An annoucement about shenmue is coming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"fun, kinda unexpected"
"people who care about Shenmue and it's story"

That screams Manga/Novel to me and not Shenmue IV, why else would he emphasise "story"?

At most, I can see a telltale-esque adventure game, which is a better than a manga, but honestly anything other than Shenmue IV will bum me out considerably.

Taking bets. What do you guys think it will be? You get one guess

We'll figure something out for the winner

I'm going with Shenmue 4

555483-image10.jpg

I think it's a bit early to announce to Shenmue IV, Yu was looking for a partner a few months ago. But who knows...

If it's something "fun", then I'll bet for a mobile game / app, gacha style (and I hope it's not).

Taking bets. What do you guys think it will be? You get one guess

We'll figure something out for the winner

I'm going with Shenmue 4

555483-image10.jpg

I'm going all in with Shenmue 4 as well.

He says its not a port of Shenmue 3, nor the Steam/GOG versions, but something brand new. We all know Suzuki intended to start a new video game project in 2020, and he's mentioned Shenmue 4 enough times in various interviews this year to suggest that's his next game.

Announcing that the story is being canned for a manga is hardly "fun" news for fans of the story, and I can see this being "unexpected" because its happening so soon after Shenmue 3. To me, this all points to Shenmue 4.

If this is not Shenmue 4, then I will publicly admit to @Truck_1_0_1_ that Lara Croft sucks and I am an idiot for liking her games.

Probably a side-story manga, maybe something to do with Baisha. That's my uneducated guess.

So many fans were disappointed in the combat in Shenmue 3 and as we all know Yu Suzuki was the mastermind behind Virtua Fighter.

It would be a real left field turn, but I wouldn't mind a brand new pure fighting game based on the Shenmue franchise developed by Yu Suzuki. It could be 2D or 3D, I really wouldn't care, but I could imagine it being really fun, even if it were a budget title.

Here's my ideas for modes:

- Arcade Mode
- Story Mode (plays through various scenarios from Shenmue 1, 2 and 3)
- Mission Mode
- Lan Di Survival mode (a battle against an invincible Lan Di, the player must last as long as they can until their health reaches zero)
- Online and offline multiplayer
- Training

Shenmue IV? Too early?

Then what if it's the Baisha chapter added in a new GOTY edition? That would be the best news second only to Shenmue IV announcement.

I really hope it's not other merchandise or books.

I'll be livid if it's a novel, I don't want Shenmue to breakaway from the Game format - The Side story comics are very minor.

I also think it is too early for a Shenmue IV announcement, if anything I'm expecting an Xbox One Complete Edition - I'd certainly welcome a Director's Cut Edition with more content :)

I'll be livid if it's a novel, I don't want Shenmue to breakaway from the Game format - The Side story comics are very minor.

I also think it is too early for a Shenmue IV announcement, if anything I'm expecting an Xbox One Complete Edition - I'd certainly welcome a Director's Cut Edition with more content :)

He already said it's not a Shenmue 3 port. It's something else. What though? I think signs are pointing towards some kind of manga, comic, adaptation or spin off game unfortunately.

I am terrified about a manga/anime thing, that would kill me.

Crazy idea: Shenmue VR

It doesn't have to be "to continue" the story... it could be an adaption that retells and expands upon the existing story.

Edit: Or it could be something that adds to the lore, by focusing on Iwao's history or other character's stories and histories.

I'm going all in with Shenmue 4 as well.

He says its not a port of Shenmue 3, nor the Steam/GOG versions, but something brand new. We all know Suzuki intended to start a new video game project in 2020, and he's mentioned Shenmue 4 enough times in various interviews this year to suggest that's his next game.

Announcing that the story is being canned for a manga is hardly "fun" news for fans of the story, and I can see this being "unexpected" because its happening so soon after Shenmue 3. To me, this all points to Shenmue 4.

If this is not Shenmue 4, then I will publicly admit to @Truck_1_0_1_ that Lara Croft sucks and I am an idiot for liking her games.
:LOL:

Remember, SHE doesn't suck as a character and the games aren't terrible games, they're just both overrated ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back