Recent content by Michaelus89

1. M

Best.Shenmue3.Outrage.video.ever ! [No spoiler]

What a muppet. I’d love to know what this guy does for a living. Buys chunkified collectors editions for hundreds of pounds but has a chair that’s falling apart.
  2. M

For those of you that ordered online through GameStop...

I had it with my European copy of the collectors edition. Of course on one hand it's worth getting het up about over the principle but the quality of the 'medallion' which looks like the CE 'mirror' is dire - just a lump of plastic only about 50% of the size of what it is in game. Either that...
  3. M

Here's hoping...

Hopefully the assets can be reused to ship an S4 in shortish order.
  4. M

PS4 framerate fix

Glad I didn't upgrade to a PS4 pro for this if it doesn't do anything for S3.
  5. M

Shenmue 3 Collectors Editions. Where to Buy

Bit disappointed with the quality of the Collectors Edition. Not fussed about the stickers and the patches. The 'mirror' is just made of plastic and 50% sized at about the size of a minidisc (remember them! Ha). The light box is really cool though. Perhaps I was expecting too much.
  6. M

Impressions on the plot and the ending (only read if you finished the game)

I think one of the biggest disappointments is spending literally all day (real day, not SIII day) building up my characters kung fu and raising cash (only through bloody gambling) yet the ending sequence is over within an hour.
  7. M

Finding the snake leaders style

This was a terrible part of the game in my opinion. Mainly because the animals are either vague or look like the wrong one!
  8. M

Impressions on the plot and the ending (only read if you finished the game)

Pleased with Shenmue 3 on balance. I think they went for the Shenmue depth in terms of learning moves, part time jobs, mini games etc and took that to a new level, but the consequence of that was the storyline and QTEs. For me that was taking much of what I love about Shenmue 3 out of the game...
  9. M

Backer Copies | General Thread & Shipping Information

Is the backer copy disk itself special? I managed to get a day 1 copy on Saturday from a local independent games shop, and the actual backer copy today looks inferior with no codes. I’m thinking of selling the backer copy on but wouldn’t want to if the build on the disk is superior to a bog...
  10. M

Joyful anticipation has turned into Fear...

I'm a fair way into Shenmue 3 and there's still a lot of content from the trailers I've not come across yet. Make no mistake this is a massive game in terms of length, it'll take me weeks to months to complete without taking time off work or sacking off the girlfriend at weekends. It's also...
  11. M

just grabbed a day 1 copy from my local indie. ‘Bit early isn’t it’ I said - ‘no honestly not. I wouldn’t sell a game early’ he said. With a wink!
  12. M

The Kickstarter copy was sent Royal Mail 48 hours, if tomorrow doesn’t count it’ll be Tuesday otherwise we will get lucky and get it Monday. sadly I’m busy Monday and Tuesday, so it looks like I’ll be playing it Wednesday onwards. Was hoping to get it early to play it this weekend
  13. M

No news only my simply games collectors edition. Kickstarter copy on its way. uk
  14. M

Shenmue III | The Story goes on - Launch Trailer

Anyone else feel like the relationship between REN and Ryo evolves into one of greater respect as time goes on? He seems less ‘you idiot’ and more like an older brother in this trailer.
  15. M

Shenmue III | The Story goes on - Launch Trailer

They can send me as many emails as they like with this trailer. 5 DAYS!!! My two copies had better not be late.
Back