General Shenmue & Shenmue II talk

Oh man, the first person glitch now hit me after the first day of work on Xbox. Was also listening to a cassette when the shift ended.
Saving right then and restarting the game repaired it thankfully.

Oh man, the first person glitch now hit me after the first day of work on Xbox. Was also listening to a cassette when the shift ended.
Saving right then and restarting the game repaired it thankfully.
Entering a building like the tomato convenience store fixes it too

It didn't help when I went into Alpha Trading, that's why I immediately went for the reset.
Ah damn. It happened twice to me and entering tomato mart fixed it both times.

Encountered my first real bugs in the game today on PS4 Pro. Cutscenes glitched out upon exiting the Hazuki basement, followed by numerous audio glitches in Dobuita, Amihama and the Dojo.

Really glad those patches are being worked on to be released ASAP. A lot of companies could have just chucked the game out there with an "Oh well, at least you have it now" mentality at $30, but you can tell they really want to make it the definitive versions.

They’re basically getting free labor from their customers. SEGA should not be commended for this.

So happy to be playing (during the vegetable cut scene there might have been a tear or two). Only bug so far was the kitty scene where the camera stayed focused on the shrine but with sounds, otherwise lovely and fabulous. PS4 digital version.

So I asked this earlier but didn't get a reply. I was watching a walk through on YouTube and noticed they had the border art on the sides that were present in the trailers.

Am I missing something? How do you turn them on? Because I've had black borders by default since I started playing last weekend, and I actually didn't think there was a way to switch the border art on.

So I asked this earlier but didn't get a reply. I was watching a walk through on YouTube and noticed they had the border art on the sides that were present in the trailers.

Am I missing something? How do you turn them on? Because I've had black borders by default since I started playing last weekend, and I actually didn't think there was a way to switch the border art on.
As far as i can recall those borders were added in post in video editing by SEGA to make the gameplay not look bland. I don't believe you can enable them.

As far as i can recall those borders were added in post in video editing by SEGA to make the gameplay not look bland. I don't believe you can enable them.
Yea that's what I thought. Odd that this person is playing the game with them on somehow

There's so much attention to small details in these re-releases. They even changed the logo on the 'Shenmue Container':
20180824224110_1.jpg

Tbh now im wondering. Why DID they alter the logo slightly for these re releases? Could it be another licensing issue with the font?

Tbh now im wondering. Why DID they alter the logo slightly for these re releases? Could it be another licensing issue with the font?
To make the "S" more readable, I'm guessing.

Just finished shenmue 1 again for the first time in years and had an amazing time what a game! haven’t played in years, past few days have made me realise why I fell in love with it in the first place. The only bug I hadn’t wasn’t ryos jacket clipping with the floor when sparring with fuku san this has felt like a definitive version of shenmue for me. Now onto shenmue 2!

Yea that's what I thought. Odd that this person is playing the game with them on somehow

It’s called editing. The YouTuber edited them into his video. They do it all the time with 4:3 native games.

Just finished shenmue 1 again for the first time in years and had an amazing time what a game! haven’t played in years, past few days have made me realise why I fell in love with it in the first place. The only bug I hadn’t wasn’t ryos jacket clipping with the floor when sparring with fuku san this has felt like a definitive version of shenmue for me. Now onto shenmue 2!

Spoke to soon won’t let me save my cleared data :(

Back