Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wanted to point out the hypocrisy but understands that it would be detrimental to Shenmue.
No, I was genuinely curious to see how he would justify it honestly. Watching mental gymnastics is usually pretty fun. I just don't want anyone attacking him for it or anything because I don't sink as low as him, and he blocked me so I can't ask him myself lmfao. But now that you mention it, no publicity is bad publicity. Watching Corey fight off a bunch of "alt right trolls" who dare question him might bring in a ton of fresh SJW fans...

Yeah but please don't do that...

In the last month or so, several people in the UK (some of them local to myself) have received threatening phone calls over tweets, for suggesting that gender isn't real. The two most high-profile cases are Harry Miller and Margaret Nelson.

The police made comments like saying "we need to check your thinking" and strongly suggesting that the comments in question were removed, despite admitting in both cases that no crime had been committed. Why are the police harassing people for not committing a crime, especially when crime rates in these areas are increasing?

In the last month or so, several people in the UK (some of them local to myself) have received threatening phone calls over tweets, for suggesting that gender isn't real. The two most high-profile cases are Harry Miller and Margaret Nelson.

The police made comments like saying "we need to check your thinking" and strongly suggesting that the comments in question were removed, despite admitting in both cases that no crime had been committed. Why are the police harassing people for not committing a crime, especially when crime rates in these areas are increasing?

That's actually a really scary and dangerous position to be in as a citizen. Tyranny is very real and I hope the great people of the UK wake up before it's too late.

I mean, in what way?

Their claims were that biological sex is a thing and psychological gender is not.

But that's irrelevant really, making any similar claim either way is not something that requires police investigation.

Their claims were that biological sex is a thing and psychological gender is not.

But that's irrelevant really, making any similar claim either way is not something that requires police investigation.
Oh I misread, I thought you meant other people were threatening those who made the suggestions and the police got involved. Isn't it illegal to write "hate speech" and such in those countries? That could explain it...

Oh I misread, I thought you meant other people were threatening those who made the suggestions and the police got involved. Isn't it illegal to write "hate speech" and such in those countries? That could explain it...
But who defines so-called 'hate speech'? I'll tell you: it is those who you wouldn't want to define it.

But who defines so-called 'hate speech'? I'll tell you: it is those who you wouldn't want to define it.
Oh I agree, hate speech laws are a cancer. I'm just wondering if that's why the cops got involved...

1) Speech should be absolutely unregulated by law. However, each conscience should freely choose to regulate its own speech to be both logical and compassionate at all times, because failing that will always land you in unnecessary conflicts.

2) Humans are very specific complex combinations of hardware and software. These sides don't always harmonize, and each side and/or both combined malfunction in trillions of different ways in every single person, of which only a few hundred aggregated patterns of predictable variations manifest on the social level at this time in human history, and that fact is not not real.

3) The 50/50 balance between logic and compassion never steers a person wrong, and there is a specific number nobody knows -- the critical mass of persons who, if they achieve that balance, will thereby save the world.

Oh I agree, hate speech laws are a cancer. I'm just wondering if that's why the cops got involved...
If what one says or thinks is found to be, or even considered, offensive, the police will come knocking. That is the rule of thumb.

Unless the material concerns straight white males - then people essentially have carte blanche.

I really like Donald Trump as president.

Fite me irl.

Why? "Really like"? How are you benefiting from this administration?

I was hoping to get something like Trump when I voted for my president, he ended up being a Hillary. :(

Weird, wishing any other country to have Trump as a leader is a cruel wish. I have no idea how Hillary would've been, but Trump is a bit of a disaster in my opinion. He's not Jimmy Carter levels of disaster to be slightly fair, but let's not treat him like Reagan for goodness sake.

Weird, wishing any other country to have Trump as a leader is a cruel wish. I have no idea how Hillary would've been, but Trump is a bit of a disaster in my opinion. He's not Jimmy Carter levels of disaster to be slightly fair, but let's not treat him like Reagan for goodness sake.

Really, we hoped he was the guy that lowered taxes, started having stronger border security, make cuts to the goverment, open the economy and be tougher with police intervention.
We got none of that, we just got rid of another populist that is slightly better than the old one (and in some cases even worse).

Why do you think Trump is such a bad president ? Apart from his unprofesional sheenanigans, all the economic factors seems like gave a boost to the economy all around, and for someone that made 5 million jobs in a couple of years, the inflation is actually stupidly low (the main critique of leftists).
I do understand he's an incredible weird guy, and not a fan a populist speech (though, politics in democracy tend to that) but as policies go, I'd be quite happy to trade presidents in a whim.

Did you really link me to this site? The Washington Examiner? A site known to have a clear right wing bias?

Here let me help out with a less bias one.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37982000

Besides "keeping promises" is a very flawed way to indicate that a leader is positively benefiting a country. For an extreme example if say that a promise was made to decrease funding for cash strapped education by 90 percent and delivered it, would that really be a good thing for the benefit of our country?

Did you really link me to this site? The Washington Examiner? A site known to have a clear right wing bias?

Here let me help out with a less bias one.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37982000

Besides "keeping promises" is a very flawed way to indicate that a leader is positively benefiting a country. For an extreme example if say that a promise was made to decrease funding for cash strapped education by 90 percent and delivered it, would that really be a good thing for the benefit of our country?
The bias of the website I linked to is irrelevant, as is your link in general by your own admission. I was just trying to find a list of Trump's accomplishments, and while the bias from that site certainly adds some padding, it's not like the list is all bullshit. You can't blame me for not being able to dig up articles from left leaning sites that refuse to write positive news about trump...

Here's another one if you'd like straight from the horse's mouth, or bull's ass, whichever you prefer...
https://www.whitehouse.gov/trump-administration-accomplishments/\

Just claiming bias isn't enough to dismiss facts, they're there dude...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back