110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

and to extent they are still teasing, liking and hinting things even now when anything is mentioned. i mean their latest likes was during shenmue day. They are well aware of what they have been doing, to me doing these little things are not just by "coincidence" anymore...they know what they are doing. I agree they have had countless opportunitys, chances and openings to just blow the flame out but rather did the opposite and fanned it. They are capable of responses, retorts and replies to everyone from journalists, partners and fans they've proved this but when the question of shenmue is brought up they go tight lipped, the behaviour alone just speaks volumes. I for one am aware a new anime interview is coming (confirmed by the japanese animation twitter account) and im very curious & interested in seeing if they attempt to drop something else on that day its shared. it's been 3 weeks tomorrow since the banana & apple tease they can't go back on that now even if they tried to because its already out there & people wont let them forget on twitter. This certainly was not fans imaginations running wild about a possible shenmue IV this was a company igniting the flames & people wanting to see it.
I completely agree. We’ve been knowingly led to believe there is a real possibility 110 Industries are involved in a Shenmue project. If it turns out to be something else, it’s because they have not taken the appropriate steps to correct our (valid) assumptions based on the information they have put out there. They knew what they were doing. I just hope good news is around the corner.

I completely agree. We’ve been knowingly led to believe there is a real possibility 110 Industries are involved in a Shenmue project. If it turns out to be something else, it’s because they have not taken the appropriate steps to correct our (valid) assumptions based on the information they have put out there. They knew what they were doing. I just hope good news is around the corner.
We have been led in that direction there's no "buts" or "Ifs" about it. They did the teasings, they made the follows, they hit the likes and they issued the hints happily, willingly and freely. Like I said before they're not totally incapable of issuing a response to either the initial rumour that started on April 7th or the ongoing questions they do often recieve on social media... We can see this when they take the time to respond to other individuals and also post about other things but as soon as the shenmue name/brand is brought up they stay silent the behaviour alone is just to suspicious. I refuse to question them now because it comes across like we either will or we won't acknowledge you depends on the day. Can only wait and see. But I personally and honestly can't see this "big announcement" being any other potential project other than shenmue and like you said if it does turn out to be something else entirely then they should of corrected the initial articles before they gained traction and people's expectations believing it to be shenmue. Let's just see what happens hopefully it could be any day now we'll get something. 🤞

It’s weird they basically “confirmed” Shenmue IV so easily on Instagram, then played with us for a month. Maybe they’re wondering why we didn’t just take them at their word the first time!?

Btw, I completely agree with Spaghetti. I don’t know how Sega licenses work, though they seem pretty willing to license to anyone lately,but Shenmue is still a huge IP even if it under performs. It makes headlines. Red Goes Faster may be awesome, but Shenmue IV has a built-in advantage a new IP doesn’t.

I am intrigued by a narrative single player racer, but I wonder how good the racing is if the focus isn’t on multiplayer. I’m currently imagining an adventure-oriented game (free roam, typical open world) with action that takes place on the race course. If it has nothing to do with YS well… A racing game seems like a tough step up from Shenmue 3, honestly. I feel like the research to make a solid racer on next Gen consoles may be a little outside their grasp. F355 is quite some years back. Personally, I'm pretty sure, though I'm often wrong, this one's a stretch unless they brought in YS to do a 'love triangle adventure' game with an interesting twist, perhaps with additional development help for the racer. Seems tough to buy right now, though.

Last edited:
Could be a rebranding the apple convenience store? 🍎 The banana is just saying it's a long slippery process but we'll make it work 🤣💪

In Red Goes Faster, players will take on the role of Leon Garcia, an aspiring young racer who takes part in intergalactic races by day and explores his home planet of Keplar by night. Players will spend their time between races visiting a rich variety of establishments where they will hang out with Leon’s friends and find themselves trying to untangle a complicated love triangle.
I can absolutely see Shenmue gameplay fitting perfectly with this description, aside from the racer, but it's tough to believe YS can develop a AAA racing game the way things currently stand. Red Herring Goes Faster, imo. Conditionally debunked.

I was actually believing something Shenmue IV-related was coming, but now it seems that 101 Industries was just having fun teasing us over nothing, that's quite sad.

and to extent they are still teasing, liking and hinting things when anything is mentioned. I mean their latest likes was during shenmue day. They are well aware of what they have been doing, to me doing these little things are not just by "coincidence" anymore...they know what they are doing. I agree they have had countless opportunitys, chances and openings to just blow the flame out but rather did the opposite and fanned it. They are capable of responses, retorts and replies to everyone from journalists, partners and fans they've proved this but when the question of shenmue is brought up they go tight lipped, the behaviour alone just speaks volumes. I for one am aware a new anime interview is coming (confirmed by the japanese animation twitter account) and im very curious & interested in seeing if they attempt to drop something else on that day its shared. it's been 3 weeks tomorrow since the banana & apple tease they can't go back on that now even if they tried to because its already out there & people wont let them forget on twitter. This certainly was not fans imaginations running wild about a possible shenmue IV this was a company igniting the flames & people wanting to see it.

Well the fact they were quick to dispel some of the other rumors, leads me to believe that it has to be Shenmue IV or a Shenmue game of some sort. I don't think they would like Shenmue tweets for no reason, but that's just me.

Well the fact they were quick to dispel some of the other rumors, leads me to believe that it has to be Shenmue IV or a Shenmue game of some sort. I don't think they would like Shenmue tweets for no reason, but that's just me.
No no I absolutely agree with you 100 per cent. :) Like I've said in previous post, their behaviour speaks volumes especially when being vocal about everything else other than a potential big rumour that's linked to your company. The whole thing is suspicious and if this was meant to be how do you say top secret? Then they may have messed up because of their own actions and activities online... No matter how we speculate here, do guesswork and theorise about the many possibilities it all points to none other than... shenmue.

The situation with Red Goes Faster having an as-of-yet unnamed developer goes both ways when trying to see where it fits into all of this.

A lot of it, as described, fits into Yu Suzuki's wheelhouse. I don't feel it's especially beyond YsNet's capacity either (2024 release date means a minimum of three years cooking), but I don't understand the purpose of the secrecy. Why announce Red Goes Faster last year at all without a developer, while having Yu Suzuki open your TGS showcase, if you're going to tie the two together later?

The decision could make sense later based on information not yet available to us, but right now I don't see it, which basically reverts to my earlier post about why Shenmue IV makes more sense than a new IP.

i am not sure if part of this could lead to anything related or he will just casually talk about Sony's plans for the Playstation brand.
EDIT: oh never mind it's just an annual business segment for SONY Corp.

Last edited:
If the anime doesn't titillate any new potential publishers I wonder if Yu Suzuki might consider an arcade game (For example, a 3D streets of rage-esque with QTEs and cutscenes) that covers S4.

3 things make me think this is a logical option (again, assuming prior-mentioned lack of titillation)-

1) Suzuki-san can pull off kick-ass arcade games like no one else.
2) Every time Suzuki-san is asked about S4 he says it needs to appeal to a broader audience, which makes me think we won't get S3 ver2 for S4 anyway, plus if the anime has shown us anything, it's that the fanbase/new fans are fine with a faster pacing.
3) It might be better taking further profitable steps instead of trying to break the bank for a game (S4) that won't even be the end of the series and might ultimately fail to charm a new audience or potential investors for S5.

P.S Don't make me say titillation again - although I totally will as it's a great word - I want a huge and awesome S4+S5 just like everyone else.

Last edited:
Yes. Because in the end Shenmue has a lot of things in common with a Point & Click tbh, so I pretty sure Yu could deliver some of the best modern Point Click
Personal opinion - so please don't take offense - but I would rather watch a full youtube playthrough for free than pay for that. Also, the complaints when comparing S3 to the originals were tough, I'm not sure I could handle listening to the comparison to a point-and-click.

It's not that I particularly dislike point-and-click games either - in fact some of my favourite games are in that genre - I guess Shenmue has just spoiled me.

Personally, I'd prefer - fully fledged>action arcade(voiced)>anime>manga>nothing.

Last edited:
Back