Shenmue III Complete collectors edition

I'm on the fence. I really don't know. If it were just $50 cheaper, I would be saying hell yeah, but $150 for more tat I don't need (sorry, I don't need a replica sword or chobu chan figures or whatever they are) and another copy of the game is tough. I really just want the full experience on the a disc as something nice to have, especially with that lovely artwork.

Plus, I could just spend a few more hundred and get a Series X or a PS5...

Plus, I could just spend a few more hundred and get a Series X or a PS5...
Series X and PS5 will still be around months from now, and probably a bit cheaper. This on the other hand, won't :whistle:

Plus, if you're like me, missing anything Shenmue related will keep you awake at night :LOL:

Series X and PS5 will still be around months from now, and probably a bit cheaper. This on the other hand, won't :whistle:
You say that, but have the other "collector's editions" really proven to be that rare or expensive on the secondary market? (Genuine question, I haven't looked, but I seem to remember Pix N Love struggled to sell theirs and the standard Collector's Edition isn't exactly expensive in CEX)

I'm like you though. Hell, I saw a complete mint condition Dreamcast version of Shenmue 2 being sold last year and not picking it up still keeps me up at night... evem though I already own it and the only reason mine isn't mint is because I've owned it for over 15 years 😂

Big Wax are selling the LP NOW!

Big Wax are selling the LP NOW!

They have the CD collection too for 50 Euros.

Anyone from the UK done the maths to work out if it's more cost effective to get it from Big Wax? I assume it is.

My advice to all of you is to buy it once it goes live and then think it over for the next week or so. At the very least, you can just cancel the order if you dont want it and everything will be good

On the other hand, if you dont secure that order and wished you had two weeks from now, there is no going back.

Choose wisely

My advice to all of you is to buy it once it goes live and then think it over for the next week or so. At the very least, you can just cancel the order if you dont want it and everything will be good

On the other hand, if you dont secure that order and wished you had two weeks from now, there is no going back.

Choose wisely
I thought LRG don't allow cancellations? And in the event you do try to do so, they charge you a fee and threaten to ban your account if you cancel too many orders.

They have the CD collection too for 50 Euros.

Anyone from the UK done the maths to work out if it's more cost effective to get it from Big Wax? I assume it is.
Done the Maths. Surprisingly it seems to be more cost effective to order from Limited Run in the US! Assuming my calculations are correct... It's about £52 to £55. Weird... and I'm not sure the 55 pounds for Big Wax includes customs, whilst LRG does.

As Reprise said, I've also just looked at BigWax for delivery to the UK. Seems that they charge between €11,50 & €12,90 (upto ~€19-25 for the LP as well as it's bigger) for delivery, and that's probably not including import tax/duties etc - which could sting. At least with LRG, you pre-pay those charges.

I also think it's probably worth going with LRG. At least there, you can get everything at once too (the new Collections Edition) which will then also probably save on shipping.

I think I'll be going with LRG for peace of mind :p.

I thought LRG don't allow cancellations? And in the event you do try to do so, they charge you a fee and threaten to ban your account if you cancel too many orders.
Really? Thats terrible if thats true. I cant see them refusing a refund if you pay through PayPal.

Edit
Just read their page, there's a 15% "restocking fee" which is about £22. I think thats if you send the item back though once you recieve it.

If the shenmue 3 collection is going to take 5 months to create and i decide to cancel a week from today, im not paying no fee and will just get a auto refund through paypal

I went with Big Wax. That signed LP was the one I really wanted and I'd rather have it secured than wait.

Good luck everyone :)

Oddly I noticed when I went to pay with Paypal, the price went up from £90 to £94 (I ordered the CD set & 2xLP set)

Oddly I noticed when I went to pay with Paypal, the price went up from £90 to £94 (I ordered the CD set & 2xLP set)
Paypal takes a 3.4% + 20p when using them as a payment gateway (might be slightly different for businesses). Usually the seller takes the hit from this, but some do add an additional charge to cover it.

Paypal takes a 3.4% + 20p when using them as a payment gateway (might be slightly different for businesses). Usually the seller takes the hit from this, but some do add an additional charge to cover it.
Ah, that explains a lot! I wondered why the same happened to me when I bought something else the other day.

Really? Thats terrible if thats true. I cant see them refusing a refund if you pay through PayPal.

Edit
Just read their page, there's a 15% "restocking fee" which is about £22. I think thats if you send the item back though once you recieve it.

If the shenmue 3 collection is going to take 5 months to create and i decide to cancel a week from today, im not paying no fee and will just get a auto refund through paypal
I think they will ban your account for that. Their page seems to suggest they take a tough stance, unless I'm misreading it. It says all sales are final, there's a restocking fee if THEY cancel due to breaking TOS and that those who use charge backs etc are banned.

As I said on one of the other pages, it's considered illegal under EU consumer law I think, but I assume as they're in North America laws differ.

I think they will ban your account for that. Their page seems to suggest they take a tough stance, unless I'm misreading it. It says all sales are final, there's a restocking fee if THEY cancel due to breaking TOS and that those who use charge backs etc are banned.

As I said on one of the other pages, it's considered illegal under EU consumer law I think, but I assume as they're in North America laws differ.
Yeah that is very crafty. Its like they're trapping you in the sale and if you find a way out, they'll ban your account.

Only other thing i can say is pay with paypal and select "pay after 14 days". Thats an extra layer of security if you change your mind. But as you said, your LRG account may have issues.

With all that said though, i think you'll be happy once you purchase it. If you change your mind far down the road, reselling on ebay and amazon are always an option, plus you'll make back more money

So just to be clear, if you want EVERYTHING you will have to buy:

1 x Shenmue III Complete Edition PS4 - $149.99
1 x Shenmue III Definitive Soundtrack Complete Edition Vinyl - $349.99 / $299.99
1 x Shenmue III Definitive Soundtrack Complete Edition CD - $49.99
1 x Shenmue III Bailu and Niaowu Outer Boxes - $34.99
1 x Shenmue III Music Selection Vinyl - $39.99

$624.95 + Whatever shipping is

Damn, sucks to be a collector right about now.

Back