[Potential Spoilers] Shenmue III Preview Event

More info, I asked this evening to one journalist about how long they could play and if the were given some kind of save state for the second location, her answer is that:
"No. It is a two and half hour demo for previews"

Oh ok, for a "preview", 2 1/2h works. Get some Shenua fun in there, and probally a good idea what the entire bailu village area has to offer(although doubt that's enough time to unlock the nearby settlement(s) areas).

Oh ok(thought it was a review event, not preview event lol), and duh I know you can't, but since when has that ever stopped so called professional reviewers from trying to do so?
In previews, the person in question gives his feedback, but no score or final opinion.

Anyway, like Mr. Pastman said, reviews will probably follow very soon.
Just give them a bit of time to finish Death Stranding. One or two weeks I would say.

Last edited:
One very important thing to take from all this previews and demo reactions (so far).

Impressions seem very very positive so far.
Some criticism on the animations, but other than that seems like everyone has been enjoying it very much!!

If the story and the end doesn't let us down and some big bugs don't pop off, I think we will get some potent review scores!

8s and 9s baby!!! BRING THEM!!!

Last edited:
Its seems like the preview event is in three different regions because people are mentioning Koch Media Spain and France
and Gregor is in Germany. That hobbyconsolas video is from Spain and i doubt that Gregor is in Spain.

Its great to hear some positive coming out of it, but I don't see preview events often ever have negatives or particularly critical input in general.

Amazing character shot and a beautiful new area. Once again, nighttime looks incredible. Can't wait for the official press pack screens. We are just shy of a month out so I reckon we will be seeing more screens, impressions and new trailers soon.

I know it's too much to ask at launch but I really hope this game eventually supports HDR. The lighting at night alone will completely transform the experience.

About bloody time we get to see this mysterious Fortified Castle area!

I'm curious as to why Yu switched the Tulou design for a castle, as I recall he was quite keen on including that design at one point and even referencing Virtua Fighter RPG era concept art of it.

Personally, I think a castle looks much cooler.

Tulou locations always look like its about to turn into a fatal frame game when I look at them, something about them always creeped my out for some reason I think its cause they feel so isolated from the inside.

This actually makes me kind of wish we got that instead of a castle.

Technically, we don't know if they're officially cut out or not, yet. If they are, either they'll be in a future game (unless they're historically only accurate whereabouts Shen3's chapters are set).

Or, the concept (tall communal buidlings with wayward residency) has been adapted to the Fortified Castle; which to my presumption seems like a hybrid of tulouse and the Yellow Head Building. Cannot wait to see what is in store there!

EHFAED8WwAAdpt8.jpg

I don't think she's wearing a bra lol. :tonguewink:

Back