Kickstarter Update #102 - PC Gaming Show Update: New Trailer & Epic Games Store Exclusive for PC Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I did get worried when I went on the shenmue 3 page on the deep silver website and PC wasn't even an option. I think they're sorting everything out.

I am a consol player, maybe it is why I don't really get it (about steam and epic game store).

But I find it carzy, we have a new trailer of Shenmue 3, and 80% of the topics are about epic game store :oops:
Yes. And the trailer is actually really cool IMO. We can see they are still working on the lipsync but other than that is pure Shenmue goodness!!

I know a lot of people are comparing this to the Metro situation. But there are some key differences, no? Metro was a timed exclusive; it will be on Steam later this year. Nothing about this announcement indicates timed exclusivity. Second, those who pre-ordered Metro got what they ordered. However, I don't believe Steam ever generated keys for Shenmue 3, right? Therefore, I don't believe this game will be on Steam in any form, but I could be wrong.

It is crazy. This would be a good time for moderators to get things sorted out here.

Sort what? People's emotions? This was a very bad move, exacerbated by the fact there are now GIF images confirming Steam was an option for months, for years.

That being out in the wild shows they should honor those requests for Steam keys or copies. If they cannot, they should honor all refund requests that come in.

You cannot pull the bait and switch on people without repercussions.

I backed PS4, so I've no hat in this ring, but even I see the damage this has done.

Sort what? People's emotions? This was a very bad move, exacerbated by the fact there are now GIF images confirming Steam was an option for months, for years.

No, sort the separate topics into separate threads. There should be a place to discuss the content of the trailer without having the same handful of people going on about EGS. Likewise, there should be a place to discuss the EGS.

I'll see you guys in a few days. Going to take some time to enjoy the trailer and chill out. Got to resit the urge to argue with or mock those upset about the change from Steam to EGS.

I'll do the exact same thing. I'll come back either when YSNet clarifies the situation to calm everyone down or after a few days. Right now it's impossible to discuss the trailer.

I'll see you guys in a few days. Going to take some time to enjoy the trailer and chill out. Got to resit the urge to argue with or mock those upset about the change from Steam to EGS.

You know what's the worst ? Fellow people in the community shitting on us. Your money isn't better than mine. I'm a fan too. Yet, when I'm being let down, instead of working it with me and show to Deep Silver that this decision isn't good for the game, I'm met with mockery. This sucks.

So moderaters should remove people's reasonable concerns just to only show positive things? That's a yikes from me dawg.

No they wont be, and they will tell you themselves. Any sort of serious action will only be taken when its really absolutely necessary., and i do mean really necessary. The whole Epic issue i understand and will be trying our best to let people voice their concerns. We have no intention to stifle any debate or conversation. It is a major concern of fans & backers.

All we can do is just ask for a little bit of respect to others. If the hate is there for Deep Silver, Shibuya, or even YSNET, then so be it. But just because someone isn't as mad as you or not exactly on the same wavelength doesn't mean you can escalate into berating them on a public forum. People will have differing opinions, that is the way of it, and we will just try and make sure no one is made to feel like their opinion is worthless.

No, sort the separate topics into separate threads. There should be a place to discuss the content of the trailer without having the same handful of people going on about EGS. Likewise, there should be a place to discuss the EGS.
Understood. I've reaffirmed that the following thread is for discussion of the trailer only:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back