Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Yeah, I cannot speak highly enough to the experience the backer trial gave me.

Nostalgia and being grateful Shenmue III exists affords it a base level of appreciation, but these feelings are fleeting if the game isn't good enough to back it up - but it is. To me it's been a captivating reminder of why I love these games and this series, and the more I played the trial; the more these feelings grew. And it's just the tip of the iceberg, it really, really is.

I think Yu Suzuki called Shenmue a "soothing balm for the soul" in an interview recently, and as ever he has the perfect abstract language to describe the feeling this game gives me. There's a strange, pure happiness that I can't accurately put into words, but I know that I only get it with Shenmue.

I hadn’t read that quote but as usual Suzuki is pretty apt with his description. The trial for me also completely soothed any large concerns about the game in fact giving me a lot of confidence this would indeed be a faithful and quality successor to first two titles.

As you said nostalgia can only carry you so far and I was pleased to see evolution in mechanics and elements. So the final game is as fresh as possible after 10-12 playthroughs of demo I’ve decided to quit playing it.

@standtrip That image belongs in a spoiler tag and/or not this thread. There is a thread specifically for hacked demo contents.

Edit: Since he removed it, a spoiler free description is that it was an image of one of the many clothing options for Ryo. There were quite a few posted in the data mine thread already.

Last edited:
@Van Joel Sandwich

even the GamePro / Gamestar website (biggest german console and PC website + magazine)
shared your Email in a new article.

@Van Joel Sandwich

even the GamePro / Gamestar website (biggest german console and PC website + magazine)
shared your Email in a new article.

Could you post the article?

Also @Van Joel Sandwich these BASTARDS are giving the credit to a gaffer instead of you

Last edited:
Are there any members here from France? I would like to get my hands on the Shenmue1&2 Pix'n love edition. I'm open to trade some Shenmue 3 steelbook editions or maybe a LRG collectors edition.

Back