Big Merry Cruise DLC releases on March 17th

Why does that side quest have to be so random again... And we'd could all use those Big Wheel strats.

Why does that side quest have to be so random again... And we'd could all use those Big Wheel strats.
If you save before sleeping, you can reset the daily games by reloading and sleeping again.

Edit: 23 fucking days. I’m sorry, but this is absolutely terrible design. I shouldn’t have to wait 23 in game days to be able to play something that I’ve paid money for.

I’m guessing that it’s down to randomly selected events and me being incredibly unlucky, but there is absolutely no reason that this should be random. The game has a daily cycle which could very easily have scheduled which games would be featured on any given day of the in-game week.

It took me about 30+ minutes of repeatedly reloading and sleeping to reset the games, but had I not ‘cheated’ and actually played the game, it would have taken me 23 hours.

I’d almost go as far as to say I was enjoying my time with this DLC before this in spite of the grindy nature of it, but this well and truly left a sour taste. Like the story DLC (which, tbf, I enjoyed a little more this time around while completing it again in tandem with BMC to mop up the trophies), it was poorly implemented.

Last edited:
What's the deal with the poster and the moveable pallet beside it. A stowaway on the boat or something?

The Wheel Spin tactic is:

First off, ignore the fact that the wheel spins many times.

If you need the wheel to spin half-way ONCE clockwise, try and get 50% up the bar (and by that logic, if you need it to go a quarter way round, try and get 25% up the bar).

EDIT: THIS IS WRONG. IGNORE IT! Oops! Sorry I thought I had it!

Last edited:
The Wheel Spin tactic is:

First off, ignore the fact that the wheel spins many times.

If you need the wheel to spin half-way ONCE clockwise, try and get 50% up the bar (and by that logic, if you need it to go a quarter way round, try and get 25% up the bar).

By extension, when you DO get a prize, next time hit it at the top of the bar for a complete cycle and another prize.
I did something similar but perhaps a little more crude.

I found 3 or 4 spots on the wheel that I could hit consistently and measured the impact that those spins had (ie, more forward an eighth, move backwards a quarter, etc). From there I’d do a random spin and then use the spots I’d practiced to move to (or in come cases, closer to) the prize.

The first few took quite a while but the last 4/5 ended up being relatively simple.

Hello anyone? Any ideas how I get this to show up on PS4? 12 EST (was the time the DLC showed up with Battle Rally/Story Quest). Not showing up anywhere.

so, uh, where do you find the child? lol

edit: nevermind, didn't realise you had to ask around :p

Last edited:
I found a big wheel tactic that worked for me.

first spin the wheel randomly
wait for it to slow down
then press start/option to cancel the wheel spin when the arrow is on the right side of the bonus spot
spin the wheel with the power VERY SLIGHTLY above the middle point
It should land right back on the bonus spot

Through with it now. Weird to have Shenmue III at 100% trophies after all this time. Feels done, feels kinda empty.

The DLC wasn't quite what the name had made me think but I left that though behind a while ago anyway. For what it was, it was alright. At least it is properly integrated and something you can just visit without a hassle during the story.
It's a shame there is literaly nothing new in there but the bit of story they added what working well enough. Found the sidequest to be a lot more engaging and that fat brat really made me laugh. Genuinely funny stuff.

I liked the sidequests, I like that aspect of Shenmue of going to regular places people don't go in normal life.
The core of the DLC was meh.
Really liked the cheesy cutscenes with the boy.
The game softcrashed after winning a roll it on top match (maybe because I was using a trainer).

Back