MAGIC Monaco Press Conference - 9th March 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
New screens are great (y)

Re: Shenhua, she's always had a bunch of different looks. From the CG renders used for promos, to the model used in the Shenmue I intro, to the Passport model, to her appearance in-game in SII... They all look different from each other, so her new appearance in Shenmue III is keeping in line with tradition :p

Part of why I always liked SI more.
Fair enough.

China being more colourful is as much of a thematic choice, as it is an aesthetic one. If you're playing on PC you can always drop it down a notch with Reshade or something.

Personally I'm all about the colours. Love those pink sunrise/sunset clouds.

It’s a shame the team running the Kickstarter doesn’t immediately release these shots to coincide with the announcements. It’d be a real morale booster. Only the real diehard fans end up seeing this stuff.

Makes me remember when I played SIIx that I used the low color filter and upped the color in the tv to get the Shenmue I look.

IMO that saturation level really helps, my mind instantly goes to how insanely colourful Shenmue II was.

Yu's game's have always had a very stylized aesthetic with an over saturated color palette. This has been the case for as far as I can remember. Compare the color palette of Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken and Killer Instinct to Virtua Fighter and you will instantly recognize Shenmue 3 to continue this unique approach.

I don't want to start any new controversy here but I have to say this.
Even tho I LOVE this new image of LAN DI. I can't help but see Ryo's face in there hahahaha God damn.
Somebody put Ryo's hair over his head and a band aid over that scar and you got yourself the perfect Ryo.
just sayin'...
Dzxrv6MWwAAVq-s.jpg

I think that's intentional. It didn't translate across hugely in the Dreamcast models, besides the scar, but when you reaaaaaally think about it there are some common design choices across both Ryo and Lan Di. The hairline and crazy eyebrows were actually pretty obvious, now that I think about it.

Lan Di has a more mature face, though. A stronger nose and chin.

Tbh I'm not even prepared for what we'll see this month.

Every screenshot I've seen of the near final build has me saying "That looks like the Shenmue I fell in love with"

Im almost 100% certain that this trailer is going to surpass even a lot of skeptic critics within our communities expectations.

Just from what I've already seen Shenmue III is already GOTY 2019 for me and there's no changing that. I'm very happy with what I've seen so far. Cant wait!!

I don't want to start any new controversy here but I have to say this.
Even tho I LOVE this new image of LAN DI. I can't help but see Ryo's face in there hahahaha God damn.
Somebody put Ryo's hair over his head and a band aid over that scar and you got yourself the perfect Ryo.
just sayin'...
View attachment 2021
On it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back