Random Shenmue III Thoughts

That’s why I’m just waiting for 3. Forcing myself to play through Shenmue in a crunch will just put me in a bad mood. Better to enjoy the recap and enjoy the new ride...

Yea exactly, that's why I'm just waiting for 3. My plan is to play 3, real slow like :) , and then play 1, 2, 3 in order.

Yea, It's nothing that should ever be attempted though, it defeats the purpose of playing such ingeneral. Nevermind the fact, you'll have to play 9-20 hours strait, which doesn't help any either.

The rule of thumb here, is don't ever rush through the Shenmue games.

I do it simply because it's another way to enjoy the games. I've played through the game as intended too many times to count; there's nothing wrong with doing something different sometimes.

I've deliberately avoided Shenmue 1 and 2 because I want to get used to the new fighting system in 3. I don't want to be playing the new game in a funk because inputs for moves have changed and throws are gone. I'll probably replay them after I'm done with 3, strangely!

Man, Shenmue 3's release cannot come soon enough. I'm going through one of my phases where just nothing will satisfy me, I can't seem to get any enjoyment out of anything and I don't know what to do with myself.

Generally, I've always needed a good tv show, a good book or particularly a good video game on the go to keep me sane, but every now and again I just can't find anything. Now's one of those times. I just don't know what to play. I got Luigi's Mansion 3 the other week and I'm already bored of it.

I swear next week will be the longest week ever.

Yeah I feel you on that. I've been feeling like that since September. I bought Link's Awakening but didnt finish it cause all I can think about is Shenmue 3 and Shenmue 1&2.

8 days👊🥋👊

Last edited:
Guilin ends up being more large than memory makes it out to be.
Yeah, it isn't exactly short, but as long as I can get it done in 2-3 hours I'll be good for Shenmue III.

This playthrough has really reminded me of how much I like Kowloon. It's an extremely impressive area, not only in scale, but the level design sells the concept of a delapidated city so well that I assumed for many years that it must've been modelled on a real part of Kowloon.

The collapsed concrete, exposed pipes, cracked walls that you can see through to other areas, interspersed with old shops and market stalls...not to mention the interlocking buildings with the crazy amount of unique stuff randomly peppered throughout the many floors. It might not be so impressive now (although in some ways it still is) but back in the day Kowloon just felt like an endless expanse of dirty, interesting stuff.

This is the week where almost all Rewards should be send out. Man, we came very far. Almost 20 years of hoping and waiting coming to an end.
I think you're being ambitious if they send the physical rewards this week. Most kickstarters send them after the games released.

Most of us will have the game in our hands by release from the kickstarter backers. Digital rewards will be sent via the survey.

The rest of the physical rewards I cant see us getting well into December earliest.

Yeah, it isn't exactly short, but as long as I can get it done in 2-3 hours I'll be good for Shenmue III.

This playthrough has really reminded me of how much I like Kowloon. It's an extremely impressive area, not only in scale, but the level design sells the concept of a delapidated city so well that I assumed for many years that it must've been modelled on a real part of Kowloon.

The collapsed concrete, exposed pipes, cracked walls that you can see through to other areas, interspersed with old shops and market stalls...not to mention the interlocking buildings with the crazy amount of unique stuff randomly peppered throughout the many floors. It might not be so impressive now (although in some ways it still is) but back in the day Kowloon just felt like an endless expanse of dirty, interesting stuff.

I actually think it is still mightly impressive considering you can enter almost every room in those buildings....granted, they're all procedural generated but it's still mighty impressive none the less.

I don't even know any open world game now that let's you do that.

Back