Shenmue 3 Streetdate Broken

you guys are nitpicking way too much now, just play the game for yourself and see the story unfold, thats what we really wanted from this, also stop thinking casuals will buy a game that has # 3 at the end. any new player will either pass on it or get the ports.

you guys are nitpicking way too much now, just play the game for yourself and see the story unfold, thats what we really wanted from this
I'm getting a bit annoyed that anytime someone criticizes 3 we just get a bunch of posts saying this, yes we are all happy 3 is happening, that doesn't mean we cant be constructive about things we don't like about it and hope can be fixed in the 4th game we hope we actually get.

Last edited:
I'm getting a bit annoyed that anytime someone criticizes 3 we just get a bunch of posts saying this, yes we are all happy 3 is happening, that doesn't mean we cant be constructive about things we don't like about it and hope can be fixed in the 4th game we hope we actually get.
I mean so far the criticism I’ve seen has consisted of someone complaining the game has a modern camera and modern controls. Whatever floats your boat, but I think that’s pretty lousy criticism.

I mean so far the criticism I’ve seen has consisted of someone complaining the game has a modern camera and modern controls. Whatever floats your boat, but I think that’s pretty lousy criticism.
people were complaining about an intrusive and ugly ui, a completely fair point even if we dont all feel as strongly. And even then its not just about this current topic its about alot of stuff, so many complaints just get sort of scoffed off with that passive aggressive "lol who cares you guys are nitpicking" response.

My whole point is just cause we are happy the game is coming out, doesn't mean we shouldn't express dissatisfaction when we feel it, big or small. Like I'm gonna love the game most likley, but that doesnt mean I'm not going to be massively annoyed by stuff like the ugly fades to black between dialogue or the big ol red circle showing up everywhere

Last edited:
@jsh020

I think the point @mjqjazzbar and @blu are trying to make, is that none of us have played the game yet thus we should just wait to experience it ourselves, before anything.

Making assumptions because of what you see, doesn't mean that the final game and your experience with it, will be the same thing.

Just sit tight.

@jsh020

I think the point @mjqjazzbar and @blu are trying to make, is that none of us have played the game yet thus we should just wait to experience it ourselves, before anything.

Making assumptions because of what you see, doesn't mean that the final game and your experience with it, will be the same thing.

Just sit tight.
Playing the game really doesn't change stuff like ui complaints or bad cutscene direction though, also alot of us have played the game through the trial and can see what has improved and what hasnt through gameplay of the final release. Like yes something we do need to play it ourselves to judge like the extent of the combat and all that but not everything.

... but you haven't played the final game yet.

So who's to say it hasn't been fixed?

Will repeat; THAT was their point.
The final release has to say, people are playing it on streams, its not fixed, we even know these games ahead of the release are getting the updates so its not fixed in a day 1 patch or anything.

Really whats the point trying to damage control it, we are happy the game is happening, that doesn't mean we cant still find fault in things.

Last edited:
I don't take camera lightly in a video medium, it isn't modern anymore when it's the norm for more than ten years with no improvement since, and sure forget the complains about ui or animation. I stop here, I don't want to deal with blind fans.

Back