Kickstarter Update #107 - Reward Progress Report

OHHHH I see some key items from Shenmue in there!

The photographs, the dried out leaf you found underneath the Dojo, half of the yin yang pendant....very nice :)View attachment 3664

So we have:
  • Watch
  • Sword Handguard
  • Phoenix Mirror
  • Nozomi Amulet
  • Heavens Zippo
  • Ren Coin (heads)
  • Ren Coin (tails)
  • Chawan Sign Paper
  • Photo of Iwao and Zunming Zhao
  • Xiuying Yin/Yang white piece
  • Dried White Leaf
  • Moves Scroll
  • Photo of friends in Japan
  • Photo of friends in Hong Kong
  • Photo of Nozomi
  • Photo of friends at Man Mo Temple
  • Photo of Joy
  • Unknown item
  • Backer Phone Card

So we have:
  • Watch
  • Sword Handguard
  • Phoenix Mirror
  • Nozomi Amulet
  • Heavens Zippo
  • Ren Coin (heads)
  • Ren Coin (tails)
  • Chawan Sign Paper
  • Photo of Iwao and Zunming Zhao
  • Xiuying Yin/Yang white piece
  • Dried White Leaf
  • Moves Scroll
  • Photo of friends in Japan
  • Photo of friends in Hong Kong
  • Photo of Nozomi
  • Photo of friends at Man Mo Temple
  • Photo of Joy
  • Unknown item
  • Backer Phone Card

Yeah, that's pretty much ALL the important stuff from the first two games :)

It is a shame we couldn't get save transfers from Shenmue 1 and 2 HD...but I know, I know...not really technically feasible. Still would have been cool if they could have worked that out somehow but oh well, the key important stuff is still there in your inventory.

I wonder if the tape player will make a return at all? That is one thing I missed from Shenmue to Shenmue II.

Yeah, that's pretty much ALL the important stuff from the first two games :)

It is a shame we couldn't get save transfers from Shenmue 1 and 2 HD...but I know, I know...not really technically feasible. Still would have been cool if they could have worked that out somehow but oh well, the key important stuff is still there in your inventory.

I wonder if the tape player will make a return at all? That is one thing I missed from Shenmue to Shenmue II.

There's no Fangmei amulet :/

About the phone card :
If the catch is that it's unlimited for backers... That sounds like a bit expensive bonus (20 dollars) for backers.

Who's to say? We will find out November 19th I guess. But yeah, the wording does kind of make it sound like it could be in the game for all...but who knows for sure outside of YSNET? Maybe the card gives you exclusive access to some people others don't have access to via phone? Or maybe you can only do local calls if you don't have that card? Again, who knows for sure?

It just depends on how the phone system works in game, I guess.

About the phone card :
If the catch is that it's unlimited for backers... That sounds like a bit expensive bonus (20 dollars) for backers.
From my understanding its unlimited and also unlocks specific backer scenes as well which the retail version won't have.

$20 is a lot of you've moved from the $60-$80 tier but I supposed it comes down to how many unique scenes there are and also from a previous response, I'd have to dig it out, the kickstarter team eluded that the phonecard is quite an expensive in game item so theres that too.

About the phone card :
Who's to say? We will find out November 19th I guess. But yeah, the wording does kind of make it sound like it could be in the game for all...but who knows for sure outside of YSNET? Maybe the card gives you exclusive access to some people others don't have access to via phone? Or maybe you can only do local calls if you don't have that card? Again, who knows for sure?

It just depends on how the phone system works in game, I guess.
Spud already covered it above, but to remove any doubt, @Let's Get Sweaty pointed this part in the update text out on a previous page: "Unlocks conversations available only to backers!"

So it's unlimited + gives access to backer-only content.

Fantastic update. Genius idea to create a building to hold backer rewards. Sad that I couldn't pledge enough back then to get an ingame reward besides name in credits.

I'm ecstatic to see the side story of the optional "mysterious scroll" has not been lost. Wonder if Ryo will find who wrote it in 3 or later on.

The backer and slacker backer T shirts Ryo has are in game correct? Anyone got an extra slacker backer copy ordered I can buy from? ?

...arrgh! Once agaih kicking myself for not having the simple idea of double dipping with Slacker Backer donation. Just the different color shirt and cheap case sleeve makes me jealous :(

Holding steadfast to keep KS copy sealed, so I'll happily be paying for international card use, if used much at all.

This is a great update and I'm glad they've provided proof they've been hard at work on this stuff. Backer rewards were the one item I was certain they'd screw up!

If you read the description to the side for the phone card, it says "it allows backers to make unlimited international phone calls"

So I wonder if International Phone Calls are a thing we can all do (backer or not) but this card just gives you free reign to do it at any time whereas non backers might have to shill out some in game currency to do so?

I had confirmation from the team that there will be a normal calling card anyone can buy in-game and the calling card that is exclusive to backers who chose that tier. The backer card provides access to exclusive scenes and conversations that the normal card will not provide. I believe they also said it's free and the normal calling card will be expensive.

Wow wait...

There's a BLUE Nozomi amulet??? Left hand side, one above the bottom...

53618eeb1b9336d0b67e5c4aa6ef8081_original.png

Didn't even process this when looking at the screens, but I think it is judging from a similar looking outer design.
It looks like it, in my opinion. I think that is kind of the one item from the previous games I'm most interested in. The cutscene where Guizhang tells you, you might one day meet the master who wrote it... I've been wanting to meet this person since my very first play through of S1 and since I have found out you don't meet him in S2, this move scroll has been bugging me.

Back