Shenmue III The Definitive Soundtrack is coming to digital, CD & vinyl starting November

Guys, F.Y.I, I got a contact with BigWax, the french-based label who also sells LRG vinyls.
I asked when the full vinyl soundtrack will come out, they said that for now, it is slated for the end of November.

ended up preordering the 6 cd version, I got the two datadisc vinyls and while they are cool, I just dont have the money for another limited edition. It will be nice to listen on the car stereo and also have the mp3s for backup.

Ok, I just noticed it's been 2 months since the last update from LRG. Still no word on the sword or the complete collector's edition.

I'm curious why the cds still haven't been printed...

Anybody else starting to feel a bit bitter about this? lol. I dropped $600 at Limited Run Games a year ago to get the complete vinyl, CD collection and the new Shenmue III Complete Edition game. I dunno. That's a lot of money to not have anything to show for it yet, especially when the vinyls and CD are available elsewhere to pre-order too.

I just hope the final product is worth it, because communication, and being $600 down for this long is really making me side-eye this whole thing. The best part is, LRG probably won't ship things individually either, so even if the vinyl is ready tomorrow, and the game takes another three months, I'd have to wait that long for everything. And of course it's almost impossible to cancel once you've paid. I understand there's wait times and it's expected, but I dunno. Communication and having paid a year ago is making me slightly bitter.

Oh well, just hope it's done soon and turns out great.

I do have a love/hate relationship with Limited Run. Listening to the interview the Dojo did, I've no doubt that the owner is sincere and means well, but for a lot of us, spending a lot of money in advance can be a bitter pill to swallow. On the other hand, when it does eventually come, it's worth the wait.

I can completely understand issues out of their hands (pandemic, Brexit etc), but on the other hand, announcing new product each week and their horrible way of dealing with refunds leaves much to be desired. I cancelled an order of Panzer Dragoon Remake and Streets of Rage 4 when the former had a PS4 edition announced and the latter had a regular release and I was told I was only allowed a full refund once. Any further refunds would result in a part-refund. Not sure if that's legal in the UK, but it's put me off buying from them ever again unless i'm 100% confident I want it.

I much prefer their new model of ordering stuff within a window as opposed to a one-off print, but it's still a pain at times. Thankfully, in the UK we have Funstock which appears to be a worthy substitute.

I do have a love/hate relationship with Limited Run. Listening to the interview the Dojo did, I've no doubt that the owner is sincere and means well, but for a lot of us, spending a lot of money in advance can be a bitter pill to swallow. On the other hand, when it does eventually come, it's worth the wait.

I can completely understand issues out of their hands (pandemic, Brexit etc), but on the other hand, announcing new product each week and their horrible way of dealing with refunds leaves much to be desired. I cancelled an order of Panzer Dragoon Remake and Streets of Rage 4 when the former had a PS4 edition announced and the latter had a regular release and I was told I was only allowed a full refund once. Any further refunds would result in a part-refund. Not sure if that's legal in the UK, but it's put me off buying from them ever again unless i'm 100% confident I want it.

I much prefer their new model of ordering stuff within a window as opposed to a one-off print, but it's still a pain at times. Thankfully, in the UK we have Funstock which appears to be a worthy substitute.
Communication is horrid. Like you said, I've no doubt the sincerity of the owner and his efforts to help Shenmue and the community, but for something that is months behind schedule, they need to be sending out a monthly update at least, even if it is just a copy and paste with a new date on it. I dropped close to a thousand, getting two of the CE and complete OST, plus all of the variations (sealed copies for the collection and open copies for use), and as you said, that is a LOT of money.

My understanding of the LP Sets is they can't get the larger ones into the USA to ship and in their normal fashion they don't ship everything until it's all in hand so if you've ordered 4 items they won't ship until that item is there.

Speaking to Josh, he's 100% sound and I don't believe for a second it's a cash grab. They're struggling with what I'm seeing a lot of other firms struggle with. But I agree the communication needs vast improvements.

As for the CD's I'm not sure as to what/where they were printed. I'd suggest they're probably of a similar status to the rest of the gear.

Anybody else starting to feel a bit bitter about this? lol. I dropped $600 at Limited Run Games a year ago to get the complete vinyl, CD collection and the new Shenmue III Complete Edition game. I dunno. That's a lot of money to not have anything to show for it yet, especially when the vinyls and CD are available elsewhere to pre-order too.

I just hope the final product is worth it, because communication, and being $600 down for this long is really making me side-eye this whole thing. The best part is, LRG probably won't ship things individually either, so even if the vinyl is ready tomorrow, and the game takes another three months, I'd have to wait that long for everything. And of course it's almost impossible to cancel once you've paid. I understand there's wait times and it's expected, but I dunno. Communication and having paid a year ago is making me slightly bitter.

Oh well, just hope it's done soon and turns out great.
I'm not bitter but I am baffled. Baffled that they refuse to say anything. I dropped $350 on this stuff. It's not nearly as much as what you guys spent, but it's still a hell of a lot of money and we're rolling up on a full year of zero communication, with only 6 days to go.

They've updated all the Shenmue pages to say Q4 2021 but they haven't actually addressed if that's likely or not, or if it's even possible. If it's not possible then let us know. Stop updating the release dates without saying anything especially if those release windows aren't at all possible. I fully expect for Christmas and New Year's to roll by, and then seeing the pages updated to Q1 2022 without any updates provided.

I just skimmed the podcast too and it sounds like the biggest hurdle has been getting the content on the Disc and getting it ok'd by Sony. But, the cds aren't ready to go. Is the sword manufactured? If everything was ready to go except for printing the game disc, I think I'd be less skeptical, but as mentioned above, the only thing ready to go atm are the vinyls.

I'm not bitter but I am baffled. Baffled that they refuse to say anything. I dropped $350 on this stuff. It's not nearly as much as what you guys spent, but it's still a hell of a lot of money and we're rolling up on a full year of zero communication, with only 6 days to go.

They've updated all the Shenmue pages to say Q4 2021 but they haven't actually addressed if that's likely or not, or if it's even possible. If it's not possible then let us know. Stop updating the release dates without saying anything especially if those release windows aren't at all possible. I fully expect for Christmas and New Year's to roll by, and then seeing the pages updated to Q1 2022 without any updates provided.

I just skimmed the podcast too and it sounds like the biggest hurdle has been getting the content on the Disc and getting it ok'd by Sony. But, the cds aren't ready to go. Is the sword manufactured? If everything was ready to go except for printing the game disc, I think I'd be less skeptical, but as mentioned above, the only thing ready to go atm are the vinyls.
You will have to take my word for this as I spoke to Josh about this after.

Items wise its all done. Everything was produced in China from what I recall but they need to get a shipping container to get the stuff over to ship, of which there's a chronic shortage:

The discs I don't know in fairness.

Again it does come down to communication around letting us know about this sorta stuff.

I listened to the 2xLP version over the weekend.... tracklisting is all over the place! Also I don't know if this has been discussed ( I think I did see someone mention a glitch with a track) but on the track Memories of Distant Days (Carrots Version), I can hear it loop over itself at the end... if this is intentional it is awful - Especially since it is stuck on the vinyl!

Last edited:
You will have to take my word for this as I spoke to Josh about this after.

Items wise its all done. Everything was produced in China from what I recall but they need to get a shipping container to get the stuff over to ship, of which there's a chronic shortage:

The discs I don't know in fairness.

Again it does come down to communication around letting us know about this sorta stuff.
Everything you just posted, including posting the link, I can understand and not be mad at. If only lrg would do what you just did, then we'd all know what's going on.

Guys, I reached the community manager from Bigwax, such a nice fellow !
He just confirmed me the shipping notice for the cd version, they have it in hand.

To the question : when will you receive the vinyl boxsets, he answered that they should get them on December 8th ! They will send an email to customers to provide this info, but here's your world premiere 😉

Back