Patch 7 for PC - Release Notes

That floating piece of paper is pretty funny.

Weird that it only affects part of a cutscene, not the whole thing.

Yes the levitating letter thing was hilarious. The other day I noticed it was raining inside the library while playing Shenmue 2... I also loaded up Shenmue 1 late last night for an hour and all the sound issues are still there...

Praying that the Japanese launch brings with it some serious patching...

Seems like Patch 6 is introducing a brand new issue with cutscenes where Ryo stands still while other animations around him play. Someone on the steam forums recorded this and i stumbled across it myself and took a photo
View attachment 1386

Hopefully this is fixed once its out of beta.
This works ok on today's new PS4 patch 1.03, so I hope it works on the PC version too.

Sorry if this has been brought up on a previous page, but I booted up the 70 Man Battle for a bit of quick fun on the latest patch and:

20181101075225_1uicse.jpg

It appears the low poly Ryo model has been swapped out for the one you regularly use in combat. Pretty cool. I hadn't played the collection since September, so I'm not sure if this is a new addition for this patch or not.

This works ok on today's new PS4 patch 1.03, so I hope it works on the PC version too.
Tested this scene on the latest patch for PC, works normally for me.

Can see them still working on a development build in SteamDB, so we've got at least one more patch on the way for PC.

Can see them still working on a development build in SteamDB, so we've got at least one more patch on the way for PC.

Ahh i just put shenmue back on my pc after refusing to get back in after i experienced the shenmue 1 mirror cutscene glitch.

I think the major problems are now fixed but i waited so long for patch 5/6 to go live i don't know if i can wait as long for patch 7!

The music being off in shenmue II makes me hesitant to even start it until they've got that right,hopefully the next patch will fix all that

EDIT: also has the shenmue pc file size like doubled since patch 1? It's now 37gb i swear it was like half that last time i checked?

Last edited:
Finally got to play a good bit of Shenmue II with the current patch. Missed some as I couldn't play for such a long time, so the jump to #6 was quite large. Music is definately going there, hearing crucial things like the Da Yuan Appartemts in tune again is so soothing.

One thing I found annoying and only realized now that it is yet another Xbox version issue, is the lack of the dramatic music during the Zhangyu QTE scene, wich kinda takes a big hit on the tenseness of the scene.

Shenmue Patch 7 is live

PC Patch Notes v1.07

Audio
• Fixed an audio issue in one area in Shenmue II.

Controls
• Fixed an issue where running kick and punch couldn't be performed with a keyboard during a free-battle.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/758330/discussions/0/3104564981102678135/
I just submitted an official bug report to SEGA yesterday about the music being too loud when notebook is open in Shenmue 2, but I only have the PS4 version. I am wondering if this new audio fix is addressing that issue specifically. Can anyone with the PC version confirm?

Shenmue Patch 7 is live

PC Patch Notes v1.07

Audio
• Fixed an audio issue in one area in Shenmue II.

Controls
• Fixed an issue where running kick and punch couldn't be performed with a keyboard during a free-battle.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/758330/discussions/0/3104564981102678135/

I don't understand why many of these notes have to be so vague. Instead of "in one area" why can't they just tell, what exactly they fixed? On consoles it's even worse.

That is... very little. Definately the smallest update we got so far.
I hope this isn't the last yet, as there is still a bunch of stuff that could and should be adressed.

I think it's a good sign that they've released two smaller patches in the space of a few days, on PS4 and now on PC. Maybe they're going to be more liberal with patches from now on.

I think the PS4 1.04 patch was quick because the Beverly Hills Wharf bug was a big deal, and the PC patches probably took a back seat last week or so with work on PS4 patches taking priority for Japanese release.

Half confirms my suspicion of 1.03 being shipped on disc for Japan. They really needed to have a day zero patch ready for such a gigantic bug introduced only by the latest build.

I just submitted an official bug report to SEGA yesterday about the music being too loud when notebook is open in Shenmue 2, but I only have the PS4 version. I am wondering if this new audio fix is addressing that issue specifically. Can anyone with the PC version confirm?

No change, it's still too loud.

Dang. Oh well, thanks for checking.

Turns out I wasn't using the latest patch, since you have to opt-out of the beta channel. I checked again and maybe it is indeed lower, idk anymore, but I noticed it sounds louder when it begins again for a second time (?)

Back