Did you know? Shenmue Edition

If you race enough in duck racing, I believe you can race a penguin. I think you have to first win against the mallard and her young first, however.
Has anyone ever beaten that penguin? I heard it's near impossible

Did you know, the front of the bus capsule toy reads Paseo to Zema, two fictional places in the Phantasy Star series. In Phantasy Star 2, the main character, Rolf, travels from Paseo to Zema.

I didn't know this!

Did you know that if you fail the 70 Man Battle, Ryo will take less damage from hits on the second attempt?

^ Well then...

Did you know that after just 4 defeats, at least against the first few enemies, Ryo will become completely invincible?
Sounds like an idea for a video, dude :D

You can already see it "in action" in the video where I fight the 3 bosses at once. That's where I discovered this by accident.

Reactions: arh
Wow. I'm legitimately amazed at some of these.

I still consider Shenmue to be my all-time favorite game and I didn't know a fair amount of these. Very interesting.

Great thread!

Did you know you can visit Natsumi Sakuragi the fortune teller at Lapis who can give you info on a lucky number for the day that can help Ryo in his gambling addition at the Slot House.

latest

That’ll explain why you can’t do certain things in the game until certain points. Imagine if you could win enough money in the first part of the game and actually afford the first ticket to Hong Kong?

Did you know that if you don't learn the move double.blow early in Shenmue 1, during a qte against the mad angels Ryo will use an alternative move to replace it

Did you know that if you don't learn the move double.blow early in Shenmue 1, during a qte against the mad angels Ryo will use an alternative move to replace it
Are you referring to the QTE battle with the sailors after one of them beats up Goro? In which case, Double Blow is replaced with a pretty damn sweet punch to the gut. The guy pretty much melts from Ryo's fist after the punch :D

Are you referring to the QTE battle with the sailors after one of them beats up Goro? In which case, Double Blow is replaced with a pretty damn sweet punch to the gut. The guy pretty much melts from Ryo's fist after the punch :D
That's the one

Back