Shenmue Trivia

~1966 - 1967 as seen in the conversation with Kai while learning Predictive Explosion.

What were two alternate names for Niao Sun during the development of Shenmue?
TyoJun and Chong Hua. I'll admit, I had to look it up, I only knew Chong Hua. Where does TyoJun come up if I may ask?

Q: How many ways are there to obtain the Big Bronze Medal in Shenmue II?

Tyojun was in her character description in the Shenmue Premiere, and also was the filename of my avatar, which was given away on the old Muecas section of Shenmue.com for Japanese mobile phones. I'm sure it is in other places, but those are two.

I thought two...but then I read there were three! I didn't know that in addition to getting it in the Vacant Lot (the only one I got right initially), you can also obtain it by paying back the Lai Lai Eatery after causing damage there chasing Wong (done this before, but only once...didn't remember it properly, I had it confused with the duck racing), and then you can also get it by winning five matches in a row at the Roll It On Top stand in the Lucky Charm Qr.

How many ways can you play an official release of Shenmue II?

Where does TyoJun come up if I may ask?
To add a little to this, "TyoJun" (actually 'Chou Jun') is the Japanese pronunciation for "Niao Sun" (鳥隼). Pretty sure this isn't her real name, though. It seems to be symbolic of the gate guardian she represents, along with Lan Di's alternate name/title(?), 'Sou Ryu.'

How many ways can you play an official release of Shenmue II?
Five? (Dreamcast, Xbox, Xbox One, PS4, PC.) Not sure if I understood the question you were asking.

To add a little to this, "TyoJun" (actually 'Chou Jun') is the Japanese pronunciation for "Niao Sun" (鳥隼). Pretty sure this isn't her real name, though. It seems to be symbolic of the gate guardian she represents, along with Lan Di's alternate name/title(?), 'Sou Ryu.'

Five? (Dreamcast, Xbox, Xbox One, PS4, PC.) Not sure if I understood the question you were asking.
I'll give it to you. Though you missed 360 (backwards compatible). You can play on Steam or Xbox Games Pass on PC and get two sets of achievements.

I'll give it to you. Though you missed 360 (backwards compatible). You can play on Steam or Xbox Games Pass on PC and get two sets of achievements.
Oh, right. I debated 360, but totally forgot about Game Pass. Good one.

Q:
Where in Hong Kong can you meet the mother and daughter from the boat again?

Oh, right. I debated 360, but totally forgot about Game Pass. Good one.

Q:
Where in Hong Kong can you meet the mother and daughter from the boat again?
A. First Class Tailor Q. Where does this man go for lunch and dinner everyday? 600px-RyujiTatsumi.jpg

Back