[!!SPOILERS!!] Datamined Info - Discussion Thread (Backer Demo)

Something to chew on: the ESRB summary describes throwing.

The GameInformer article mentions the player doing grappling moves.

Yet Yu Suzuki has insistently said that there are no grappling throws in the game.

We know there are moves like Brawling Uppercut and Mud Spider that effectively work as a throw if pulled off correctly. I don’t think we’ve seen any grappling though but if what game informer says is true then it’s kinda strange that YSNet got both throws, and grappling to work but just didn’t manage to combine them. I wonder if it’s a problem with collision effects?

Btw looking at ryo in depth and comparing it to the original passport Ryo, the new one is based 100% on the passport model. So Ys Net heard our complaints. I may start a new thread comparing both models it term of basic shape they are identical.

I think you're right. Especially when you compare the faces in profile, the nose, mouth and chin are identical.

I'm very happy with how Ryo turned out.

Decided to write an overview of Bailu Villiage, I felt this thread was most appropriate since the overview contains datamined information. This is incomplete and will be updated. Suggestions for categories and color coding welcome. Also I'd like to ask if I could use images from @Esppiral 's , @Sappharad 's @Sir Quackberry's screenshots and videos to go along with the overview. All information will be exclusive to this thread until the release of the game. All images will be credited.
No credit needed, it's fine. My stuff is actually lower quality than it could be, but I don't think anyone really noticed because video capture or compression usually introduces quality loss. The most recent videos are 1080p with graphics set to High but ideally I would have wanted very high + 1440p or 4K for YouTube. I'm running hardware that came out 6 years ago - it's going to be replaced this year but possiblly not for before Shenmue 3 comes out. (I'm going to be getting both versions, but I'll play on PS4 first)

Some of the characters found thus far are all well known so no spoliers.

unknown.png

unknown.png

I've found several more that don't appear in the demo so let's keep them out.

Btw looking at ryo in depth and comparing it to the original passport Ryo, the new one is based 100% on the passport model. So Ys Net heard our complaints. I may start a new thread comparing both models it term of basic shape they are identical.

Quick question: Is the model of the girl in white with the fighting staff in there? We’ve already seen promotional images of her.

Quick question: Is the model of the girl in white with the fighting staff in there? We’ve already seen promotional images of her.
You mean the Japanese looking shrine maiden with the broomstick?

Also is Ming Ming there? the character Kenji Miyawaki mentioned in the beginning of S3 development.

6WYki5D.jpg

You mean the Japanese looking shrine maiden with the broomstick?

Also is Ming Ming there? the character Kenji Miyawaki mentioned in the beginning of S3 development.

6WYki5D.jpg

Yea. Also, I was wrong. Ryo has the staff.

f1598b941e21704ad01c95c8887a352c_1920_KR.jpg

MIK_20171129_01-1024x576-ds1-1340x1340.jpg

I wonder if Ryo will use the staff in an actual fight...

I can see that now, but I had no clue a broomstick would have a bamboo handle like that.

Furthermore, why is a Japanese broomstick in rural China? A nitpicky thing to death, but yeah.

Back