Shenmue 3 Streetdate Broken

Happening everywhere except in my hands
The other thread was closed, so I'll reply here instead:

@You Arcade said, and I quote, "Literally nobody would come across the stream unless they went looking for it," to which you responded with instructions on how to find the stream on YouTube. What you stated in your reply was the very definition of "looking for it," thereby proving @You Arcade correct. Give it up, dude.

i couldnt help myself and i just watched a live stream of shenmue 3 on youtube (discussion was posted in the non spoiler forum, and has since been closed) it shouldnt annoy but it does but the guy that is doing the stream said "im not doing anything wrong someone posted an hour long gameplay video a month ago" he was talking about the backer demo, and then he was shocked that the combat was different to shenmue 1 and 2 😩 some other kids on the chat were calling it "yakuza 7"

in other news the game looks fantastic and the japanese voice over sounds great too

Hah. I was talking to my girlfriend this morning about the store Finland breaking the date, and said how I was wondering if it’d happen here in Denmark. She was actually shocked that stores do this, but I specifically mentioned how JNL did the same thing for Sonic Mania Plus and that I predicted they’d end up doing it with Shenmue.

JNL isn’t a bad store, but breaking street date rubs me the wrong way. I always stop by JNL when I’m home visiting my parents in NYC. Great selection of retro and import games but the prices are fucking nuts, so I’ve never bought anything there except a copy of SEGA 3D Classics. I guess I can’t blame them, though, having to pay for retail space in NYC and compete with online sellers. I end up shopping at Videogamesnewyork most of the time but they’re really not much better on price and it’s 1000x more annoying to browse with how everything is organized. I just wish there was a better option for those of us who like retro/import games, prefer to browse in person, and get good prices. I guess you can only choose 2 of 3 though.

Looks like the floodgates are starting to open. Time for those who don’t want to be spoiled to switch off the internet for a week. Personally, I’m watching the live stream up until the end of the backer demo point in the story. It looks great. I got the streamer to confirm that the zoom crosshairs can be switched off while the red circles can’t. Not sure why people are hating on him. He’s literally playing a game that he bought in a store.

I have blocked "Shenmue" on Twitter from everyone except those I follow. I will stay off Facebook. The only game-related site/forum I'll visit is this place.

That should be safe. :hmm:

Looks like the floodgates are starting to open. Time for those who don’t want to be spoiled to switch off the internet for a week. Personally, I’m watching the live stream up until the end of the backer demo point in the story. It looks great. I got the streamer to confirm that the zoom crosshairs can be switched off while the red circles can’t. Not sure why people are hating on him. He’s literally playing a game that he bought in a store.
I have watched too! He played the recap video in Japanese and English too. I liked a lot, I think they nailed it.

You really think so?
It was really well written although the pronunciation of the English version was a little hit and miss. It used footage from the originals in a letterbox format. It could have been better visually but I think the writing really nailed it and did a good job recapping the story so far.

Does the recap use footage from the originals or remade graphics
It uses the originals.

I dont know whats allowed or not to say, but we are i dire need of a new recap movie.
It dont tie up the series at all when it comes to the mythical part.

Im quite worried now that newcommers will fall of very quickly because they dont connect the games.

The Patient Wolf on youtube made a much better recap

No spoilers, just my opinion

It uses the originals.

I dont know whats allowed or not to say, but we are i dire need of a new recap movie.

Im quite worried now that newcommers will fall of very quickly because they dont connect the games.

This is why it was important for Sega to get the rereleases out ahead of time. Hopefully most people that were interested in buying 3 were able to play the originals beforehand.

It uses the originals.

Here's a link to that fanmade recap in question for those curious

Edit: also every time I look at S1 again, I'm always shocked by how good it looks. You'd think I'd be used to it after 20 years.

It uses the originals.

Whilst Patient Wolf’s video did a good job explaining the story, it’s way too long for casual gamers or people who are unfamiliar with the series to sit through (owing to the fact that it covers each and every minute detail).

I think the pacing of the official recap video is much better. As for the mystical elements of the story...
the sword, although still mentioned in the letter from Shenhua’s father, seems to have been removed from the rebuilt intro sequence in the cave which suggests to me that Yu Suzuki is having second thoughts about having had a magical floating sword at the end of the game. The original games didn’t do a very good job of explaining these elements of the story anyway.

Last edited:
Back