Project Update #119: MAGIC KYOTO 2019: Participation Info

Well that was... kinda pointless tbh. At least for us who are used to the demo

It's a reminder of just how good the Japanese track is :D

Yeah, can't help but be a little bummed that there was nothing new here though. But to be fair, they never advertised a new trailer being here, I guess. So it's all on our expectations.

Still, you think this would have been a good place to drop a launch trailer two weeks out.

Oh well, will wait for the next Yu Suzuki video on Friday...we'll be sure to see something new from that.

I've just translated what Ryo said in this conversation:

"Hey, do you know the way to a fucking different area of this game? I've literally been wandering around this tiny village for about a year now"
Ah, but that tiny area had more content than a whole freaking Witcher 3, or AC Odyssey, or so many more. More than an entire Yakuza 1! They spewed BS about it being 1/4th of the game. Fine, but other games are 1/4th of it! Or even less in some cases.

The music is so beautiful as ever
I'm just wondering, I played Russificator version of 1&2 here in the U.S. at one point. It was full of glaring mistakes, but it was there. When did you guys get it? Soon after 2001? I played it on PC, did you all get it on DC somehow back then? Modified GDROMs? I'm just wondering.

2frrQg2.png

This shit looks painful.

I'm amazed by the amount of people that sound like they're already fed up with Bailu Village, I can't wait to explore the area, makes me sort of glad I didn't over indulge in the backer demo. While I do agree it would have been nice to see another 2-5 min segment of gameplay within there.

Oh well. I really didnt want to see new footage anyways with the game so close.
I want to hear him talk about it, and understand it. Too much was shown already. Too much BS was said by him years prior that scared me to death, only the demo played dispelled it. I guess he was saying the BS before Deep Silver backed him, and he was able to implement a new fighting engine. I'd so love if he went into it at length what exactly the Steam-heads would have gotten only for their poultry 7 million, and no extra cash from 3rd parties added. Maybe he should do that after launch, show his 2016 work.

Didnt Cedric post on Twitter that Magic was going to be epic for Shenmue III? Surely there is more to come?

Yes. Yes, he did.

I love Cedric and appreciate everything he has done for Shenmue, but he needs tp realise Magic is an amateur-fest and stop hyping it as if its E3. He's like the Lib Dems thinking they're going to form a Government and that Jo Swinson will be Prime Minister in December.

I'm amazed by the amount of people that sound like they're already fed up with Bailu Village, I can't wait to explore the area, makes me sort of glad I didn't over indulge in the backer demo. While I do agree it would have been nice to see another 2-5 min segment of gameplay within there.
I think it’s more that the game is less than 2 weeks away and somehow they’ve never managed to show anything beyond a little slice of town. Pretty weird, but hey, I guess we are all being given a chance to enjoy a lot of surprises or they’re hiding the fact the game isn’t complete and are about to release Shenmue 3: Bailu and are three years away from giving us the rest and the new controversy is about to begin.....(just kidding)

It's not so much that we're fed up rather we're surprised it's all they're willing to show. There is so much we haven't seen yet, but that one area keeps being shown over and over.

As @Reprise said, with two weeks out, surely there's more you could show from the final build without going overboard with it. At least for final marketing purposes.

On the one hand, I am happy there is still so much we have yet to see as it will make exploration in the final game all that much more of a joy...but still, can't help but wonder why not show off more from the final build for the sake of final marketing push.

Last edited:
I used to do that and more, I can't do crap now though. They do gymnastics at 15 or 16, at 20 they are no good for the big tournaments. You should see how they can bend themselves. I did some of it, but never on their level.

Yeah my sister used to do that shit all the time as a kid.

I think it’s more that the game is less than 2 weeks away and somehow they’ve never managed to show anything beyond a little slice of town. Pretty weird, but hey, I guess we are all being given a chance to enjoy a lot of surprises or they’re hiding the fact the game isn’t complete and are about to release Shenmue 3: Bailu and are three years away from giving us the rest and the new controversy is about to begin.....(just kidding)
I think, given how it all works so far, you cast a line, you see a meter 2 lines coming together, if you click right in the center you get a good catch. He also went into using the best lures from capsule toys, and renting the best rods. My dad would have loved this way more than I will LOL. He tried to get me into RL fishing, I'm just not that type. I enjoyed it in Zelda and Dark Cloud though.

Back