Kickstarter Update #102 - PC Gaming Show Update: New Trailer & Epic Games Store Exclusive for PC Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In hopes of explaining why EGS is so distrusted here is a reddit post where a user shows exactly what the program does behind the scenes while it's pretending to just be a harmless game store.

Don't get me wrong, it's not bricking computers or anything but I don't think any PC user wants someone randomly going through their files, registry, and internet cookies. Doubly so when the company in question spying is tencent who has connections to the Chinese government.

Edit: I just intended for that to be a link, not the post but oh well.

Should wait for clarification if backers still get Steam keys. So far all Deep Silver have done is direct people back to the KS, and the retail PC answer might be in relation to, well, versions you'll find on shelves.

Anyway, GIF from ERA. Making a few of my own.

y3TrGnQ.gif
Sweet!

This game has me so baffled.

Is there no way for us to contact Cedric Biscay directly and ask him WTF is going on?
We've been complaining to him about everything since 2015 and I'm afraid it's accomplished nothing. I believe he has very little control over anything to do with the game.

In hopes of explaining why EGS is so distrusted here is a reddit post where a user shows exactly what the program does behind the scenes while it's pretending to just be a harmless game store.

Don't get me wrong, it's not bricking computers or anything but I don't think any PC user wants someone randomly going through their files, registry, and internet cookies. Doubly so when the company in question spying is tencent who has connections to the Chinese government.

Edit: I just intended for that to be a link, not the post but oh well.
Just a quick fyi, Tim Sweeny already addressed this and most of the info in that post is no longer relevant.

And that's why they don't care about the negative publicity.

The trade-off was worth it to them.

And I don't blame anyone who's upset for being upset.

Everyone take a breather...more clarifications and rectifications will occur...chill...
Appreciate the optimism, but I wouldn't be so certain about a rectification. The deal has likely already been finalised and I don't think Deep Silver would legally be allowed to back out.

The sad thing about this is that games made on Unreal Engine actually get a better cut of profit by being on the Epic store. Those complaining might want to think about that.

I get why people are pissed. They were promised Steam and they’re not getting Steam. So I get it. But really? It’s just a fucking launcher people?

Still, it could have been worded better.
I'm only annoyed about the physical copy being just a code.

Metro Exodus was Epic exclusive on Pc and it made more money on Pc than on consoles
and it made more money than any other Metro game.

It is a good game that can be played the best way on the Pc. The game was Talking for it self. S3 can do the same. If the game is appealing to the pc gaming crowd it will prevail on the pc market.

Just a quick fyi, Tim Sweeny already addressed this and most of the info in that post is no longer relevant.
Do you have a link? I'd like to see how he dismissed it before deciding if it has merit or not. If he's just saying "no bro, it totally doesn't spy on you" then consider me pushing x to doubt because if the program can be shown doing something by a user then it's doing it.

People need to calm down. It's just a game launcher. 20 years ago, we didn't even have game launchers. It's not like you have to buy a special PC or console to play the game now.
That sounds very fan boy'ish of you.

People have a right to be upset. Many, many people, myself included, are against Epic because they view them as a solely profit driven and ethically unfit company who are very bad for the PC gaming industry. We pledged money on the basis that it would be on Steam.

I agree with others posting that this is a horrible decision and they need to clarify quickly that we will get keys for a Steam release, the exclusive being from day 1 for Epic.

Do you have a link? I'd like to see how he dismissed it before deciding if it has merit or not. If he's just saying "no bro, it totally doesn't spy on you" then consider me pushing x to doubt because if the program can be shown doing something by a user then it's doing it.
Yeah, no worries. Here you go:

Appreciate the optimism, but I wouldn't be so certain about a rectification. The deal has likely already been finalised and I don't think Deep Silver would legally be allowed to back out.

By that wager, if they had anything that suggested a Steam Copy was promised, they can't or shouldn't back out of refund requests.

In my opinion, as a manager and veteran in customer service, their best option to save the day is to probably honor those requests.

By that wager, if they had anything that suggested a Steam Copy was promised, they can't or shouldn't back out of refund requests.

In my opinion, as a manager and veteran in customer service, their best option to save the day is to probably honor those requests.
They may still hand out Steam keys to those who backed on KS. Deep Silver honoured the people who pre-ordered Metro on Steam so I'm hoping they do the same here.

They have to at least rectify for backers who were promised steam keys in the surveys...could help flip the PR issues back on the right track...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back