Collecting herbs. Has anyone got a trophy yet?

I stumbled on to all but one side quest in Bailu on my first playthrough through dumb luck...I was just exploring and somehow managed to get 9 out of 10 in Bailu on my frist.

Chobu was a different story. I only got 5 on my first playthrough (that's where I need a guide)

I'm on my second playthrough now trying to clean up trophies. Side quests, herbs, money, fishing, tokens etc

Still got a ways to go though.

I will be happy to provide help, first thing make sure to complete 10 sub quests and choose fishing spot in 2 of them as reward to unlock all spots in bailu for fishing. collect all herbs in bailu and hit the high score in all machines QTE, boxing one, and the hummer.

for Niawou there is 15 sub quests needed for good karma trophy the last one in the old castle NOT counted toward the trophy. again make sure to choose fishing spot if any option for reward. hit the high score in every possible machine in Niawou.

for fishing it's kinda grind you have to spend 12-15 hour fishing about 20-25 days in game time. the best place is beside Shiling shrine you can easily hit 19 fish per rent. X2 in 1 day = 38 fish per day. capsules and skill book all alvailabe in Niawou don't worry about bailu.

i discovered a secret area before the final fight which is a garden with huge amount of herbs wonder why it's there in first place.

View attachment 6002

Can you elaborate on where this hidden area is?
Is it after you left with the boat?
I tried for ages to get out of the map there. I saw there is stuff in the grass, and even horse stance things and shit, but I can't figure out how to get there. The obvious way I see is using the stairs from the wall after you meet Niao Sun, but it's impossible to use the stairs during the multi battle there.

Also for subquests: Do you need to get all 25 again on NG+ or do the previous quests you completed count and can be skipped?

And it seems I missed a fishing spot in Niaowu. I found 11, which one did I miss?

- 2x Port
- 3x Dock
- 1x Vendor Avenue
- 3x Scenary Road
- 2x Blossom Road

Also for subquests: Do you need to get all 25 again on NG+ or do the previous quests you completed count and can be skipped?

And it seems I missed a fishing spot in Niaowu. I found 11, which one did I miss?

- 2x Port
- 3x Dock
- 1x Vendor Avenue
- 3x Scenary Road
- 2x Blossom Road
I didn’t find them all, but off the top of my head, I found 2 behind the warehouse, 2 on the shrine platform, 3 along the waterfront, one to the left of the shrine and 1/2 behind the Save Shenmue building.

I can confirm now the following:-

1- The trophies related to herbs are NOT glitched. SIMPLY 100% herbs of both areas on the same save file.

2- subquests herbs NOT counted toward the trophy. the herbs for related subquests usually will be as an item not as a herb in the inventory.

Happy hunting.

View attachment 6013
Well done!

Quick question, do you remember when the Bailu Village trophy popped?

I've completed all 10 requests but don't have it. Does it pop when you finish the story in Bailu?

And finally are any move scrolls or capsules missable? I want to make sure I have everything before leaving Bailu!

Congrats again on the platinum!

I didn’t find them all, but off the top of my head, I found 2 behind the warehouse, 2 on the shrine platform, 3 along the waterfront, one to the left of the shrine and 1/2 behind the Save Shenmue building.

Thanks, man. That helped. Missed the second one behind the shrine.

Here is my full list of all 12 Fishing Spots in Naiowu:

[Port]
1. Behind Ferry Terminal
2. Behind Warehouse (Hidden)

[Vendor Avenue]
3. On the small coast.

[Blossom Streete]
4. Behind Save Shenmue Building
5. Behind Save Shenmue Building

[Fisherman Dock]
6. On the first pier. (coming from vendor avenue)
7. On the second pier.
8. On the third pier.

[Senary Road]
9. Right of shrine
10. Left of shrine
11. Behind first part of the shrine building
12. Behind the second part of shrine building (Hidden)

And finally are any move scrolls or capsules missable? I want to make sure I have everything before leaving Bailu!

Capsules and Move scrolls are not missable in Bailu. You can literally just buy all move scrolls but 4 (I think), and those don't require anything from Bailu.
And all capsule toy machines from Bailu also exist in Niaowu.

[Port]
1. Behind Ferry Terminal

[Vendor Avenue]
3. On the small coast.

[Blossom Streete]

[Fisherman Dock]
7. On the second pier.
8. On the third pier.

[Senary Road]
9. Right of shrine
10. Left of shrine

Capsules and Move scrolls are not missable in Bailu. You can literally just buy all move scrolls but 4 (I think), and those don't require anything from Bailu.
Thanks that's good to know. Do you know how many Capsule sets there are in total? I know there are at least 8:

Tennis
Sports balls
Shenmue 1
Shoes
Gems
Fire fighting
Fishing Lures
Forklift/diggers

I've only got the boots from the 'shoes' set at the moment.

Can they all be found in machines in Niaowu or are some quest specific rewards?

Had no luck even with the 2 videos.
I played via Remote Play, put the video on one side and the game on the other and followed every herb location.
There was nothing, I already picked.
I am now eager waiting for a video of the other two maps.

What came to my mind, after reading something about herbs respawning after sleeping:
Does it make sense to sleep 3 or 4 times consecutively at Shenmua‘s house to make the herbs reappear and THEN follow the videos again?

Had no luck even with the 2 videos.
I played via Remote Play, put the video on one side and the game on the other and followed every herb location.
There was nothing, I already picked.
I am now eager waiting for a video of the other two maps.

What came to my mind, after reading something about herbs respawning after sleeping:
Does it make sense to sleep 3 or 4 times consecutively at Shenmua‘s house to make the herbs reappear and THEN follow the videos again?
Now that you mention after constantly reloading a night time save to look in the dark it was after I slept and went looking in the morning with the video that mine popped. However I can easily see how it missed it, hidden behind a Bush. I'm sure that some I found before then had definitely popped up after I'd searched the area. All speculation though. Maybe try sleeping for a few days then start combing again. I also sold a lot of my herbs before finding the last one but again I've got no idea if this made a difference

There's exactly 30 capsule sets in the game. You find 29 of these machines in Niaowu and the last one at the Castle area.

[Port]
1. Behind Ferry Terminal

[Vendor Avenue]
3. On the small coast.

[Blossom Streete]

[Fisherman Dock]
7. On the second pier.
8. On the third pier.

[Senary Road]
9. Right of shrine
10. Left of shrine

This isn’t true. There are three missable scrolls that require move scrolls that require items only obtainable in Bailu. Make sure you have the magnifying glass, the red radio and the blue dragon vase (quest reward) before leaving Bailu.

This isn’t true. There are three missable scrolls that require move scrolls that require items only obtainable in Bailu. Make sure you have the magnifying glass, the red radio and the blue dragon vase (quest reward) before leaving Bailu.
Oh sorry then. Thought I got all these items in Niaowu. Good to know.

GOT IT!!!
Slept one more time and picked up 2 licorice, that were on the path downwards from Shenhua‘s house.

I swear, they were NOT there the day before!
Everybody struggling with this trophy and searched every inch of the map, sleep once or twice the look for respawned herbs!

I will be happy to provide help, first thing make sure to complete 10 sub quests and choose fishing spot in 2 of them as reward to unlock all spots in bailu for fishing. collect all herbs in bailu and hit the high score in all machines QTE, boxing one, and the hummer.

for Niawou there is 15 sub quests needed for good karma trophy the last one in the old castle NOT counted toward the trophy. again make sure to choose fishing spot if any option for reward. hit the high score in every possible machine in Niawou.

for fishing it's kinda grind you have to spend 12-15 hour fishing about 20-25 days in game time. the best place is beside Shiling shrine you can easily hit 19 fish per rent. X2 in 1 day = 38 fish per day. capsules and skill book all alvailabe in Niawou don't worry about bailu.

Are there any herbs that can only be found at night or after certain dates in Bailu? I've been scowering for the last three in game days...I'm still finding the odd ones here and there...but I was wondering if there are any that are only available at night or after certain dates?

I made a savegame (PS4 Europe, CUSA12257) right in front of the last herb. Just pick it and the trophy pops.

I‘m on NG+ with 13.000 Yuan, 100.000 Tokens, all availible capsule toys collected, all moves mastered, all fishing spots in Bailu, all subquests done and nothing left to do in Bailu.
I also have the blue dragon vase, the magnifying glass and the red radio in the inventory.
All you have to do is, go to the bell tower and solve the riddle.

I don‘t know if I‘m allowed to upload or offer it via PM.
Can a moderator/admin answer ?

View attachment 1575032506402_Bailu 1.jpg
For anyone that is interested, here are the maps to all the herbs I found in order to get the bailu trophy. All the green dots were available from the start of the game. The blue dots are ones that spawned at a later date, however, I do not know if the spawning locations is random. Ignore the 4 black dots, as they are the mushrooms for Kong Mei's quest.View attachment Bailu 2.jpg

View attachment 6015
For anyone that is interested, here are the maps to all the herbs I found in order to get the bailu trophy. All the green dots were available from the start of the game. The blue dots are ones that spawned at a later date, however, I do not know if the spawning locations is random. Ignore the 4 black dots, as they are the mushrooms for Kong Mei's quest.View attachment 6017
Thanks. Only 2 maps? Also, on map two, what’s the red dot with the question mark? I searched for that one and found nothing.

Bailu 30002.jpgBailu 4.jpg

Sorry, I had to rescan maps 3 and 4 as they were too big. They're not the best quality as I had to take a photo of them with my phone as no one on the net had taken images of them yet. The question marks were because I only found licorice or Jujube at those red dots. At the time, we thought that the respawning herbs did not count; now we know different. Hence why I have scrawled the name of some of the herbs I found on map 1 beside the dots, as I initially thought that they were non-respawing herbs that had been missed of the maps. It took me until april 10th on a brand new game to get them all; 191 in total.

Back