[Potential Spoilers] Shenmue III Preview Event

No, it didn't make me angry, but using snark is incredibly childish.

Furthermore, no, I'm not wrong and neither are you; none of us know what the character will be like and clearly, you don't know what a flunky boss is, hence my posting the link above.

Nothing of what I said contradicts anything of what you insinuated or anything else.

No idea what, "touchie," means, don't you mean touchy?

If you want to discuss something, discuss it, but saying, "you're so wrong!!!! I'm pulling crap out of my ass, but you're soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong!!!!!!!" is completely childish and paradoxical.

If you don't want to be civil, leave me alone; I don't want to deal with snark and sarcasm, just because I offer an opinion.

S
And the hyperbole was needed why?

Whip? Poison-tipped knife?

YOU DON'T KNOW ANY MORE THAN I DO, IT IS ALL SPECULATION.

Jesus Christ...

I'll leave that there ;)
Shes a sadist. She enjoys hurting people, I doubt she uses henchmen to do her bidding.

That is IF the old description is still true. Maybe it isnt. But I have no reason to believe otherwise for now.

No, it didn't make me angry, but using snark is incredibly childish.

Furthermore, no, I'm not wrong and neither are you; none of us know what the character will be like and clearly, you don't know what a flunky boss is, hence my posting the link above.

Nothing of what I said contradicts anything of what you insinuated or anything else.

No idea what, "touchie," means, don't you mean touchy?

If you want to discuss something, discuss it, but saying, "you're so wrong!!!! I'm pulling crap out of my ass, but you're soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong!!!!!!!" is completely childish and paradoxical.

If you don't want to be civil, leave me alone; I don't want to deal with snark and sarcasm, just because I offer an opinion.

Actuactly we took completely different stances, so yea you did. You talk about her like she's the harlot type, and you specifically said she's not the type to be a fighter.

Believe it or not, her overall design tells you what kind of character she is, It's actually a Chinese archetype. Infact her outfit can be considered slightly more reserved then most variants, while still keeping the whole feel of the design(but hey, Yu probally wants to avoid getting heavily censored by China, and China while has become laxed with TV/Movie regulations, they're still super strict with games)

I love this new screenshot. Maybe I would prefer the jet black hair as well, but this concept of Niao Sun is a great evolution from what was a prototype for a character that I'm surprised we ever saw in the first place.

If I recall correctly, they went so far as to state she used some kind of "mantis" fighting style at some point, so I am sure she will be a formidable opponent.

S

Shes a sadist. She enjoys hurting people, I doubt she uses henchmen to do her bidding.

That is IF the old description is still true. Maybe it isnt. But I have no reason to believe otherwise for now.

Oh hell no, yea she definitely likes handling her own dirty work, and very much enjoys doing such.

S

We'll see! As I said, its just a personal opinion that she will be flunky.

I've always thought of her having someone like Ziming apprehend a target, bring the target in front of her, question the target and once she's gotten what she wants, she either has them killed sadistically or she chops off their head or something.

Reading Romance of the Three Kingdoms is making me hypothesise as to whether or not the leaders are so rooted in Chinese Culture, that they act in ways depicted in that novel (beheading is the execution de rigeur in the book).

I don't know, I can still see early appearances of her in the game being similar to Yuan from Shenmue II - Where she orders thugs to do her busy work - But we can certainly expect a late boss encounter!

We'll see! As I said, its just a personal opinion that she will be flunky.

I've always thought of her having someone like Ziming apprehend a target, bring the target in front of her, question the target and once she's gotten what she wants, she either has them killed sadistically or she chops off their head or something.

Reading Romance of the Three Kingdoms is making me hypothesise as to whether or not the leaders are so rooted in Chinese Culture, that they act in ways depicted in that novel (beheading is the execution de rigeur in the book).

Yea we'll see.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms era is slightly too far back in history. These types of characters came to being slightly after the three kingdoms era, while there was unrest due to the barberistic actions of the empire. This type of char doesn't belong to the rebellion side of things though, more like a cutthroat bandit type of group(which is also reflected in the Shenmue games, despite taking place in the 1980s).

Quick impressions, full article comming tomorrow.
- They have played something around a little bit more than an hour
- He said that the game does not look half cooked anymore as in previous versions
- He liked the art direction and the warm colours used
- He claim a lack of transition between expressions felt a little bit robotic
- He said that they start after the ending of Shenmue 2 but does not give any datails
- Playability closer to Shenmue 1 due to the asking NPCs for stuff
- He like the minigames
- A lot of attention to fighting, training and kung fu

The facial animations have always been the main point of criticism for this game's looks, it's probably gonna be the big thing people rag on most. My hope is just that the main characters have decent facial animation I can take awkward npcs.

The other impressions are very good to hear though, I am legitimately curious how this game is gonna review now cause I was honestly expecting the game to get dunked on hard but I'm starting to have hope it might actually be a bit more in the realm of bloodstained's reception though not as universal.

Quick impressions, full article comming tomorrow.
- They have played something around a little bit more than an hour
- He said that the game does not look half cooked anymore as in previous versions
- He liked the art direction and the warm colours used
- He claim a lack of transition between expressions felt a little bit robotic
- He said that they start after the ending of Shenmue 2 but does not give any datails
- Playability closer to Shenmue 1 due to the asking NPCs for stuff
- He like the minigames
- A lot of attention to fighting, training and kung fu

Cool, although I don't like that then only had 1h to play, atleast give people 1 week in game for reviewers., and the statement about gameplay is most surely not accurate(as they're still in bailu), so keep that in mind. You most definitely can't make a proper review of a Shenmue game, based off of only 1h.

However it sounds like they are playing a build much closer to the TGS build, so that's something.

This build probally has fishing, and the prize exchange in it as well, so I would suggest people keep a lookout for info on such. Considering this is a review event, odds are they're playing a beta that contains the entire game on it, so yea definitely expect to see info on those missing from the backer trial, features.

Cool, although I don't like that then only had 1h to play, atleast give people 1 week in game for reviewers., and the statement about gameplay is most surely not accurate(as they're still in bailu), so keep that in mind. You most definitely can't make a proper review of a Shenmue game, based off of only 1h.

However it sounds like they are playing a build much closer to the TGS build, so that's something.

This build probally has fishing, and the prize exchange in it as well, so I would suggest people keep a lookout for info on such. Considering this is a review event, odds are they're playing a beta that contains the entire game on it, so yea definitely expect to see info on those missing from the backer trial, features.
This was not for review purposes dude.
Reviewrs allways have acces to the full game.
They wouln't be qualified to make "Reviews" otherwise.

This was not for review purposes dude.
Reviewrs allways have acces to the full game.
They wouln't be qualified to make "Reviews" otherwise.

Isn't this a "review event" though?

PS. Btw so called professional reviewers sadly pretty much never even play half a game before reviewing it, so having access to the full game in that regard doesn't mean jack.

More info, I asked this evening to one journalist about how long they could play and if the were given some kind of save state for the second location, her answer is that:
"No. It is a two and half hour demo for previews"

Back