" sub-systems act as a way to heighten the role playing aspects. Can't wait to see if the VF RPG green martial arts outfit made it in.

I think it was confirmed somewhere by someone who played a preview ?
But hey, what I'm looking forward is the blue one from VF.

Amazing update! One of the best for sure. I went down to Kickstarter comments to see if people agreed. Big mistake. Maybe 25% of people like what they see, the other 75% just whine and complain and want refunds. Pathetic.

That's what I've been saying for years. You shouldn't read the updates on the Kickstarter page. Either read them in your mailbox or on Shenmue.link. The Kickstarter comments are a dark place full of toxicity and stupidity.

High res images:

ingame_reward_01lijj1.png

If you read the description to the side for the phone card, it says "it allows backers to make unlimited international phone calls"

So I wonder if International Phone Calls are a thing we can all do (backer or not) but this card just gives you free reign to do it at any time whereas non backers might have to shill out some in game currency to do so?

Also skill book editor intrigues me....as to does the notion of collecting herbs...it makes me wonder just how these things are all gonna play in game. Are we gonna be out harvesting crops for locals? Is that the new "air out the books" type of task for III?

More and more intrigued the more I see these menu screens.

Back