Project Update #119: MAGIC KYOTO 2019: Participation Info

Is there something like crazy time at MAGIC Kyoto? Crazy time was where the Ryo & Master trailer was shown at MAGIC Monaco.

It may be to much to ask ( budget ) but I would love the fishing mini game to be like Sega bass fishing. Many games just don't get fishing right or make it fun ( looking at you FF15 ).

Make it like SBF2 or SMF and then we're talking.

Get Bass/SBF was mediocre to death and not that stellar.

I'm not sure what people expect from Cédric. He's a fan like us but he has a business to run. If he's managed to get some Shenmue involvement at MAGIC it's for the purpose of attracting interest in the event and by extension his company. If you're watching Monday Night Raw the week before a pay-per-view, they don't close out the show by saying "Tune in this Sunday, there'll be wrestling! It'll be pretty good! Better than watching paint dry!" His job is to tell you everything about the occasion will be fantastic and unmissable. And I'm sure he did the best he could to make it so. But for most here, if it didn't live up to your expectations, you only lost 45 minutes watching a free stream on YouTube. Nothing to wallow over, IMO.
Showing things we have seen a million times is a bad business decision. Its understanable to use a beloved franchise to hype up your event but when you deliver less than nothing it makes it so that trust in your company to produce appealing/ interesting incentives for their show declines. Its dumb. Its not like he said there would be a little something for Shenmue fans at Magic Kyoto, he literally said it would be EPIC for Shenmue 3.

Tell me how any of that is good business when:

1. Its not true.
2. It produces negativity towards Cedric
3. It lowers trust in Shibuya Productions ability to realistically set expectations.

I have defended Cedric a lot, used to be one of his most ardent defenders actually, but he has to know by now that because of his status that his words carry weight and he should be realistic in how he protrays situations. We are less than 2 weeks away from the games release and we have seen so god damn little. Its irresponsible to us fans and to Shibuya Productions to hype like he does so frequently.

I think its more disappointing that something bigger didnt come out of this to help market the game better, like a good launch trailer. I feel like theres been so little to even notify people the game is coming out in less than 2 weeks.

isn't it still really early for a launch trailer just yet? i think they normally get launch trailers a few days-a week before launch... we still have 2 weeks
actually around now is usually when they roll out, actually its closer to say around now there should be multiple trailers really pushing the game and then a launch trailer

This one is sort of sliding on out with no fanfare, the most we got is that 30 second ad thats probably not winning over any new attention.

I think its more disappointing that something bigger didnt come out of this to help market the game better, like a good launch trailer. I feel like theres been so little to even notify people the game is coming out in less than 2 weeks.
This event isn't that much of a big deal honestly. Just a cool litle event for fans to get some gear signed and stuff.
Lauch trailer will come...
Less thank 2 weeks now. Next week we should start to seem more media outlests talking about the game, and reviews should follow by the end of next week ar monday after that.
Just a litle more time!!!

Deep Silver Outward Launch Trailer : 26.03.2019, Deep Silver Outward Game Release: 26.03.2019,
Deep Silver Dakar 18 Launch Trailer: 25.08.2018, Deep Silver Dakar 18 Release: 25.08.2018,
Deep Silver Pathfinder Kingmaker Launch Trailer: 25.09.2018, Deep Silver Pathfinder Kingmaker Release: 25.09.2018,
Deep Silver Conan Exiles Launch Trailer: 08.05.2018, Deep Silver Conan Exiles Release: 08.05.2018,
Deep Silver Kingdom Come Deliverance Launch Trailer: 12.02.2018
Deep Silver Kingdom Come Delierance Release: 13.02.2018.

Make your bets for the Shenmue 3 Launch Trailer.

Deep Silver Outward Launch Trailer : 26.03.2019, Deep Silver Outward Game Release: 26.03.2019,
Deep Silver Dakar 18 Launch Trailer: 25.08.2018, Deep Silver Dakar 18 Release: 25.08.2018,
Deep Silver Pathfinder Kingmaker Launch Trailer: 25.09.2018, Deep Silver Pathfinder Kingmaker Release: 25.09.2018,
Deep Silver Conan Exiles Launch Trailer: 08.05.2018, Deep Silver Conan Exiles Release: 08.05.2018,
Deep Silver Kingdom Come Deliverance Launch Trailer: 12.02.2018
Deep Silver Kingdom Come Delierance Release: 13.02.2018.

Make your bets for the Shenmue 3 Launch Trailer.
All this proves is Deep Silver is bad with Launch trailer marketing.

i just had a look around online and it seems that most games drop their launch trailers the day of release, including the latest call of duty. it seems odd to me too though tbh
i see your point But how much marketing do most other games get before the launch trailer? I am betting much more than Shenmue 3. Context is just as important.

No, they don't. But the more WWE embellishes, exaggerates, oversells and over hypes, the more audiences tune out... A lot of life long WWE/wrestling fans like me have cancelled their Network subscription at some point and have stopped watching WWE.

I used WWE as an example because, although I don't watch it anymore (for wholly unrelated reasons), as a former "lifelong" fan it's still my first frame of reference for a lot of things. You could apply what I said to many other things that require advance promotion. It's just how it goes.

i see your point But how much marketing do most other games get before the launch trailer? I am betting much more than Shenmue 3. Context is just as important.
i agree, i think they've done as much low cost advertising as they could via social media and knowing that they have a strong fan base that will push as much as they can

Maybe they thought it was to early for a release trailer? Remember that all eyes are on Death Stranding, C.O.D and Star Wars at the moment.

Maybe they will wait until starwars is released before they do the final push?

It dont really matter if the game sells on day 1 or day 15

Back