Kickstarter Update #102 - PC Gaming Show Update: New Trailer & Epic Games Store Exclusive for PC Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DUmMHjw.png

They went and fucked me. Over 200 dollars give to this project with my money, time, and patience and they went and fucked me.

slams fist on table

Refund.

DUmMHjw.png

They went and fucked me. Over 200 dollars give to this project with my money, time, and patience and they went and fucked me.

slams fist on table

Refund.
Look here dude, I'm going to give you one last chance to calm down alright? Nobody's saying you have to agree, or that you're not allowed to be upset. But this thread isn't for people to come and vent in.

Look here dude, I'm going to give you one last chance to calm down alright? Nobody's saying you have to agree, or that you're not allowed to be upset. But this thread isn't for people to come and vent in.

Is there a vent thread available then? Because I think this news deserves a place where people can vent.

I completely understand the reaction. I was looking forward to getting it on Steam after I got it for PS4. However, I, like many here, think it's wise for us, both as fans & supporters, to take a step back from all of this. That is, at least for a moment.

We all know there's a bunch of people online & in the gaming media that are hell-bent on taking this series down. As people who love Shenmue, and as people who appreciate the positive impact it has made on our lives, we should tread these shark-infested marketing waters carefully.

Yes, express your disagreement on the decision of Mr. Suzuki, YsNet & the rest (if that IS so.) But, at the same time, don't overreact & play into the hands of the haters. That kind of thing is their battery pack. We need SIII to be as successful as possible, regardless of its existent conditions.

They may still hand out Steam keys to those who backed on KS. Deep Silver honoured the people who pre-ordered Metro on Steam so I'm hoping they do the same here.
It's confirmed that everyone is getting a code for EGS, although it is strange. There are achievements for the steam version.

I'm only annoyed about the physical copy being just a code.
Physical PC Games have been a Code in a box, or a DVD that has a steam installer (alongside the code) for at least the last 6-7 years (On my shelf right now I have Battlefield 3 & Skyrim that are as above).

-----

PC is my main gaming platform (PS4 for Sony Exclusives) I get why people are pretty pissed off. Personally, it doesn't bother me to install another client (already use Stream, Uplay, GoG, Battle.net etc) and I'm not one to worry about all the privacy stuff, but but I understand that people do and hope that Deep Silver make a more in-depth comment on the situation, sooner rather than later.

At the same time, I'm very interested in the behind the scenes of all this.
A lot of people are saying that PC sales are now dead because of this move (we don't know that - Metro Exodus reportedly saw great sales even when it was the original target of the whole Epic Store drama), but even if they were, it still be logical in the long term.
Epic will have paid Deep Silver for this exclusively deal and at some point, it makes sense for the continuation/completion of the series, it just depends on how much money. The PC sales of Shenmue 3 will be a small percentage against that of the PS4, so if Epic Games says that they will give Deep Silver X Million dollars, eventually that number will start to outweigh the bad press (and also minimise the risk from low sales). It is something that we will likely never know, but Deep Silver/Ysnet might have thought about it, and the deal might have gone ahead to help the chances of Shenmue 4 and/or Shenmue 5.

No, there isn't. And there are no plans for one either. The Shenmue Dojo is not a place for people to come and shout into the void.
Sometimes people just need to vent their frustrations with other people. It can be healthy. If a vent thread gets posted, please don't take it down.

Calm down and wait a few days... I'm sure they can still recover from this.

I bought a PS4 for Shenmue III... In fact I know many did. I think it's a bit silly to boycott because it's releaing with a launcher you don't like as much on PC.

Regardless what I think though, YSNet will most likely have a fix for this, and soon.

The Steam page was up with the release date leak just a few days ago. I wonder how recent this decision was made.
Lol there is still a Steam page for Shenmue III. It's live you can go look at it now. Very nice.

The PC sales of Shenmue 3 will be a small percentage against that of the PS4
Maybe now they will but that was not my opinion before. PC is a bigger marketplace with more users who have a wider variety of tastes, I mean Shenmue III may do well on consoles but it's not the best looking game nor does it have the intense action most console users look for out of currently popular games like Fortnite or Call of Duty. In my opinion Shenmue's best chance was finding a strong audience on PC as PC users are more accepting of niche products that don't have the best graphics or the most skinner box styled gameplay.

Lol there is still a Steam page for Shenmue III. It's live you can go look at it now. Very nice.
Wasn't there recent activity by the devs that people could see through steam as well not too long ago? Plus those achievements like Willom said. It's all so strange. Either this deal is VERY recent, or pretty much no one on the team knew about it.

Wasn't there recent activity by the devs that people could see through steam as well not too long ago? Plus those achievements like Willom said. It's all so strange. Either this deal is VERY recent, or pretty much no one on the team knew about it.
The more I think about it, the more it confuses me. I don't know who said it, but someone suggested we all wait for an update to clarify all of this. Seems like a good idea to me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back